Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dendreon: An Update On The Debt Situation [View article]
    Analysts see the Europe launch as not doing much. And how are they going to raise equity capital that is non-dilutive? You do realize that they are already several hundred million in the red for shareholder's equity?
    Jun 18, 2014. 01:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon: An Update On The Debt Situation [View article]
    You can make as much money as shorting a $20 stock to $10 as a $2 to $1. Just need more shares.
    Jun 18, 2014. 01:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon: An Update On The Debt Situation [View article]
    As I always say, I've never argued against the company's product/treatment or whatever you want to call it. But Provenge was supposed to be this blockbuster drug, and sales topped out in the US and are barely able to increase while competitors are showing massive revenue growth. With them losing money and burning through cash like there is no tomorrow, it makes the stock worth a short.

Could a major biotech/pharma do better with Provenge? Most likely. But is it worth paying a huge premium for it now and taking on the large debt, or potentially waiting for the company to go under and then pick up the pieces? That's a question for those making a lot more money than most of us will ever make.
    Jun 18, 2014. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon: An Update On The Debt Situation [View article]
    1. I've mentioned the insurance payment in pretty much all previous articles.

2. The $30 million is still not 100% guaranteed that they will get it.
    Jun 18, 2014. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria: A Pullback Would Be Nice [View article]
    No, because not all stocks are technically overbought, near 52-week highs, or trading at what seems like a premium for a lack of growth, plus the 3 month wait till the next dividend.
    Jun 17, 2014. 11:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    It is true. Please find the words "Investors should short Intel outright". You can use the CTRL-F function, it's very handy.

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of stocks I would think of as short CANDIDATES currently. Does that mean I would short them outright or suggest investors do? No.

Game over. You lose.
    Jun 17, 2014. 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    You are, as you always do. The reason why I put the table in, and said that investors should construct it however they want, is because they should be able to think for themselves. Yes, I provided an example of what I would do, but are there a million carbon copies of me out there? No. Is every investor out there going to listen to me? No.

I'm done arguing with a broken record. You don't get it, you don't bother to stand up and post your own articles, and you don't bother to criticize anyone else. Go take your personal agenda somewhere else, and stop bothering to take the Intel discussing off track.
    Jun 17, 2014. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    Except it never went to $29 pre-announcement.

Still waiting to see your Intel articles and their tremendous history.
    Jun 17, 2014. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    But that's also why I included the table starting at 4.00% so investors could think for themselves. By stating that investors have to hang to my every word, you are saying that they can't think for themselves.

I know what building a position is. Do you know what a personal agenda is? You obviously have one going against me, as you never seem to criticize anyone else on Intel when they get things massively wrong.

You really need to move on. I'm sure you'll criticize my next Intel article which will have nothing to do with any calls on the stock. Which, since you missed the point of this article as well, shows how you just want to ignore the article and play your stupid game rather than discuss what is here to discuss.
    Jun 17, 2014. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    But if you want full disclosure of my track record, you'd have to go back years, not months. And I'm sure you'll find some criticism there that you will twist out. When I'm right on Intel, you never copy and paste that into an article, so you are showing a bias outfront.

But here's the real point - what you claim is a call may not be a call. We had this debate at nausem about Feb. 5. Never did I say investors should outright short Intel, as I said I wouldn't be crazy about it and that shorts should take profits.
    Jun 17, 2014. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    But there is a case in point. You just posted two sentences from two articles, but you failed to tie them together. I wanted to short INTC into earnings, but I did not have the capital to do so. INTC did break above $27 into earnings, hitting a high of $27.12 I think it was. But when the stock dropped post earnings, I most likely would have covered the short, which is why in the Feb 5th article I said shorts sitting on a profit could consider taking the gain. So yes, I did regret not being able to short it, because I would have made the gain.

In the piece above, you quoted part of the piece about using zeros and fives. But you did not in that initial "quote" include the fact that Intel's current yield was at 4.26%, meaning the next level hit would have been 4.30%, and it was hit. You also ignored the statement that "investors could structure it however they want" and that I included a large table so that they could do just that.

In pretty much all of your "postings", you post select sentences from a paragraph, and then I have to come back in and re-post the rest of the paragraph that you left out, since nearly all of the time you argument is skewed by what you are posting, as you leave out the parts that don't fit what you need and yet provide a more clear picture.
    Jun 17, 2014. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    Because when you say you are "quoting" me, you are not doing so. Instead of putting an entire paragraph, you only take out certain words and or sentences. You usually leave out a chunk of the paragraph, mostly the important parts, so you're not quoting me exactly. You're parsing my words, and that is not quoting. Taking 50% of a paragraph out is like trying to only half paint a picture.

As for my own personal holdings, I'm not having this debate again. I barely ever own anything I write about. You'll criticize me for doing that, but if I had a position, you (and a lot of others) would criticizing me for being biased, ESPECIALLY if that position was short. I'd rather hold no position than be accused of being a manipulator.
    Jun 17, 2014. 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria: A Pullback Would Be Nice [View article]
    No, you certainly are not wrong. However, if you are reinvesting throughout the year, you do have to keep in mind that a reinvestment at current levels will not get you the same yield.

As someone looking at the stock, I have to come in at the viewpoint that investors are buying today, and from that angle, you will not get as much yield.
    Jun 17, 2014. 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    No, I've just gotten to the point where I no longer want to dilute my articles/discussions with off-topic drivel and misinformation.
    Jun 17, 2014. 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria: A Pullback Would Be Nice [View article]
    Since nearly all of the time I do not maintain a position in what I write about, I don't really care about stocks rising and potentially missing the rally. I'm not here to stir things up.

Yes, for those that look at income, the yield where it is now may not work. It did work when it was 100+ basis points higher.

And your last sentence is exactly the point. You, as a holder, have been happy. But that doesn't necessarily mean people buying today will experience the same happiness.
    Jun 17, 2014. 08:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment