Bleecker Street Research

View Bleecker Street Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • China Finance Online: Shares Soar On Over-Hyped Deal, More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    I don't think this company is a fraud, if I did I would have said it. The 20-F says that stockstar.com and jrj.com have the same content.
    Aug 20 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Notice how I said "articles focussing on one stock only, that is how others on this site have calculated performance numbers. To answer your question though, here are the returns from my two articles on three stocks to short in 2013. The stocks covered were: BBRY (then RIMM), PNRA, HGG, PBI, OFC, and BBY.
    BBRY, Down 42%
    PNRA, Down 6%
    HGG, Down 6%
    PBI, Up 105% (ouch)
    OFC, Up 8%
    BBY, Up 83% (ouch)

As I said in the previous comment I was only counting articles that were short calls on one stock. That being said, you should not judge JRJC based on four calls that didn't work, just like you should not judge it based on 30 calls that were correct.
    Aug 20 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Humble Eagles, just for grins, since I keep a spreadsheet of the returns, here is how each short recommendation for a single stock has performed.

POLR, Down 99%
    OFC, Up 6%
    GTY, Down 10%
    RFP, Up 17%
    OCTX, Down 18%
    BLGX, Down 99% (Delisted)
    NEM, Down 8%
    SOUL, Down 98%
    BLUF, Down 99%
    ESC, Up 43% (acquired, ouch)
    UGHS, Down 85%
    RTRX, Down 40%
    VGGL, Down 50%
    REFR, Down 16%
    GLSO, Down 44%
    CXDC, Down 28%
    GALT, Down 68%.

I have gotten some right and some wrong. Just thought I'd post that so you don't have to go back and look through the older articles if you want to verify my track record. PS, many of my best shorts did not work right away. I'm patient.
    Aug 20 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apptigo: The Jig Is Up, The Same 'Sexy' Pump And Dump Story With A Different App [View article]
    Excellent article. I was writing on this one as well, guess I won't have to now. Good work.
    Aug 15 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galectin Therapeutics: Why This Penny Stock Dressed Up By Stock Promoters Is A Short [View article]
    Should you promote your stock to retail investors, paying pump and dump shops to drive the stock price up while you sell into that pump? Your call
    Aug 6 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This article did not cause today's 55% drop. Read this, this is why the stock is down so much today.
    Jul 29 12:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Being long a put is not the same as being short a stock. They have different r/r profiles. I understand what a put is. I rarely short the stock of biotechs, if I am bearish I believe it is much safer to buy puts (as your downside is capped). Thanks for reading.
    Jul 29 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the compliment. It's appreciated
    Jul 29 10:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's dropped a little bit more than that right now
    Jul 29 09:24 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    To hire a PR firm is not bad. To hire a PR firm with the explicit goal of targeting retail investors and retirees and increasing the stock price, well that is another story.
    Jul 28 08:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    One of the firms that initiated coverage (MLV & Co.) on it also lead the offering/ ATM so no conflict of interest there either.
    Jul 28 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi, sorry about that. I have submitted an update to the article. But they have filed for a $100 million secondary on the back of that promotional campaign
    Jul 28 10:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Research Frontiers: Shares Could Fall Substantially If Sky-High Expectations Are Not Met [View article]
    I am not affiliated with Manuel Asensio. I did read his book though, was a good read. What I addressed in the article was "fee income" ie if the product was going to be adopted on a widespread basis, wouldn't it have happened by now?
    Jul 27 05:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    namenottaken, what would you like me to address? I will address it.
    Jul 26 11:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics: When The Numbers Don't Add Up, There's Over 80% Downside [View article]
    Just to point something out here, but it appears you were or have been speaking to the IR Manager "Sandy Qin." That is not the CFO. IR generally has less insight into what is actually going on within the company than the CFO. It appears that you haven't been speaking with the CFO.
    Jul 24 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment