Boris Marjanovic

View Boris Marjanovic's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    People said the same things about videotapes.......nobody uses them today!
    Aug 23 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    DVDs are going away, don't be delusional. Streaming quality will improve over time.
    Aug 23 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why I'm Short Tesla [View article]
    I like Tesla, I like the idea of building electric cars (helping save our environment), and I even like the CEO. However, there is an old saying: "a horse that can count to ten is a remarkable horse, not a remarkable mathematician." Likewise, a car company like Tesla is a remarkable car company, not a remarkable business. This is because no matter what Tesla does, it will always be a very capital intensive business (in other words, will never be very profitable). The current valuation is simply ridiculous and will make the stock a poor long-term investment.
    Aug 21 01:42 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    Depending on how many movies you watch per month, pay-per-view might be cheaper than a Netflix subscription.
    Aug 20 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Has A Revenue Problem [View article]
    That's why Ben Graham came up with something called "margin of safety." He knew that we could never precisely predict the future, that's why we should try and buy a stock when it's extremely cheap, so even if the growth is not what we expected it to be, we still make money. It's a very simple concept.

Bill, I'm not criticizing you in any way, I actually think you are a pretty smart guy. However, why do you think that most great investors (like Buffett) don't care about analyst estimates? Because if you truly understand a business, you don't need some analyst with an excel spreadsheet to tell you how fast it will grow or what it’s worth.
    Aug 12 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Has A Revenue Problem [View article]
    I never understood why people cared so much if a company missed, met or exceeded analyst estimates during a certain quarter. Every great business misses estimates and still turns out to be a great investment if you buy it at the right price and are patient.
    Aug 12 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    The problem for most people is that they still must wait months before a new movie is released on something like DVD and Blue-ray, or on a streaming websites like Netflix. If you want to watch it on cable, well then you might have to wait more than a year. Our society is becoming increasingly impatient. They want everything now! So, this is perhaps the reason they choose the illegal options sometimes. Also, you mentioned that piracy is not a problem for music producers. This might be true; however, it is definitely a problem when it comes to movies. Movies are enormously expensive to produce (some cost more than $100 million). Streaming these movies for free, without paying for it, can be a huge problem. In fact, some of these movies are so expensive that they don't make all of their money back in theaters, and depend on DVD's, Blue-ray's, etc. to get their money back.
    Aug 10 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    Everything you said is 100% correct! People don't want to wait months before they can watch a new movie. That's why so many resort to streaming movies online for free (even though it’s illegal). DVD's and Blu-ray's are old fashioned like you mentioned, and they will most likely disappear within the next decade. This will only make online piracy more prevalent.
    Aug 9 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    It is just a username I created a long time ago because I thought it was funny. If you check my history, you will see that I have written many articles under the same username. I am not trying to hide by being anonymous. I do plan on shorting the stock (using put options), but have most of my money tied up in other investment right now.
    Aug 9 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    Yes, I do agree that everyone here acts like they are lawyers.
    Aug 9 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    I have seen websites such as these shut down by the authorities. So, even though these websites don't directly own the content (instead just provide links to the content on other websites) they are still breaking the law.

Also, I have noticed that these websites are never down for long. Most of the time after they are shut down, they are back up within days (with a slightly different website name). They are literally impossible to stop! This is a major problem, which is what I was trying to say the whole time.
    Aug 8 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    I clearly state in my article that the free websites should be reported to the federal authorities. They are obviously illegal, but the government is doing little to stop them. My article just attempted to prove how people are streaming these movies, it was never intended to encourage people to use these websites. If anything, I should be rewarded for exposing these websites to readers/investors.
    Aug 8 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    They use straight line according to the footnotes. They are not differing amortization expense. It’s just that back in 2010 and 2011, Netflix acquired such an enormous amount of content (many time more than ever before in its history) that amortization expense (which is recognized over several years) was not even close to the actual cash spent to pay for that content. It also helped that Netflix was at that time growing revenues extremely fast which resulted in very impressive net income numbers. However, recently the growth rate has slowed down, and the amount of content the company is purchasing has somewhat stabilized. This will allow amortization expense to eventually catch up with the actual cash outlay for content (causing net income to continue deteriorating).
    Aug 8 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    The websites work but they do take a little getting used to. I never suggested anywhere in my article that people should stop using Netflix and switch to free streaming. What these free websites are doing is obviously illegal; however, free streaming is a growing trend that will be a major problem for companies such as Netflix.
    Aug 8 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Major Red Flags To Consider Before Buying [View article]
    I had that disclaimer but people never read my whole article. They read the first few sentences and then make comments. I never recommended that people do anything illegal. The whole point was to show how easy it is for people to illegally stream movies online. This is definitely competition for companies such as Netflix because it does not require you to pay anything. This is a growing trend and it will make it more difficult for Netflix to continue growing and capturing market share.
    Aug 7 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment