Bio Matt

View Bio Matt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb: The Untold Story Of Led Zeppelin [View article]
    Thanks for the nice comments, I have enjoyed your unbiased coverage of pharma thus far. I believe BMY may keep running up a few dollars for another week or two, but with the possibility of a market pullback and the somewhat unjustified runout post-ASCO, I can see it falling soon. Either way, BMY's pipeline and new to market products have the possibility to be immense and they are leading pharma in pipeline success right now.
    Jun 7 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb: The Untold Story Of Led Zeppelin [View article]
    Thanks for the link to my past article and the analysis here. The difference I see between BMY and the likes of MRK, LLY, anf PFE is the fact that BMY is still a growth story, which is shown in the current P/E. I believe it may actually be a bit expense at this stage with its recent run up and ASCO hype. I have been monitoring BMY for close to a year now and initially put out a buy recommendation in January at around 34. I wish I did buy it myself, but have found that I am a better analyst without having owned the stock as it allows me to be critical if needed. I see BMY settling in the $43 range in the future, however.
    Jun 6 08:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bristol-Myers Has The Future Of Oncology Therapies [View article]
    Alexander,

Thanks for catching that, I did mean to write revenue and not earnings. I will certainly have the article revised.
    May 5 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Bristol-Myers Squibb Compete In Immuno-Oncology? [View article]
    Barry,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Plavix was already off patent during the 2nd half of 2012, which caused much of BMY's losses from 2011. Abilify will hurt when it comes off patent but with Foxiga and Eliquis both coming to the market, BMY should be able to make up for patent losses. I am writing an article about BMY's pipeline right now, which will cover this.
    Apr 16 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Bristol-Myers Squibb Compete In Immuno-Oncology? [View article]

I use the term immuno-oncology just as a combination of both areas of medicine. I know BMY uses it to refer to using the immune system to fight cancer and I am actually working on a report of BMY's pipeline right now. I did not feel that I could adequately cover both the pipeline and established products in 1 article.
    Apr 8 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb's Major Patent Expirations Weigh On Its Outlook [View article]
    Eliquis is their new oral anticoagulant they developed with Pfizer. Forxiga and Onglyza are split with AZ and Forxiga will be FDA approved soon (Already in EU). Anti-PD1 is also a big pipeline candidate and has done well thus far in the clinic.
    Mar 5 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I believe BMY has the pipeline to make up for and add to its current revenues by that time. Their HCV pipeline is still strong, Eliquis will bring in several billion by then, as will Forxiga. BMY has one if not the strongest pipeline in big pharma, but it will be a matter of brining these products to market.
    Mar 5 06:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bristol-Myers Squibb Is Not Overvalued [View article]
    I wouldn't currently call is a cheap stock either, but for long term and the potential I still like this I would revise my limit now to about $35 if I were to buy. It's a shame because I read all their reports and researched the pipeline, approved drugs etc. for the past year and a half but never pulled the trigger to buy. I was .50 away from a purchase and I am rather upset I didn't.
    Jan 29 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bristol-Myers Squibb Is Not Overvalued [View article]
    Consumer products can provide nice revenue streams, but if you look at JnJ's financials, the margins are not very good in that market anymore.
    Jan 26 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bristol-Myers Squibb Is Not Overvalued [View article]
    A huge factor will be the addition of Forxiga and Eliquis as explained previously. Several other potential blockbusters are in the pipeline, but if Forxiga is approved without a REMS, it has the potential to be the top selling diabetes drug in the US. The combination of weight loss and impressive reduction of serum glucose will certainly make it a blockbuster and potentially a $2 bln a year drug for BMY (Revenues split with AZ).
    Jan 25 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bristol-Myers Squibb Is Not Overvalued [View article]
    Abilify is not going to be a growth driver, but it is a strong revenue product for BMY. They have exclusivity until April 2015, so expect the revenue to stay around $2.8 bln annually. A new indication would be a good way to extend the patent, but I am not too familiar with any patent extending studies BMY may be conducting as they didn't divulge any information in their Q4 press releases.
    Jan 25 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bristol-Myers Squibb Is Not Overvalued [View article]
    Thank you for the nice comment, I would agree that in the long term BMY could reach 40-50, my 6 month target was in the 38 range (similar to Jeffries) but the long term potential with Forxiga, Eliquis, and the emergind Immuno-Oncology pipeline could certainy drive another $10-15 a share in a year or two.
    Jan 25 08:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bristol-Myers Squibb Is Not Overvalued [View article]
    The reason I don't personally have one is that it never hit my order limit. I had an order about 6 months back at $32.00 and it didn't dip into that range. I still really like this stock and see potential growth, but with the increase in PPS, I see it outside of my range to buy.
    Jan 24 06:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment