Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel: PC Weakness Priced In [View article]
    As of Thursday morning, the average Q2 forecast is down to $13.15 billion, and the full year estimate is down by another $20 million.
    Jul 2, 2015. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel-Altera: My Thoughts On The Proposed Deal [View article]
    Of that cash at the end of Q1, about $10 billion was outside the US and would have to be repatriated at a significant tax rate to bring it home.
    Jun 3, 2015. 10:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel-Altera: My Thoughts On The Proposed Deal [View article]
    It's hard to calculate a rate of return, at least the way I would want to do it, without knowing exactly how they want to fund the transaction and at what rates.
    Jun 3, 2015. 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel-Altera: My Thoughts On The Proposed Deal [View article]
    Well, they also are spending like $9 billion a year in capex and 4-5 billion on the dividend, plus running the buyback at 2-3 billion. So it will take a few years to pay off the debt, assuming they want to.
    Jun 2, 2015. 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel-Altera: My Thoughts On The Proposed Deal [View article]
    The catalyst for stock price increase is PC space doing better than expected, potentially driven by Windows 10 release.
    Jun 2, 2015. 07:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel-Altera: My Thoughts On The Proposed Deal [View article]
    It probably won't be accretive immediately, because of the debt costs and initial restructuring that will have to be done, on a GAAP basis. If you are looking at non-GAAP, or adjusted earnings, perhaps.

As for the price, it does look expensive at face value, but these smaller names are getting picked up right now.
    Jun 2, 2015. 07:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Train Is Leaving The Station [View article]
    One thing I'm not sure if it was included is Intel's restructuring charges. Management only details these in the quarterly guidance, not in the full year. With guidance of $225 million in the 1st half for these, you're probably looking at a 5-10 cent hit to EPS from these, which some people forget to include. That might explain some of the "negativity" from analysts, as compared to the $2.20 to $2.40 number the author stated in this article.
    Apr 18, 2015. 04:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    I don't really focus on QCOM, I only covered it recently because of the dividend/buyback news, as I cover a lot of capital return information.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    People stopped buying PCs.
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    I generally don't take positions in anything I write about, INTC, AAPL, etc.
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    Of course, you skipped a whole bunch of articles there and also missed one of the key points that did come true, but that's to be expected.

Again, cherry picking stuff to bolster your crusade, the broken record continues.

Still waiting for your Intel article with all of your fabulous predictions.
    Apr 16, 2015. 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    That's not a prediction. It's a factual statement, as management guided to zero revenue growth.

Still waiting for your first Intel article, rather than your repeated criticisms of everything I write.
    Apr 16, 2015. 11:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    How exactly was I wrong? The company did miss revenue estimates and issued Q2 guidance below estimates.

I am not prejudiced against Intel, as I have written quite a few positive articles on the name. Perhaps you need to check your facts.
    Apr 16, 2015. 10:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    But why did they not mention the dollar on the Q4 conference call? It had surged up to that point, it just rallied further after.

I think it is more of a PC slowdown than anything, but while you are bringing up one problem, might as well discuss another.

And I turned positive before Intel got to the "mid-$30s".
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    I don't want to attack you, I just want to correct the misinformation you provide that portrays me in an incorrect light.

If you're saying that I flip-flopped, then I'm sure you will agree management did too. Since they were the one being so positive, only to come out and warn.

I'm not reacting to the heard, I'm analyzing the news.

As for the dollar, management really didn't state much about it in the past, as their first major comment about it was on the warning.
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment