Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AccuShares Launching New VIX ETFs: How VXUP And VXDN Work [View article]
    Thank you for the overview was very informative. I saw the filing for these awhile ago, and I'm interested to see how they trade and if they will attract any assets.
    May 15, 2015. 06:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    No other names turned up on my screen. if I eliminate the two criteria I added of a current ratio >2, and increasing EPS estimates last four weeks. There are a total of 4 names:

Gilead (GILD)
    Micron (MU)
    Southwest Airlines (LUV)
    Michael Kors (KORS)
    May 14, 2015. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Just wanted to disclose to all readers and people who have commented on my article, I purchased shares of GILD today.
    May 14, 2015. 03:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. Gilead is in no way even near a value trap. They have clear catalysts that will drive earnings growth. Hard to be a value trap with 21%+ estimated growth, rising earnings estimates after a blowout quarter, an ROE of 95%, and ROA of 45%.
    May 14, 2015. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I am glad you enjoyed the article. Thank you also for the tip, I will keep that in mind.
    May 14, 2015. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, but I have to disagree with you that sales have peaked. Japan will be large contributor to sales because of the size of the patient population, and potential of other GT indications being accepted.
    May 14, 2015. 12:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree with your comment on irrational markets. I don't remember who said it or where I saw it, but the saying going something like "A stock can stay undervalued or overvalued for years."
    May 14, 2015. 12:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I think Gilead's management is conservative and very deliberate so I don't know if they would speed up repurchases. Only time will tell, still at a minimum between 5-9% of shares outstanding will come off the market in the next 5 years.
    May 14, 2015. 12:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I am glad you enjoyed the article. To answer your question at the end, no other company in the S&P 500 met the criteria, GILD was the only one. I will look into what you asked about modifying the screen to include Gross margins and ROC instead of ROE, ROA.
    May 13, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and providing the link, was an interesting overview of GILD Financials and valuation metrics.
    May 13, 2015. 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and the quote from DJ. I agree that Japan is a huge opportunity for GILD.
    May 13, 2015. 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment and thoughts on GILD, and the competition they will be facing from Merck. I think Merck will cut some into profits, but with international expansion in Japan this year, and continued growth worldwide, GILD will continue to be a cash flow generating machine and will use that cash for buybacks, advancement of its current pipeline, and acquisitions to enhance its product portfolio.
    May 13, 2015. 11:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I like GAVRP.
    May 13, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for your comment and thoughts on GILD. I was raised differently and I always try to help people, whether they are a small beginning investor, or an experienced large investor.
    May 13, 2015. 11:00 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for your comment and thoughts on GILD and the options strategy you described. I also agree with you that GILD is similar to Apple in that they have a quality management team, strong balance sheet, and a growing product portfolio.
    May 12, 2015. 11:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment