Bob Wells

View Bob Wells' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    Thanks Rich. Hope all is well in your world.

Mar 24, 2015. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    UP

Solid.

I'm getting a bit like chowder and Lowell Miller when it comes to investment grade credit. I think the longer the bull runs the more important it is for all of us to make this an important consideration.

Mar 24, 2015. 09:26 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Investors Could Withdraw More Than 4% Of Their Portfolio [View article]
    Eli

Bold article on a subject not often discussed. Another subject not often discussed is that retirement spending is not always consistent nor in my opinion should it me.

I am currently retired and expect to spend more during the next ten years than the ten years which will follow paying for things like sponsored family vacations and international travel. In that spirit I plan to do just what you suggest.

My kids are all in their 30's with young families. They are spread apart geographically. Supporting their ability to get together is what retirement savings is all about.

Thanks
    Mar 24, 2015. 09:19 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    golfer....

CAT could never likely be a core stock. I think there will come a time to buy with an eye in my case toward selling later and redeploying the gains.

Mar 24, 2015. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    UP

"So I am game for anything with 7+ years of dividend growth". How about making that anything with 7+ years of DG and investment grade credit?

Mar 24, 2015. 07:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bear Claws My Dividend Growth Portfolio - Will I Cut And Run? [View article]
    Chowder

Thanks for bring this up. So many folks don't know you can do this. I never did. It was never mentioned as an option at any of the work sponsored investment seminars for either my wife or myself.

Mar 23, 2015. 05:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jtt/rose

Coverdells do offer better choice including individual stocks with one limitation. You can only add up to $2000 a year. One important thing about state run 529's. You don't need residence in the state to purchase. Some states are good, some states are ugly.

Mar 23, 2015. 05:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chowder

Well stated. That research made a believer out of me as you say they will hold the line a lot longer than those that don't. MTD....Manage the downside...Love it!

Mar 23, 2015. 05:48 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    Brodidliy 1

I used CAT more to illustrate a process for evaluating Contenders as future candidates for purchase. It's one of many stocks I might consider for purchase.

I should have explained that when I said margin of safety, I was speaking about income from the dividend. Hard for me to consider an industrial that doesn't yield around 4% at purchase because of their cyclical nature. This is a subject each person needs to consider personally.

You mention "too many options". What are a few we might consider?

Take care
    Mar 23, 2015. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    Keith

If I limit myself to anything its Investment Grade Credit of at least BBB, prefer higher.

Take care
    Mar 23, 2015. 05:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    George,

i appreciate you stopping by. Whether it income for today or tomorrow I believe Contenders deserve to be a part of every income investors portfolio.

Take care
    Mar 23, 2015. 05:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    Butterfly Seeker...

I've been spending more time on future explorations of late. Plan to have more coming up.

Mar 23, 2015. 05:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    Golfer

I knew a focus on CAT might stir things up a bit.

Mar 23, 2015. 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    peace 2 u

That's a great question! I guess I would have more confidence moving forward
    with a company with a strong history of buybacks and a low payout ratio.

Mar 23, 2015. 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Contenders The Real Champions? [View article]
    Thanks minor. It's important to keep learning.

Mar 23, 2015. 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment