Bio Insights

View Bio Insights' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Acadia Rockets Into The Stratosphere On Clinical Trial Data [View article]
    hence the inclusion of the last paragraph. There could be substantial profit taking from here on out
    Nov 28, 2012. 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acadia Investors Await Clinical Trial Results For Pimavanserin [View article]
    Well, at least my home base (Bio-Wire.com) isn't slow =)

SA has a filtration system that does add time to the article pipeline though
    Nov 27, 2012. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Weekend Recap: Frustration And Disasters [View article]
    congratulations on the ACAD play, great results for pimavanserin
    Nov 27, 2012. 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lucrative Opportunities In Amarin's Options Market [View article]
    Interesting, sorry you had so much trouble with those. I presume that it was also hard to sell those contracts due to the 1 week that you had before the actual expiration of those contracts. Just out of curiousity, why would you want the 9's - especially given the sheer size of the spread?
    Nov 27, 2012. 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Exelixis Traders Brace For Upcoming FDA Decision [View article]
    I don't think $6 is out of the question. I have a harder time seeing anything significantly higher than that, but we'll have to see
    Nov 27, 2012. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acadia Investors Await Clinical Trial Results For Pimavanserin [View article]
    I don't have the luxury of controlling when some of these articles are released on SA - believe me I'll be writing a reaction to Acadia's results
    Nov 27, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Weekend Recap: Short Week, Major Rally [View article]
    In response to the statements made by you and Captain a, I just have two quick points to make

1.) I have no interest in either side of the DVAX equation, and I can assure you that I have no business relations with any DVAX competitors either.

2.) I made my statements based on the reaction of the FDA's advisory committee meeting, not my own personal opinions or observations. Based on the vote they had, there's reason to at least question or be cautious about Heplislav in terms of safety. I did not mean to imply that Dynavax would be unable to address the current problems with the compound and its BLA later on
    Nov 26, 2012. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lucrative Opportunities In Amarin's Options Market [View article]
    Having said that, I think AMRN is in a particularly nice spot right now (and it has been in the last few months.) I'll be very happy if the premiums stay this large on the contracts but I don't see this high level of speculation continuing forever
    Nov 26, 2012. 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lucrative Opportunities In Amarin's Options Market [View article]
    I agree that REDUCE-IT is going to be a big deal if AMRN doesn't get acquired anytime soon. I might to continue my playing around with AMRN options in anticipation of those phase III results

By the way, I recommend checking out this interview I had with Omthera

Nov 26, 2012. 07:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lucrative Opportunities In Amarin's Options Market [View article]
    Works well doesn't it? And it offers so much more control than standard strategy
    Nov 26, 2012. 07:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lucrative Opportunities In Amarin's Options Market [View article]
    I also have to add that I haven't had any problems yet, and I found the market fairly liquid. The bid/ask spreads are annoyingly large, but I was okay with limit orders that matched bid prices. A few pennies per contract isn't going to make a huge difference for the calls near-the-money
    Nov 26, 2012. 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech Weekend Recap: Important Developments And Big Releases [View article]
    JMattius, that was actually a mistake! I am still long AMRN - thanks for pointing it out - I'm going to have that corrected.

I don't think an NCE rejection would put AMRN into single digits - it might actually be a positive catalyst since it'd progress M&A talks
    Nov 11, 2012. 05:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vivus Reports A Weak 1st Quarter For Qsymia [View article]
    Thanks! Are you still long VVUS? What do you think about the sales they posted thus far?
    Nov 8, 2012. 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vivus Reports A Weak 1st Quarter For Qsymia [View article]
    Analysts overshot and expected the drug to hit the ground a lot better than it has thus far, and the shares do deserve to move lower, but at a certain point it will be overdone
    Nov 8, 2012. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 November Catalysts For Biotech Traders [View article]
    Yeah it's a typo, very sorry about it. Editors have been notified
    Nov 6, 2012. 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment