Bio Matt

View Bio Matt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Biotech Companies That Look To Be Good Buys After A Pullback [View article]
    $SGEN and $BLUE may be good stocks to look at in the pullback in addition to GILD. I may wait for $BLUE to raise some capital, but $SGEN looks good to me anywhere around 36.
    Apr 11 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bluebird Biotechnology Lock Up Expiration May Cause Stock To Land [View article]
    I believe the expirations has stopped this from taking off, but most of the selling pressure has eased. This is one of the higher quality IPOs from 2013 and I think the funds have taken that into consideration.
    Jan 9 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Finally Turned The Corner? [View article]
    I have not.
    Oct 17 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Finally Turned The Corner? [View article]
    Joenjensen,

as per your second point, neither of Peregrine's products have been approved for use in humans. They are still in clinical trials. They recently released more information on their trials about 2 weeks ago.
    Jul 12 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Post-Hoc Analysis Hype Debunked [View article]
    This came to mind whilst reading this:

"You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization."

Not really relevant, but it appears all of Alpha Exposure's articles are copies of others thoughts. I have no CLSN position, but find merit in the post-hoc analysis. Any oncologist who works with HCC knows that ablation time and technique is crucial.
    Jun 27 07:58 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Finally Turned The Corner? [View article]
    I am not out to deceive, manipulate prices etc. I have never owned PPHM and don't intend to buy in the near future, but I see the scientific merit of Bavi, which is why I have explained that the stock could go either way in the near future. If a lucrative partner is not found soon, the stock will drop with dilution. It's similar with many companies, but the questions remains as to why a parnet has not been found.
    Jun 13 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    There are several ties at Alexza including the Anesta link you mentioned. I do believe if Adasuve is successful, a bid will be made (One may have been made before, who knows) and Alexza will sell to Teva at the right price, but its still quite far away and based on future success. King has also mentioned that Teva's execs are completely different now then back when they did previous business. Either way, I believe this has nowhere to go but up.
    Jun 10 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    I believe the potential buyout would be speculation in the short term. I don't see a buyout within the next year and see the incentive plan as a long term bonus for the execs. Also, I believe the royalty rate is probably in the 20-25% rate, but we will have to see in the future. It's not abnormal to see royalty rates kept confidential nowadays.
    Jun 9 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb: The Untold Story Of Led Zeppelin [View article]
    Thanks for the nice comments, I have enjoyed your unbiased coverage of pharma thus far. I believe BMY may keep running up a few dollars for another week or two, but with the possibility of a market pullback and the somewhat unjustified runout post-ASCO, I can see it falling soon. Either way, BMY's pipeline and new to market products have the possibility to be immense and they are leading pharma in pipeline success right now.
    Jun 7 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb: The Untold Story Of Led Zeppelin [View article]
    Thanks for the link to my past article and the analysis here. The difference I see between BMY and the likes of MRK, LLY, anf PFE is the fact that BMY is still a growth story, which is shown in the current P/E. I believe it may actually be a bit expense at this stage with its recent run up and ASCO hype. I have been monitoring BMY for close to a year now and initially put out a buy recommendation in January at around 34. I wish I did buy it myself, but have found that I am a better analyst without having owned the stock as it allows me to be critical if needed. I see BMY settling in the $43 range in the future, however.
    Jun 6 08:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    I actually agree to with the author of the Forbes article with regards to biotech/pharma innovation. I don't believe he was bashing either NuPathe or Alexza really, but making a valid point that innovation needs to be used effectively to be lucrative. He probably was a bit over the top on it though.
    Jun 4 07:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    Anomaly,

They have announced on several conference calls that there have been several hundred products identified that can work with the Staccato system. They have not released any list of what molecules/products they could use, but their website has a list of current pipeline molecules.
    Jun 3 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    In the long term it could easily be worth that. The system can be used for hundreds of drugs and once the proof of concept is solidified with a 2nd product, I believe trials will be expedited by the FDA, which will allow much quicker approval.
    May 30 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    No worries at all, always good to questions things and do as much research as possible.
    May 19 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    King mentioned that the deals are almost identical for both Teva and Grupo Ferrer meaning the top line payments are similar (minus the milestone payments). Several other answers during the previous calls also alluded to this.
    May 19 10:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment