Biz Bluetree

View Biz Bluetree's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Physical Silver: How To Stack With Stealth [View article]
    Yes, HCW, manipulation is a "given", that's why it was purposely left out of this article along with silver scarcity, silver’s industrial uses, SLV, PSLV, precious metals IRAs, China and Russia, India, Germany, the Brics, naked shorts, after hours HFT, the Federal Reserve, margins, options, futures, confiscation, capital controls, quantitative easing, hyperinflation, tapering, bail outs, bail ins, criminal banks, a quadrillion dollars in derivatives, government shutdowns, debt ceiling debates, world reserve currency status, zero interest rates, treasury bonds, rising interest rates, JP Morgan, CFTC, FOMC, The Beard, Janet from another planet, helicopters or fiat currency in general - or its historic, abysmal track record. Nor did the article wax politic, which I'm proud to say.

Thanks for reading this piece and joining the thread.
    best,
    biz
    Nov 30 05:35 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Physical Silver: How To Stack With Stealth [View article]
    Thanks IT,

Interesting article. My take-away comes in the last paragraph...

"My long-term bias is that governments are seriously interested in inflation, and that gold is a solid asset for patient holders. Investors of that mindset who do not own gold may consider purchasing some now, given the impossibility of timing this or other markets."
    -DoctorRx

And to paraphrase him earlier on (he speaks of gold and silver in the same breath)
    Nov 30 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interesting Times For All Commodities And Investments!! Chapter 40...  [View instapost]
    Thank you John... and thanks for the above comment, too. Guys like you and me are clearly in the minority, but that's OK... everyone is entitled to their own opinion and far be it for me to try to convince anyone to do what I do or think what I think - or to defend myself from accusations based on truth or untruth. Reality is still a perception based phenomenon.

To extend your baseball metaphor, the next round of political theater in Jan & Feb could be strike three. Or the straw that breaks the camel's back - however you want to say it. All I can do is follow my own signs and what I'm seeing is when the rest of the world gives up on USD - it's game over in the land of the free. And even those holding PMs may not be safe if crippling capital controls are implemented. Godspeed, brother.

Best,
    biz
    Nov 30 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Tack, I realize it is political theater, and I make no investment decisions based on that tom foolery, but, and this is a BIG BUT,,, the rest of the world doesn't see it as theater - and last time I looked no body is rushing to buy US treasuries, that's why the Fed is going to find itself buying more and more of them - hence, no taper. The Chinese for instance is turning its US debt holdings into gold and other hard assets like buying (and over paying) for 1 Chase Plaza from JPM. They can't get rid of dollars and bonds fast enough.
    Nov 29 12:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, I'm not afraid to say I don't believe the Fed will taper, the wheels will come off, and if they begin they will soon reverse direction and throw more logs on the fire. IT, in that article you referenced on my thread... The author said they will taper next year unless a crisis of some sort happens (paraphrasing) ...what I don't hear many people talking about is the up coming debt ceiling debate and possible gov shut down in January/February '14.... If they revisit October with all the stubborn foolishness displayed last time - it could spell disaster. The world is fed up with US hegemony and recklessness. The FOMC meeting in March could be the most anticipated event to come down the pike in a long time.
    Nov 29 12:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Physical Silver: How To Stack With Stealth [View article]
    Thanks John,

And He sure put a hurtin on those money changers as it is reported.
    Thanks again for your time and contributions here.

Very best,
    biz
    Nov 29 12:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Physical Silver: How To Stack With Stealth [View article]
    IT, Thank you. After all it was something you said in a different thread that made me realize I needed to write this piece - thank you.
    And my first thought was to end with the line, "these are interesting times, indeed." But, alas the original line was forgotten by time I got to the actual close a week later.

So, back from the holiday and I'm pleasantly surprised to see this piece has attracted so much attention. Thanks for your support and to you and every one else for taking the time to read this long-ass piece, and thanks to all for taking the time to comment - well, almost all :-)

I enjoyed reading about agbug's dimes and the other folks "like" opinions. I appreciate Cameron reconfirming noc's question and must remind noc not to "sell" his silver before the time is right...

Thanks to CoinsK, John Williams and others...

*Also, for someone below: you can't make change for a 100 oz bar. Enough said.

*For someone else, I'll gladly trade you all my 2013 Washington quarters for all of your worn down pre 65s.

* And for the guys critical of silver, the act of stacking or this article in general - I disclaimed in the fourth paragraph: "If you're not interested in stacking silver and don't agree in an importance to do so, you may feel you've misspent your time reading here." Why did you continue reading?

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Thanks again for your time here - and be sure to visit "Interesting Times" blog to share your opinions about everything. What's that link again, IT?

Good luck to all. Very best going forward,
    biz
    Nov 29 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interesting Times For All Commodities And Investments!! Chapter 39....  [View instapost]
    Tack, I believe without doubt the CPI is manipulated lower BUT you are absolutely correct that the lower CPI helps the gov pay less in inflation adjustments to social security recipients.
    Nov 27 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "tell me how obsessing over the CPI numbers or any other data point , whether you believe are real or "contrived" has helped their investment performance over the past year or two or perhaps 5" .

Great point F&G, though you and I come from slightly different camps, I recognize your point as "spot on". Investors shouldn't obsess over any of these numbers - as well not weigh on every word muttered by the Fed.
    Nov 27 12:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nice dialogue you guys have going this morning. I'm compelled to add my 2 cents=

*Welcome Firehawk.

*Dr. Paul Craig Roberts has a lot of "on spot" things to say. I read him - or even better, listen to him every chance I get.

*We're going to have to see significant bank reform. This monetary system is killing our society as we know it.

*The fudged inflation rate already trumps the low interest rates on savings accounts. Money in the bank is already in trouble. The mattress makes more sense for savings because it puts your dough within your reach in case of bank holidays or ATM malfunction, but the dollar is still shrinking under the sheets.

*My new article (about to be published today) talks about "transferring paper to metals as an alternative savings account outside the banking system" --IT, it is the article you helped inspire... about what to stack and where to get it.

*Yes, all numbers are manipulated. All gov data is either dumbed down or pumped up to benefit a particular charade.
    Nov 27 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • On Traders And Ants [View article]
    "I believe there will be no taper, and IF there is… it will be reversed in short order."

..I concur.
    Nov 25 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    yes... ask the Saudis and Israel what they think. I did find Obamya's remarks interesting last night when he said - if after six months Iran does not comply we will re-implement the sanctions. Yeah right. And your health insurance policies that have been cancelled can now be reinstated for awhile.
    Nov 24 01:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    F&G,

Not debating here - just furthering the conversation. It is my opinion that most of the so called "noise" is only noise because so far it has been miss timed. I agree with the premiss of gold & silver ruling the markets, politics, currencies et al, one day, the only question that can't be answered is when. And, that said, I feel it near impossible to follow any of the fundamental indicators we all once were able to follow - as now nothing resembles normal - except the normalcy bias that keeps everyone simply going through everyday life unaware of what could "go seriously wrong" with the slightest of catalysts.

thanks, biz
    Nov 24 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    IT, It has been manipulated in earlier, interesting times. For instance, in 1965 the US gov and LBJ manipulated silver by removing it from our coins. The difference then - unlike now - is that it was not done secretively. LBJ is on record saying (paraphrased) There is not enough silver to continue using it in our coinage... A very short time later he said (to the American people) Don't even think about hoarding the (now discontinued) silver coins. We have plenty of silver on hand enough to influence the price if we see folks hoarding these coins. Paraphrased of course... but this is how I know it. I'll welcome anyone who knows that story more precisely to correct me if I misrepresented history or if I left something out..
    Nov 24 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    JW has his eyes open and is a voice of reason here. I'll leave it at that for I do not wish to write a book within the thread either. Thanks, JW. And thanks for the invite, IT.

Cheers all,