Current Monetary Policy: A Keynesian Distortion
Thu, Feb. 19 • 4 Comments
- Inflation Targeting Or Deflation Avoidance?
- A Strong Dollar Doesn't Attract Foreign Capital - Expectation Of A Stronger Dollar Does
Fourth Quarter GDP Reverts To The Weak New Norm
Sun, Feb. 1 • 3 Comments
- Is A Strong Dollar A Good Thing Or A Bad Thing?
- Rolexes Just Got More Expensive - Or, You Can't Keep A Good Currency Down
5% Growth - Wow!
Dec. 24, 2014 • 5 Comments
- Reserves Won't Save The Russian Ruble
Productivity Is Key For Good Economic Performance
Dec. 9, 2014 • Comment!
- Currency Confusion
- The Timing Is About Right For King Dollar
Sep. 8, 2014 • 25 Comments
The Fed's Vice Chairman, Stanley Fischer, States The Obvious And Creates A Buzz
Aug. 12, 2014 • 2 Comments
Our International Trade Deficit - Down This Month, Up This Year
Aug. 6, 2014 • Comment!
- A graph of the U.S. international trade deficit in goods and services over the past two years by the Bureau of Economic Analysis shows no discernible change.
- The surrounding commentary says that the deficit actually increased by $5 billion from June 2013 to June 2014.
- Any lasting divergence between exports and imports would be corrected in part by internal economic adjustments and in part by small changes in the exchange rate.
Go Economy Go!
Jul. 3, 2014 • 7 Comments
- The Ted Spread
- How The Fed Fuels The Coming Inflation
- Wage Inflation?
A Good GDP Trade-Off: Net Exports Up; Government Spending Down
Feb. 3, 2014 • Comment!
Rethinking Quantitative Easing
Nov. 14, 2013 • 26 Comments
Third Quarter GDP - Less Than Meets The Eye
Nov. 11, 2013 • Comment!
- Bank Reserves: A Hot Potato
Foreign Trade's Impact On GDP
May. 6, 2013 • 1 Comment
Real GDP Up / Real Final Sales Down: Was the Economy Stronger Or Weaker In Q1?
Apr. 29, 2013 • 2 Comments
- Falling Inflation Takes Gold Down With It
- The Fed Has Not Been Printing Boatloads Of Money
- Fed Profits And Treasury Financing: The Good And The Bad
More Important For Monetary Policy: The Growth Of The Fed's Balance Sheet Or Its Level?
Jan. 7, 2013 • 7 Comments
Allow Interest Rates To Rise While Keeping Monetary Policy Accommodative
Jan. 4, 2013 • 14 Comments
- The Third-Quarter GDP Revisions - Better, But Not By Much
- Where's The Inflation?
- 'When Money Dies': Moderation The Key To Money Printing