Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry Downgrade Reinforces Ongoing Narrative [View article]
    I can only refer you to the SEC if you feel that way.
    Mar 9, 2015. 08:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Downgrade Reinforces Ongoing Narrative [View article]
    Covered that in previous articles.
    Mar 9, 2015. 08:19 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Downgrade Reinforces Ongoing Narrative [View article]
    Difference between early stage and late stage. They see the potential in WhatsApp for the FB platform, as opposed to the 80% revenue drop that BBRY has shown in recent years.
    Mar 9, 2015. 08:02 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Buyout Rumors Scare Short Sellers [View article]
    The problem is that short interest had been on the rise for five months. It wasn't a quick spike that was reversed.
    Feb 11, 2015. 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Buyout Rumors Scare Short Sellers [View article]
    Not sure, but that's why there is an investigation underway.
    Feb 11, 2015. 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Buyout Rumors Scare Short Sellers [View article]
    Just get another one of these buyout rumors to pop up, and it will.
    Feb 11, 2015. 11:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Buyout Rumors Scare Short Sellers [View article]
    It is the 200-day at $9.74, the 50 day is about 60 cents higher than that.
    Feb 11, 2015. 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Another Curious Takeover Rumor [View article]
    I didn't really have a theory - I just stated I found the timing interesting.
    Jan 15, 2015. 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Another Curious Takeover Rumor [View article]
    Probably will see a lot of red.
    Jan 14, 2015. 08:21 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Another Curious Takeover Rumor [View article]
    Had I had the capital, I would have possibly nibbled on the initial move up to the low $11s. But I probably would have sold early in AH when it crossed $13. As per the article, I do not maintain a position in BlackBerry currently, and I do not anticipate buying/shorting anytime soon.
    Jan 14, 2015. 06:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    Yes, revenues have declined in the past. But what I'm talking about is the potential for future growth.
    Dec 30, 2014. 12:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    I don't see how I'm a bear when I continue to write articles on the name that are tagged as "Long Ideas".
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:47 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    It really depends on how "terrible" sales are. If the company can get $400 or more for a Passport/Classic versus maybe $150 for an older model, they really don't need to sell as many units to keep revenues mostly even.

Also, there will be some "help" from those Passport units that were not able to be counted in the Q3 results.
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:28 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    Yes, as I've shown in multiple articles, revenue estimates dropped significantly between reports. To say they didn't is simply wrong.
    Dec 30, 2014. 10:02 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    And yet the analysts cut their forecasts substantially and the company still missed by a tremendous amount.
    Dec 30, 2014. 09:09 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment