View as an RSS Feed
View Bob Kirtley's Articles BY TICKER:
Monetary Policy Weighs On Precious Metals
- Gold has an inverse relationship with the US dollar so when the dollar declines gold rises.
- The two most important points to come out of today’s meeting were firstly that the tapering of QE would continue and interest rates may rise earlier then expected.
- We are now of the opinion that gold will trade lower and re-test the $1180/oz level, silver; if it breaks below $18.00/oz, would experience a drop to $15.00 level.
- Money printing, political turmoil, terrorism, protests, demonstrations, riots, separatism, sanctions, air strikes, etc., have done nothing for the precious metals sector of late.
Gold: The Thin End Of The Wedge
- As optimists we can argue that the summer doldrums arrived to take the steam out of the market and that better times lie ahead.
- The pessimists suggest that gold is struggling to gain traction and will head lower in the near future.
- New record highs this year are just too big an 'ask' so go gently if you intend to buy gold, silver or the associated stocks in the near future.
Gold's Advance Is Being Capped By The Dead Cat Dollar's Recovery
- 2013 was a disastrous year for gold as it ended the year at around $1200/oz.
- Can gold maintain this level of progress in the second half of 2014 and finish at say $1400/oz plus or will it re-test of the low of $1180?
- What we thought was a Dead Cat Dollar is alive and still kicking.
- In terms of timing; the summer doldrums looked to have been by-passed, but the last few weeks has seen this sector start to rollover.
Will Import Taxes On Solar Panels Hamper Silver's Ability To Rally?
- Investors are disillusioned by the inability of silver prices to rise to higher ground.
- Today, we will look at one of the factors which we think is important - the imposition of import duties on solar panels.
- 100 million ounces of silver are projected for use by solar energy in 2015.
The Effect Of Monetary Policy On Gold Prices
- If on Thursday the ECB do reduce rates then the Euro could fall exerting upward pressure on the dollar which would be negative for gold.
- We can look to the summer doldrums or ‘sell May and go away’ investors to account for gold's fall but the truth is that this tiny sector is in decline.
- The NFP numbers and the actions of the ECB will make for a volatile end to this week.
Gold Prices: The Coming End To This Bear Phase
- It’s been almost 30 months since the gold bull hit the dizzy heights of $1900/oz back in August 2011, sending many of us into raptures.
- Many believe that the bottom is now in and the bull has resumed charge, with the bears being exhausted.
- We would like to agree with them but we are still of the opinion that a challenge to the June lows could still lie ahead of us.
Gold, Silver And The Mining Sector: Prepare For A Severe Fall
- China and India remain huge purchasers of physical gold.
- Mints around the world occasionally run out of coins and bars, and are unable to meet demand.
- As logical and sensible as these arguments are, the fact remains that gold and silver are not heading to the moon just yet.
- The Federal Reserve, Janet Yellen, QE And Gold
- The Dead Cat Dollar Outperforms Gold, Silver And The HUI
- The HUI Has Penetrated Its June Lows, Gold And Silver To Follow
- Gold, Silver And The Mining Sector Have Not Bottomed Yet
- The U.S. Dollar, The Euro And Their Influence On Gold Prices
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited: One For The Future
- Gold Prices Still Dependent On The U.S. Dollar
- Silver's Summer Rally Fizzles Out
- The Federal Reserve Surprises With 'No Taper' Announcement
- Gold Mining Rally Or Bear Trap For Investors
- The U.S. Dollar Outperforms Gold, Silver And The HUI So Far In 2013
- Possible Devaluation Of The Euro Casts A Shadow Over Gold's Future
- Silver: A Bulls' Game Of Patience
- A Dead Cat Bounce For Gold Prices
- Gold Prices To Re-Test $1,350
- A U.S. Dollar Retreat Could Ignite The Precious Metals Market
- Some Political Considerations For Silver Prices
- Gold And The U.S. Dollar
- Is 2013 The Year For Gold Stocks?
- Junior Gold Mining Sector: Distress For Investors?
- Gold Prices Experience A 'V' Shaped Bounce
- Gold And Silver Prices Set To Rocket To Higher Ground
- Fresnillo PLC: An Investment For The Long Term
- Randgold Resources Heading Towards The Buy Zone
- The Long Case For Silver Remains Intact