Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple: 4 Potential Takeover Targets [View article]
    Yes, they are being generous by returning them, because they are not legally required to do so. Dividends and buybacks are bonuses to investors. They are not required.
    Aug 21 09:41 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown Clock Has Started [View article]
    I think $125 may be more realistic.
    Aug 14 04:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown Clock Has Started [View article]
    I think that's a bit optimistic, especially given the state of the market currently and Apple's tendency to sell off when it launches products.
    Aug 14 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown Clock Has Started [View article]
    Final countdown to this year's refresh.
    Aug 14 04:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown Clock Has Started [View article]
    It can be seen as a bullish sign because it shows those bearish on the name are running away from the stock. Had short interest been at a 2014 high, it would have been seen as definitely bearish I believe.
    Aug 14 03:21 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown Clock Has Started [View article]
    Oh, if this had been a short idea, and I had disclosed a short position, I would have been blasted for it.
    Aug 14 02:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown Clock Has Started [View article]
    As a personal preference, I usually do not hold positions (long or short) in anything I write about.

On the flip side, if I held a position, I'd be criticized for being biased.
    Aug 14 01:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed [View article]
    I wouldn't say heavy volume - it was basically 1/2 of the April quarter's day after volume and roughly 1/3 of the January quarter's day.

Sure, it looks heavy compared to recent days, but for an earnings day, it wasn't that much.
    Jul 23 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed [View article]
    I thought it might pull back a little on the disappointing revenue number and low guidance. Maybe a market pullback as well.
    Jul 23 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed [View article]
    Many people out there were looking for 38 million plus. I thought my estimate was rather reasonable.
    Jul 23 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed [View article]
    That's also because they took out $14 billion in debt.
    Jul 23 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed [View article]
    Still missed though.
    Jul 23 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Record Quarter That Slightly Disappointed [View article]
    Not quite the top end. And when you have a huge blowout last quarter plus a huge rise in the stock, Apple needed to do a little better.
    Jul 23 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown [View article]
    Apple gets the most coverage because it has the largest market cap, so it has the most impact on several indices (S&P 500, NASDAQ).
    Jul 22 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Final Countdown [View article]
    Well, remember that the statement was 40% increase in production by Dec. 30th. Any models produced on 12/30 are likely not going to be sold until the following quarter (fiscal Q2).
    Jul 22 12:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment