Bob Lang

View Bob Lang's Comments BY TICKER:

• 'Time' for Some Economic Perspective [View article]
    Zooey...thanks for your wishes. FYI, I don't wish harm to anyone or any group, I just call em as I see em. I know what I said, and if you can't understand it, you have my condolences.
    Sep 3, 2008. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Time' for Some Economic Perspective [View article]
    CLH...and what have you contributed to the discussion? You clearly have said NOTHING. I try to make readers ponder about situations and think a bit for themselves, but I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you that, right?
    Sep 3, 2008. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will the Markets Head South? [View article]
    sure, you can put any spin you want on it. But if you trade short term options as I do, weekly charts are not clear enough. This is a choppy environment, and any weekly chart will verify that. You tell me what direction the market is headed using weekly charts...from my perch we're heading lower...mkts below the 200 WEEK ma is not bullish.
    Aug 21, 2008. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Can Take Losses, You're Not a Losing Trader [View article]
    What do u think, Kurt? Did you read the title of the article I wrote? It's about taking losses....I should hope you know how to book winners, too...if not, you won't be around too long. Let's put it this way...if you don't sell your winners, at least some of the're a loser!

How's that?
    Aug 1, 2008. 12:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Will Mr. Market Respond to Fed Rate Hikes? [View article]
    Oh, is that true? And Greenspan raised rates back in 1999 for what reason? What was inflation like back then? The economy was humming along just fine, thank you. Yet the mkt continued to go higher with each rate hike. The MO for the Fed the last 4-6 months has been on growth...when that occurs, we'll see the rate hikes soon as the aug meeting.
    Jun 16, 2008. 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Just What Was in Those Fed Minutes Anyway? [View article]
    I'm very real...the relationship between short term/long term yields creates an upward slope left to right. Tell me, are Merrill and Goldman (sic) the Fed? Are their predictions EXACT? I'd say not, and I'd rather watch the futures market for an indicator of what the market believes, because the market is ALWAYS right...wouldn't you agree? You can find the fed funds futures right here at

A little knowledge is a powerful thing...I suppose you'll have to figure out how to read this table, but suffice to say the futures market is NOT looking for rates below 2%. Can the Fed really do this with inflation in our economy?

thx, Bob

May 24, 2008. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yahoo - You Could Have Been King [View article]
    thx, Carlivar....clearly the wrong move was buying overture and not investing in a better method (algorithm). Overture was still a paid search company. Google was indeed getting rolling back when this acquisition took place, look back at your history if you don't believe me.

What's wrong with looking at an historical perspective of mistakes? If these things were so apparently easy, why didn't they execute?
    May 7, 2008. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment