Bio Matt

View Bio Matt's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Galena Biopharma: Stock First, Science Second? [View article]
    Funny how all the positive articles are based on science and the negative ones on random conspiracy theories. Yes, all biotechs have a good chance of failing in clinical trials, and Galena may, but the reasoning behind the attacks is unjustified and based on theory and not science.
    May 13 02:19 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Post-Hoc Analysis Hype Debunked [View article]
    This came to mind whilst reading this:

"You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization."

Not really relevant, but it appears all of Alpha Exposure's articles are copies of others thoughts. I have no CLSN position, but find merit in the post-hoc analysis. Any oncologist who works with HCC knows that ablation time and technique is crucial.
    Jun 27 07:58 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb: The Untold Story Of Led Zeppelin [View article]
    Thanks for the link to my past article and the analysis here. The difference I see between BMY and the likes of MRK, LLY, anf PFE is the fact that BMY is still a growth story, which is shown in the current P/E. I believe it may actually be a bit expense at this stage with its recent run up and ASCO hype. I have been monitoring BMY for close to a year now and initially put out a buy recommendation in January at around 34. I wish I did buy it myself, but have found that I am a better analyst without having owned the stock as it allows me to be critical if needed. I see BMY settling in the $43 range in the future, however.
    Jun 6 08:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sarepta Is A Good Buy With Or Without Accelerated Approval [View article]
    Thank you for the comments. I hope that AA is granted more for all of the DMD children that truly need eteplirsen than for any financial gain. Either way, I intend to hold Sarepta for many years.
    Apr 17 06:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb: The Untold Story Of Led Zeppelin [View article]
    Thanks for the nice comments, I have enjoyed your unbiased coverage of pharma thus far. I believe BMY may keep running up a few dollars for another week or two, but with the possibility of a market pullback and the somewhat unjustified runout post-ASCO, I can see it falling soon. Either way, BMY's pipeline and new to market products have the possibility to be immense and they are leading pharma in pipeline success right now.
    Jun 7 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    I actually agree to with the author of the Forbes article with regards to biotech/pharma innovation. I don't believe he was bashing either NuPathe or Alexza really, but making a valid point that innovation needs to be used effectively to be lucrative. He probably was a bit over the top on it though.
    Jun 4 07:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    Anomaly,

They have announced on several conference calls that there have been several hundred products identified that can work with the Staccato system. They have not released any list of what molecules/products they could use, but their website has a list of current pipeline molecules.
    Jun 3 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    In the long term it could easily be worth that. The system can be used for hundreds of drugs and once the proof of concept is solidified with a 2nd product, I believe trials will be expedited by the FDA, which will allow much quicker approval.
    May 30 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    King mentioned that the deals are almost identical for both Teva and Grupo Ferrer meaning the top line payments are similar (minus the milestone payments). Several other answers during the previous calls also alluded to this.
    May 19 10:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alexza Pharmaceuticals Has A Partner In Big Pharma, Now What? [View article]
    My goal is never to pump stocks or push people into buying. I enjoy researching the pharma/biotech industry in general and try not to spiny any of my findings. Thank you for the comments and I do believe this is a good play in the long term.
    May 16 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena Biopharma: Stock First, Science Second? [View article]

All of these nonsensical questions answered.....
    May 14 08:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Oncology Biotechs For The Future [View article]
    Scott,

Thank you for the response. I have submitted a revision about the May 2nd date being the advisory board meeting and not NDA decision. I am not sure why I miswrote that. With regards to the Baton-BC trial, I did not comment on it because enrollment just started a few months ago and we have not had a read out on data yet. I feel it unfair to speculate on its approval chances for BC, but should have provided more light on why the royalty was so high considering revenues are already split 50/50.
    Apr 15 08:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Of Diabetes Treatment And Who May Ultimately Benefit [View article]
    The abbreviated coverage was to keep the article somewhat concise. I initially had what amounted to a thesis written and needed to shorten.
    Apr 2 07:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I wholeheartedly agree with you on the fact that people need to live a more healthy lifestyle and stop depending so much on pills. I don't blame it on the lobbyists but a combination of technology and general laziness in the masses. I do like pharmaceuticals(not just the industry) for several reasons however. They help put food on my table and have advanced our society in many ways, which is why I like to research the industry.
    Apr 2 06:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Alexza Pharmaceuticals Ran 10% In 5 Minutes [View article]
    On an intraday basis, it is quite a volatile stock for what has been relatively low volume lately. I am holding and long for one however. I may add on the dips as Yabadabadoo is doing, but I am not selling anytime soon.
    Mar 6 12:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment