Bill Maurer

View Bill Maurer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel: A Big Announcement May Come Soon [View article]
    Luckily, Cisco has started to get its share count down. How long that is sustainable, I don't now. The problem is that if Intel stops the buyback completely, you're going to start dinging EPS by a couple pennies a year probably.

There was a recent stretch where Intel missed EPS by a penny for 3 out of 4 quarters. A little more on the buyback and one or all of those misses would not have happened. Can't do that with dividends.
    Jun 23 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: A Big Announcement May Come Soon [View article]
    Intel between 2011-2014 is going to spend about $43 billion on capital expenditures. Do you really think $200 million, the cost to raise the dividend one penny a year, is going to make a difference on $43 billion, and that doesn't include acquisitions or equity stakes.
    Jun 23 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: A Big Announcement May Come Soon [View article]
    A little more than half of Intel's cash is either located inside the US or can be repatriated without more taxes. That pile is around $11 billion I believe, you can check some of my previous articles for the exact answer.
    Jun 23 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: A Big Announcement May Come Soon [View article]
    You might want to learn about capital returns then and the importance of a buyback.

Do you like decreasing EPS? Do you like more dilution?
    Jun 23 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: A Big Announcement May Come Soon [View article]
    170 million shares at end of May, not much considering roughly 5 billion shares outstanding, but still high compared to AAPL, CSCO, MSFT.
    Jun 23 09:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    It is true. Please find the words "Investors should short Intel outright". You can use the CTRL-F function, it's very handy.

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of stocks I would think of as short CANDIDATES currently. Does that mean I would short them outright or suggest investors do? No.

Game over. You lose.
    Jun 17 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    You are, as you always do. The reason why I put the table in, and said that investors should construct it however they want, is because they should be able to think for themselves. Yes, I provided an example of what I would do, but are there a million carbon copies of me out there? No. Is every investor out there going to listen to me? No.

I'm done arguing with a broken record. You don't get it, you don't bother to stand up and post your own articles, and you don't bother to criticize anyone else. Go take your personal agenda somewhere else, and stop bothering to take the Intel discussing off track.
    Jun 17 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    Except it never went to $29 pre-announcement.

Still waiting to see your Intel articles and their tremendous history.
    Jun 17 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    But that's also why I included the table starting at 4.00% so investors could think for themselves. By stating that investors have to hang to my every word, you are saying that they can't think for themselves.

I know what building a position is. Do you know what a personal agenda is? You obviously have one going against me, as you never seem to criticize anyone else on Intel when they get things massively wrong.

You really need to move on. I'm sure you'll criticize my next Intel article which will have nothing to do with any calls on the stock. Which, since you missed the point of this article as well, shows how you just want to ignore the article and play your stupid game rather than discuss what is here to discuss.
    Jun 17 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    But if you want full disclosure of my track record, you'd have to go back years, not months. And I'm sure you'll find some criticism there that you will twist out. When I'm right on Intel, you never copy and paste that into an article, so you are showing a bias outfront.

But here's the real point - what you claim is a call may not be a call. We had this debate at nausem about Feb. 5. Never did I say investors should outright short Intel, as I said I wouldn't be crazy about it and that shorts should take profits.
    Jun 17 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    But there is a case in point. You just posted two sentences from two articles, but you failed to tie them together. I wanted to short INTC into earnings, but I did not have the capital to do so. INTC did break above $27 into earnings, hitting a high of $27.12 I think it was. But when the stock dropped post earnings, I most likely would have covered the short, which is why in the Feb 5th article I said shorts sitting on a profit could consider taking the gain. So yes, I did regret not being able to short it, because I would have made the gain.

In the piece above, you quoted part of the piece about using zeros and fives. But you did not in that initial "quote" include the fact that Intel's current yield was at 4.26%, meaning the next level hit would have been 4.30%, and it was hit. You also ignored the statement that "investors could structure it however they want" and that I included a large table so that they could do just that.

In pretty much all of your "postings", you post select sentences from a paragraph, and then I have to come back in and re-post the rest of the paragraph that you left out, since nearly all of the time you argument is skewed by what you are posting, as you leave out the parts that don't fit what you need and yet provide a more clear picture.
    Jun 17 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    Because when you say you are "quoting" me, you are not doing so. Instead of putting an entire paragraph, you only take out certain words and or sentences. You usually leave out a chunk of the paragraph, mostly the important parts, so you're not quoting me exactly. You're parsing my words, and that is not quoting. Taking 50% of a paragraph out is like trying to only half paint a picture.

As for my own personal holdings, I'm not having this debate again. I barely ever own anything I write about. You'll criticize me for doing that, but if I had a position, you (and a lot of others) would criticizing me for being biased, ESPECIALLY if that position was short. I'd rather hold no position than be accused of being a manipulator.
    Jun 17 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    No, I've just gotten to the point where I no longer want to dilute my articles/discussions with off-topic drivel and misinformation.
    Jun 17 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    You're funny. Your ability to twist words and completely disregard what people say is one of a kind. You certainly have a gift.
    Jun 16 11:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Can You Now Spare A Penny? [View article]
    Well, it could though. Remember, the real "increase" was just for Q2. With flat revenues on the year, FCF could have been down 1-2 billion. But if now you maybe have an extra $500 million of net income, perhaps combined with some extra add-back from SBC, it could be enough where maybe a penny in 2H 2014 only puts the Div/FCF ratio at maybe 45-47% instead of it being say 49-51% or higher where things may have been trending.
    Jun 16 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment