Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel Train Is Leaving The Station [View article]
    One thing I'm not sure if it was included is Intel's restructuring charges. Management only details these in the quarterly guidance, not in the full year. With guidance of $225 million in the 1st half for these, you're probably looking at a 5-10 cent hit to EPS from these, which some people forget to include. That might explain some of the "negativity" from analysts, as compared to the $2.20 to $2.40 number the author stated in this article.
    Apr 18, 2015. 04:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    I don't really focus on QCOM, I only covered it recently because of the dividend/buyback news, as I cover a lot of capital return information.
    Apr 16, 2015. 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    People stopped buying PCs.
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    I generally don't take positions in anything I write about, INTC, AAPL, etc.
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    Of course, you skipped a whole bunch of articles there and also missed one of the key points that did come true, but that's to be expected.

Again, cherry picking stuff to bolster your crusade, the broken record continues.

Still waiting for your Intel article with all of your fabulous predictions.
    Apr 16, 2015. 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    That's not a prediction. It's a factual statement, as management guided to zero revenue growth.

Still waiting for your first Intel article, rather than your repeated criticisms of everything I write.
    Apr 16, 2015. 11:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: It Could Have Been Worse [View article]
    How exactly was I wrong? The company did miss revenue estimates and issued Q2 guidance below estimates.

I am not prejudiced against Intel, as I have written quite a few positive articles on the name. Perhaps you need to check your facts.
    Apr 16, 2015. 10:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    But why did they not mention the dollar on the Q4 conference call? It had surged up to that point, it just rallied further after.

I think it is more of a PC slowdown than anything, but while you are bringing up one problem, might as well discuss another.

And I turned positive before Intel got to the "mid-$30s".
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    I don't want to attack you, I just want to correct the misinformation you provide that portrays me in an incorrect light.

If you're saying that I flip-flopped, then I'm sure you will agree management did too. Since they were the one being so positive, only to come out and warn.

I'm not reacting to the heard, I'm analyzing the news.

As for the dollar, management really didn't state much about it in the past, as their first major comment about it was on the warning.
    Apr 13, 2015. 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    I don't call it a personal attack when I provide clear information against those who post false and misleading information in the comment section of my articles.

As for being negative/positive - So many people were positive on Intel earlier in the year. Maybe I'm a little more negative now because of the near billion dollar revenue warning that was issued last month. I guess you missed that.
    Apr 13, 2015. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    I report abuse when yours truly issues false claims and distorts reality to spread your agenda.
    Apr 13, 2015. 03:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    I don't write articles from commenters who like to report false information and get their comments taken down from the site.
    Apr 13, 2015. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    If PC is less than 50% in 1 year, INTC is in BIG trouble.
    Apr 13, 2015. 01:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    There have been a number of times I have been correct on Intel as well. When you are the leading site writer for technology and cover the stock several times a quarter, you can't jump in and out every other week.

And, this is not a bearish article, as it is not tagged with short ideas. It is an earnings preview article.
    Apr 13, 2015. 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Now Has Something To Prove [View article]
    Oh, look who is back. Why not criticize some of the ultra-Intel fanboys instead?

Yes, sentiment was negative last year, which is why I said 2 of the past 3.
    Apr 13, 2015. 12:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment