Bob Wells

View Bob Wells' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Can A Successful Dividend Portfolio Be Assembled In 2014? Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks you Miz

Loved your latest. VGR is now on my watch list.

Aug 28 05:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Pen

I do exactly the same thing, trying to make sure these adjustments don't effect monthly income.

Aug 28 05:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    emac

i look forward to learning what you find. With MLP's and REITs its likely the age of the business but utilities I'm not so sure. Would be interesting to find out how many suffer pre-2002 dividend cuts and why?

Aug 28 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    miss

I look at my low conviction position the same way as a kind of back door cash account to use when stocks I really want come available.

Aug 28 02:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Blue

Only on those rare occasions were I decide to sell. Don't want to lose income. Often sell a few weeks after the dividend is paid.

How do others handle this?

Aug 28 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BHN

We couldn't agree more.

Aug 28 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    NMC

Thanks for commenting. There's a lot about DGI that as you suggest passes the common sense test.

Aug 28 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mbn

I'll admit to being a bit surprised at how few dividend champions yielding 2.75% or more currently pass the chowder rule for purchase.

When I look at my own portfolio I find I own a lot more Contenders....the Champions of tomorrow.

Take care
    Aug 28 08:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investors, Prepare To Boost Your Returns [View article]
    Marty

The problem for me is that Dale/Cranky has been shouting the same warning for more than three years. There were quite a few undervalued DG three years ago. Many DG stocks have endured the 2002 and 2008/9 Bear markets and out performed rather than under performed. There is usually a run to safety particularly with fund managers that have to be fully invested.

I agree with Rich that Index holders are more likely to panic due in part to higher beta and holding so many dividend cutters from previous bear markets. None of us can know for sure what will happen and how investors will react but singling out DGI as the group that will run for the hills is frankly getting a bit old.

Aug 27 06:26 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Golfer

Not quite ready yet to turn this thing into buy and hold. Having too much fun.

Aug 27 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Marty

Take care
    Aug 27 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rogelio

Sometimes patience proves the right path.

Aug 27 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    emac

Thanks for sharing your journey with all. Much food for thought.

Aug 27 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    joni

Just looked it up on both. BTW, morningstar shows it undervalued.

Aug 27 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment