View Bleecker Street Research's Articles BY TICKER:
American Addiction Centers: Could Be Worse Than Expected, 50% Downside Possible
- AAC's business model is entirely reliant on high reimbursement from urine testing, which is coming under pressure.
- The company has told analysts that it is already seeing reimbursement pressure in California and Florida, but never disclosed that on the call.
- AAC's valuation compared to a major competitor and the companies it is acquiring is vastly out of line.
- The largest player in the addiction center field was just acquired at a multiple that suggests 50% downside for AAC.
American Addiction Centers: Addicted To Fraudulent Drug Testing?
- According to channel checks, AAC performs urine drug tests 6-12x more than necessary, contributing to outsized margins.
- AAC is already subject to a lawsuit in New Jersey brought by Blue Cross Blue Shield alleging fraudulent drug testing.
- In Florida, where AAC has 51% of their total beds, the FBI has begun raiding addiction centers that appear to be engaging in similar activities as AAC.
- AAC acquired a revenue management company from the CEO and president's spouses and then lowered their provision for doubtful accounts, boosting net income before the IPO.
- A large lock-up will come free at the end of March in four weeks, resulting in the float quadrupling and likely weighing on the share price.
Cellceutix: Why An Uplisting Is Not Possible Right Now
- Cellceutix has been saying it will uplist to a major exchange for almost two years.
- The company does not meet the Corporate Governance requirements to uplist.
- CTIX admits in its 10-K that it will be "extremely difficult" for it to do the things required for an uplisting.
Cellceutix: A December To Remember May Turn Into A 2015 To Forget For CTIX
- CTIX has made numerous misleading statements in the past.
- CTIX has been promoted by an unregulated Swedish entity.
- CTIX is burning around $5M cash per quarter and only has $7M in cash on hand from the most recent quarter.
NeoStem: Changing The Goalposts Midgame And A Potentially Biased Analyst
- NBS recently ran-up in front of expected Phase 2 data.
- NBS failed its primary endpoint, but changed the endpoint mid-trial.
- Maxim analyst Jason Kolbert who has a buy on the stock was previously employed by NBS and may own shares.
Vimicro: Numerous Red Flags Make This A Strong Sell
- VIMC share price has risen over 200% because of misleading press releases.
- VIMC management has $.19 options which vest in the coming weeks.
- VIMC management has been registering millions of dollars worth of stock to sell.
- Numerous other red flags covered in the article.
China Finance Online: This Did Not End Well Last Time
- This is not the first time JRJC has gone up on the news of a partnership.
- In October 2007 the stock traded almost exactly the same, and the stock declined substantially after that.
- The stock is trading similar to PLUG in March, and that stock has declined almost 50% since then.
- If history is correct, then JRJC would have already pre-announced earnings if they were positive.
China Finance Online: Shares Soar On Over-Hyped Deal, More Questions Than Answers
- JRJC recently had an announcement that sent shares soaring.
- JRJC claims to be the first web-based security, however, Tencent has beat JRJC to the punch.
- JRJC's conference call was light on details about the platform, and management was unable to answer basic questions.
Galectin Therapeutics: Why This Penny Stock Dressed Up By Stock Promoters Is A Short
- GALT has strong ties to multiple stock promoters.
- Insiders have been selling the stock in the midst of a campaign to promote the stock to retail investors and retirees.
- Since becoming GALT in 2011, GALT has never spent more on R&D than on G&A.
China XD Plastics: When The Numbers Don't Add Up, There's Over 80% Downside
- CXDC reports substantially margins higher than its main competitor, yet spends much less on R&D.
Bulls Should Open Their Eyes And See The Real GlassesOff
- GlassesOff is an intriguing concept, but expectations are currently too high.
- With revenue of only $29k against a $70 million market cap, GlassesOff is an attractive short.
- GlassesOff will have trouble growing revenue, since its product is going up in price and there are cheaper options.
Research Frontiers: Shares Could Fall Substantially If Sky-High Expectations Are Not Met
- Research Frontiers has a long history of failing to deliver.
- Since 2001 Research Frontiers has issued more shares than generated dollars in revenue.
- Shares could fall 75%-95% if expectations are not met.
Promoted Viggle Is A Short: Why Shares Could Fall Over 60%
- Viggle has been promoted by Small Cap Street, which also promoted PVCT.
- Viggle user growth is already slowing, and it is disclosing fewer engagement metrics.
- Viggle lost $96 Million in 2012 and lost $92 million in 2013. It will have difficulty turning this around.
- CEO Sillerman's track record with publicly traded companies is poor.
- There is currently 40-66% downside in Viggle shares, and it is an attractive short.
LiveDeal: Up 100% Today, But Running Out Of Tricks
- LiveDeal is up 100% today (Friday).
- This follows a bullish press release after announcing a dilutive secondary.
- CEO Jon Isaac sounds less bullish now than he did before.
Why Retrophin Makes Me Uncomfortable
- RTRX is a biotech company led by CEO Martin Shkreli.
- It is an M&A focused company that relies on a high stock price to do deals.
- While the strategy may suceed, there are numerous risks.
- LiveDeal: 75% Downside This Time, The Thesis Is The Same
- LiveDeal.com Is Not Generating Any Revenue
- LiveDeal: Are Restaurants Actually Using It? And Other New Information
- LiveDeal: 50% Downside Possible In This Promoted Stock
- Puget Technologies: It's Not A 3D Printing Stock
- A Comprehensive Review Of Pizza Inn
- Zero Hedge Is Wrong About Gold
- Nutranomics: CEO Resume Issues And A Promoted Stock That Will Crash
- China Nepstar: Now Is The Time To Buy, Upside Ahead
- China Information Technology: Numerous Red Flags Surround This Company
- Pricing Is The Problem At Panera
- Misunderstood Business And Red Flags Make RealBiz Media A Short
- Ku6 Media: A Potentially Lucrative Chinese Media Play
- VisionChina Media: No Fundamental Reason For This Rally
- China Sunergy - Gravity Will Eventually Return After This Run-Up
- FAB Universal: This Could Be A Fad
- China HGS Real Estate: Potentially A Chinese House Of Cards