I am a value investor with a bent for quantitative analysis. I got my start as floor clerk as the CBOE. While I have moved on to other professional endeavors, I have retained my passion for markets. I became a SeekingAlpha contributor because the user and contributor bases are host to an immense diversity of opinions and talent sets.
Axioms to live by:
* "GAAP is crap". - Me
* "CAPM? More like CRAP-M!"
* "The Crapital Asset Pricing Novel" - Me
* "Post-Mortem Portfolio Theory " - Me
* "The WACC is whack! " (another knock on Modern Portfolio Theory) - Me
* "You have to understand the fundamentals first" - Aleks Chechkin
* "You want to know about charts? All ships at the bottom of the ocean had charts; look where that got 'em!" - Bill McMahon
* "If you spend more than 13 minutes analyzing economic and market forecasts, you've wasted 10 minutes." - Peter Lynch
* "The market can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent" - Keynes
* "The time to buy is when blood is in the streets" - Baron Rothschild
* "There is no such thing as a bad investment; just a bad price"
* "The solution for high (low) prices is high (low) prices"
* “You can’t compensate for risk by using a high discount rate.” - Warren Buffet, quoted at a 1998 Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting
* "It is better to be approximately right than precisely wrong" - Warren Buffett
* "There are two kinds of businesses: The first earns 12 percent, and you can take it out at the end of the year. The second earns 12 percent, but all the excess cash must be reinvested - there's never any cash. It reminds me of the guy who looks at all of his equipment and says, 'There's all of my profit.' We hate that kind of business." - Charlie Munger, Berkshire Hathaway 2013 Annual Meeting
* "You can observe a lot by just watching." - Yogi Berra