Bob Wells

View Bob Wells' Comments BY TICKER:
    StockMike

From what I understand there are tax implications when you exceed $1500 in UBTI in a non-taxable account.

Hope others with more experience will chime in.

May 7, 2014. 08:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bob...

It is a challenge particularly for those building distribution phase portfolios from the ground up over the past few years.

May 7, 2014. 08:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Joni...

I look forward to your further thoughts on the subject.

May 7, 2014. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    smurf....

It be young again! HA! Consider it early preparation for RMD.

May 7, 2014. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dave

Great to hear from you with your spin on "low conviction" positions. Sound advice.

I always learn so much by opening up my thought process and letting folks inside. Particularly when they play nice and clean up after there selves.

Take care
    May 7, 2014. 08:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike

After the strong recomendation from BoomBoom, You and Faye, I'm thinking
    menage de trois instead of mini-ETF. HA!

May 7, 2014. 04:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bfried

Thanks for the kind words. I put PPL on the list only because of its "frozen angel" status and low dividend growth. It's credit is BBB equal to investment grade.

I'm far more likely to trim than sell.

Take care
    May 7, 2014. 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Craig...

Thanks for the additional information. I try to follow your advice regarding weight of any metric.

May 7, 2014. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BoomBoom...

I thought the same thing. Fastgraphs however shows reductions of -19% and -13% in 2008 for BMO and BNS. Love to hear directly from someone that owned them in 2008.
    May 7, 2014. 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Craig...

Some great suggestions. The comments from this article have real helped fashion my thinking moving forward. I ready now to consider MSFT as a high conviction position and add slowly to my position on pullbacks. The tight sell/stop might also help build confidence.

Take care and thanks
    May 7, 2014. 01:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    eppf

DD could make a solid choice. Under my yield requirement unfortunately.

May 7, 2014. 12:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BoomBoom

Thanks for chiming in...Just checked 3 year DGR on each. Very revealing. Which do you favor and why? I need to study these more before make final changes.

Take care and again thanks
    May 7, 2014. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bill

Sounds like a solid approach. Nice to hear about a positive O meeting.

Thanks
    May 7, 2014. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PTI

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed your latest. I'm honored to be considered one of your teachers. Great comment section.

Right now I leaning to do just what you suggest with BBEP and VNR. Hold and trim when a need cash and enjoy the monthly dividends until I do.

Take care
    May 7, 2014. 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Same problem emac

I have full 2% positions in all of my high convention positions that are fair or better valued and yielding 4 or more percent.

May 7, 2014. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment