Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry Buyout Rumors Scare Short Sellers [View article]
    It is the 200-day at $9.74, the 50 day is about 60 cents higher than that.
    Feb 11, 2015. 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Another Curious Takeover Rumor [View article]
    I didn't really have a theory - I just stated I found the timing interesting.
    Jan 15, 2015. 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Another Curious Takeover Rumor [View article]
    Probably will see a lot of red.
    Jan 14, 2015. 08:21 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Another Curious Takeover Rumor [View article]
    Had I had the capital, I would have possibly nibbled on the initial move up to the low $11s. But I probably would have sold early in AH when it crossed $13. As per the article, I do not maintain a position in BlackBerry currently, and I do not anticipate buying/shorting anytime soon.
    Jan 14, 2015. 06:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    Yes, revenues have declined in the past. But what I'm talking about is the potential for future growth.
    Dec 30, 2014. 12:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    I don't see how I'm a bear when I continue to write articles on the name that are tagged as "Long Ideas".
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:47 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    It really depends on how "terrible" sales are. If the company can get $400 or more for a Passport/Classic versus maybe $150 for an older model, they really don't need to sell as many units to keep revenues mostly even.

Also, there will be some "help" from those Passport units that were not able to be counted in the Q3 results.
    Dec 30, 2014. 11:28 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    Yes, as I've shown in multiple articles, revenue estimates dropped significantly between reports. To say they didn't is simply wrong.
    Dec 30, 2014. 10:02 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    And yet the analysts cut their forecasts substantially and the company still missed by a tremendous amount.
    Dec 30, 2014. 09:09 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Bar Will Be Low [View article]
    Analysts did not raise their revenue estimates. That is completely false.
    Dec 30, 2014. 09:09 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Let's Not Celebrate Just Yet [View article]
    I'm just using the numbers given to us in the balance sheet. Nothing I calculated above is actually wrong.
    Dec 23, 2014. 10:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Let's Not Celebrate Just Yet [View article]
    China will be hard to break into, especially if you're trying to do it with such a small volume.
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Let's Not Celebrate Just Yet [View article]
    The problem is that they've been selling fewer phones at a lower margin for years, and there's a lot of competition. It's hard to just jump into a "premium" type space when your recent history is terrible.
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Let's Not Celebrate Just Yet [View article]
    There is nothing fake. Of course there is. That's why they are called NON-GAAP, as in, NOT GAAP! That's why they are not accepted. Duh.
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:28 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Let's Not Celebrate Just Yet [View article]
    Depends how you look at it, considering Green Mountain has tremendous market share in its space, unlikely BlackBerry.
    Dec 23, 2014. 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment