View as an RSS Feed
View Brad Kenagy's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAP, AAPL, ADT, AGCO, AOM, BRF, BRK.A, BRK.B, CECE, CL, COL, COO, CVS, CVX, DD, DIA, DOX, FDX, FFIV, FL, FTA, GOOG, HACK, HIMX, HLS, HYXU, IEP, IGT, INTC, JCP, LNDC, MCD, MMM, MRC, MSFT, NCI, NQ, OAS, ORCL, PCLN, PEP, PETM, PLW, PRN, PSCE, QCOM, RAVI, RCI, SENR, SHLD, SODA, SPY, STM, SWI, TGH, UBNT, UNP, URI, VMI, WFM, WYDE
Best Of Breed Part 1: Technology And Utilities
- I look at the holdings of the Technology SPDR and the Utilities SPDR to find the "best-of-breed" stock in each sector.
- I combined fundamentals, corporate governance, and CEO approval to determine the best stock in each sector.
- The two stocks I determined were "best-of-breed" have outperformed their respective sectors and have shown strong dividend growth.
A New Way To Value Stocks: Cycle DCF
- I created a modified DCF called the Cycle DCF to account for variable growth for different business cycles.
- By accounting for variable growth during business cycles I believe the Cycle DCF more accurately estimates the fair value for a company.
- In this article I use Apple as my example to show the difference in value between my Cycle DCF and a regular DCF.
Strategic Environmental & Energy Resources: A High Growth Waste Management Company With Long-Term Upside
- Strategic Environmental & Energy Resources is an under-followed micro-cap company, which has a group of businesses that are disrupting the waste management industry.
- Strategic Environmental & Energy Resources is on the verge of profitability with the launch of new waste destruction systems from its Paragon Waste Solutions subsidiary.
- Based on my estimates, Strategic Environmental & Energy Resources could see potential upside of 43% to 117% by 2016.
Bubble Watching In The S&P 500 Using Sector SPDR ETFs
- I examine the Sector SPDR ETFs to gain insight into past market bubbles.
- Based on my data, past bubbles are easy to spot.
- Based on historical weightings data, there may be a bubble in Biotechnology.
Colgate-Palmolive: My Definition Of A Quality Stock
- I use seven factors I believe make up a quality stock to screen for stocks that posses all those factors.
- To screen for stocks, I looked for common holdings of select ETFs, along with other selected data.
- Colgate-Palmolive was the only company that met all seven of my criteria for being a quality stock.
The One Growth Stock To Own In A Declining Market
- I chose to search for growth stocks rather than defensive stocks that are usually focused on during market declines.
- Combining the holdings of multiple ETFs to find common holdings is a simple way to screen for stocks.
- I focused on three factors in my search: Growth, Capital Strength, and Dividend Growth.
My CNBC ETF Portfolio One-Year Review
- I detail the performance of my ETF portfolio I created in response to a CNBC ETF portfolio.
- Based on the performance, I decided to make some minor changes to my ETF portfolio.
- I also look at the changes made to the CNBC portfolio over the last year.
3 Mispriced Dividend Growth Stocks
- After the recent market sell-of, I screened for a list of companies with strong fundamentals & dividend growth to make a "shopping list."
- I looked for those companies which were trading at a discount to their historical dividend yield.
- I also looked at the fair value of the companies I found to see which were trading at a discount to fair value.
My PepsiCo Valuation And Strategic Plan
- PepsiCo should listen to recent calls to spin-off its beverage business.
- Based on its current valuation PepsiCo is fairly valued at current levels, so something needs to be done to unlock more value.
- If a spin-off were to occur a potential acquisition of another snack & food company would make sense.
4 ETF Ideas That Meet Market Needs
- I detail four ETF ideas that meet unmet market needs.
- The four segments I focus on are: Cyber Security, Bonds, Volatility and Dividend Growth.
- Even though there are over 1500 ETFs/ETNs there is still room for innovation.
2 Potential Long/Short Trades To Play Russian Tensions
- The tension that has been caused by the Russian “Annexation” of Crimea has led to Russian stocks falling.
- This unique opportunity has created the potential for two compelling long/short trades.
- With the recent rally this week in Russian stocks, and sanctions occurring, there is opportunity to profit from the increased tensions.
- The Yuan Is Becoming The New Currency Of Choice
- 3 Dividend Growth Stocks Loved By Hedge Funds
- Microsoft Valuation And Acquisition Targets
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: The Cooper Companies
- Berkshire Share Class Ratio As A Buy Point Indicator
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: PetSmart
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Navigant Consulting
- Hot Diggity Dogs Of The Dow: 2013 Review And 2014 Picks
- Dividends Or Buybacks? 2013 Review & 2014 Picks
- ETF Of The Month: Market Vectors Brazil Small-Cap ETF
- My 2014 Value Stock Picks
- My 2014 Growth Stock Picks
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: International Game Technology
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Oasis Petroleum
- Berkshire Hathaway: Does Stock Price Affect Returns?
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: HealthSouth
- Market Clues From Berkshire's Balance Sheet
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: SolarWinds
- A Simple Screen To Find Lesser Known Momentum Stocks
- When QE Stops, Favor Dividends Over Buybacks
- Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Union Pacific