View as an RSS Feed
- The Timing Is About Right For King Dollar
Mon, Sep. 8 • 25 Comments
The Fed's Vice Chairman, Stanley Fischer, States The Obvious And Creates A Buzz
Tue, Aug. 12 • 2 Comments
Our International Trade Deficit - Down This Month, Up This Year
Wed, Aug. 6 • Comment!
- A graph of the U.S. international trade deficit in goods and services over the past two years by the Bureau of Economic Analysis shows no discernible change.
- The surrounding commentary says that the deficit actually increased by $5 billion from June 2013 to June 2014.
- Any lasting divergence between exports and imports would be corrected in part by internal economic adjustments and in part by small changes in the exchange rate.
Go Economy Go!
Thu, Jul. 3 • 7 Comments
- The Ted Spread
- How The Fed Fuels The Coming Inflation
- Wage Inflation?
A Good GDP Trade-Off: Net Exports Up; Government Spending Down
Mon, Feb. 3 • Comment!
Rethinking Quantitative Easing
Nov. 14, 2013 • 26 Comments
Third Quarter GDP - Less Than Meets The Eye
Nov. 11, 2013 • Comment!
- Bank Reserves: A Hot Potato
Foreign Trade's Impact On GDP
May. 6, 2013 • 1 Comment
Real GDP Up / Real Final Sales Down: Was the Economy Stronger Or Weaker In Q1?
Apr. 29, 2013 • 2 Comments
- Falling Inflation Takes Gold Down With It
- The Fed Has Not Been Printing Boatloads Of Money
- Fed Profits And Treasury Financing: The Good And The Bad
More Important For Monetary Policy: The Growth Of The Fed's Balance Sheet Or Its Level?
Jan. 7, 2013 • 7 Comments
Allow Interest Rates To Rise While Keeping Monetary Policy Accommodative
Jan. 4, 2013 • 14 Comments
- The Third-Quarter GDP Revisions - Better, But Not By Much
- Where's The Inflation?
- 'When Money Dies': Moderation The Key To Money Printing
- The Euro's 'Dutch Disease'
Q1's 2.2% GDP Stronger Than Q4's 3.0%
Apr. 27, 2012 • 3 Comments
Fighting Debt with Debt
Mar. 5, 2012 • 6 Comments
FOMC Communication Gets Curiouser And Curiouser
Jan. 23, 2012 • 2 Comments
- Through The FOMC's Looking Glass: An Orgy Of Transparency
- Is The Dollar Weak Or Strong?
- FOMC Forecasting Is Like Making Sausages
- The Surge In Money Growth: Meaningful Or Meaningless?
Jackson Hole Blues
Aug. 25, 2011 • 2 Comments
The Money Supply Logjam May Finally Be Loosening
Jul. 28, 2011 • 4 Comments