Bio Insights

View Bio Insights' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Abbott: Galectin-3 Assay Sees Approval And Builds Takeover Case For La Jolla Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    I will continue to follow the sector and maybe do a write-up on galectin inhibitors in general, they're neat
    Apr 15 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah there are others in the broader space, but do you know of another galectin-3 inhibitor? I wasn't able to find any besides La Jolla's
    Apr 15 02:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Jose

I didn't even put that chart in, it must've been added in during the SA editorial process?
    Apr 15 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    Catch-22: if I short MNKD they'll say "he's trying to drop the price so his position makes gains". If I don't short MNKD, they will assume I'm short even though the disclaimer clearly states that I have no positions in the stock mentioned
    Apr 14 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    It's not that old - it's the data that led to the most recent FDA rejection

there's obviously more to the argument
    Apr 14 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    I actually found out that Adam Feuerstein was skeptical on this stock too after this note came out, because someone asked (moreso "asserted") the theory that I was working with him to attack MNKD longs

The truth is much less exciting - I'm an individual investor that's fond of biotech/energy stocks & Red Bull
    Apr 14 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    " supposed to far superior and better data is expected of it"

exactly - it's "expected"

technosphere insulin still the actual product, old device's data for safety will be vital for approval

I really like the new name though
    Apr 14 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    yourmama, good to see you here. I remember you as one of the sane AMRN longs, and I respect it when you comment (even if you disagree)

To you (and others), I apologize if your position in MNKD was negatively affected by this article. However, if you're right, obviously you will win in the end anyway.

Lets keep this all non-personal
    Apr 14 08:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    "And the price will go up before the FDA decision comes in....that's a fact jack. "

sounds like a great idea, why not buy MNKD on full margin and tell everyone else to do the same. Nothing can go wrong, Afrezza is a guaranteed blockbuster right?

Bio-Wire, Seeking Alpha , Small Cap Network (the main places where this note appeared) are all sites that offer investing opinions based on author's interpretations. Bio-Wire, my site, is more news-centric. My "agenda" is to write on the biotech sector. Some of it is more opinionated (MNKD, QCOR), some of it is more news centric (recently BCRX and SRPT for instance)

I posted my opinion, you (and others) have posted yours. I don't have a position, and most people here do. It's really that simple.

I'll do my best to respond to the people who responded tastefully to my piece, but it may not be instantaneous. I have a lot on my plate right now
    Apr 14 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Risk Trading With Dendreon [View article]
    I can't deny that Provenge is a very good therapy, but I don't think DNDN is a good investment for common stockholders and the notion that it's on the verge of a buyout seems like hopium at this point
    Apr 14 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Risk Trading With Dendreon [View article]
    I think anyone who does even the slightest bit of homework on Seeking Alpha can realize that it's a blog platform for authors to reach readers, not an online investment advisory entity
    Apr 14 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Risk Trading With Dendreon [View article]
    Ted, you're right about the chemo layering potential. I still think the top-line may improve based on this within the US pool, but the bulk of my skepticism is based on financials. I also wish I had the weekly data for provenge sales, but I'd imagine that the commercials won't spike them. We'll see

I don't know this off the top of my head but if you can also answer how much provenge will generate per therapy in europe, if JJ addressed that or not
    Apr 14 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    Don't worry I'll have a response and further details on my case, I just had other things to do than to craft individual replies to upset MNKD longs in the last two days

If you truly believe that MNKD is going to be a success, you shouldn't have anything to worry about so there's no need to get so emotional. Joe, I'll look at your comment soon
    Apr 13 10:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Muscular Dystrophy Drug Succeeds, Sarepta Buyers Flood In [View article]
    Had error pointed out, fixing now. Thanks for the comment
    Apr 11 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Risk Trading With Dendreon [View article]
    Nice overview, and I'm glad that you mention the "DNDN Debt Ball of Death" that other articles often fail to mention. Other points:

-I don't think DNDN is risky because it only relies on one product, other risks outweigh the heck out of that

-TV ads aren't necessarily a reason to be optimistic, this only adds to marketing expenses and may not add anything to rev from sales (if this move disappoints bears will have more ammunition against DNDN too)

-"Another reason to remain optimistic for Dendreon is its expected expansion to the European countries. The company expects that a regulatory decision will be made in Europe by mid-2013. Once approved, this is foreseen as a catalyst for the rebound from the current sliding share prices."

Yes, but they don't have a way to manufacture provenge there yet

-If anything, the notion of a guaranteed "rebound" makes it less probable IMO

but most importantly you actually looked at their balance sheet and saw all the convertible notes, which will help inform investors of the risk they're actually taking with DNDN common
    Apr 11 06:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment