Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    Part 3 of my series is now available.

Jun 23, 2015. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    @erpichtauf, I challenge you to write an article on a company of your choosing so you can be on the record for something. I put myself out there, Will you?
    Jun 22, 2015. 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    I have way more than a one year record, I have been writing for Seeking Alpha for nearly 4 years.
    Jun 22, 2015. 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    Ok thank you for the clarification.
    Jun 22, 2015. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    -To answer your question I opened my investment account in April 2007.

-I'm 28 so I have experienced one bear market.

-From your tone I can tell that you think I don't have the experience, but I do. Experience does not always equal success.

For example, the GM CEO who was with the company until bankruptcy had decades of experience. Then you have Ford who is extremely comparable to GM. Alan Mulally, the Ford (F) CEO who started in 2006, led Ford to not file for bankruptcy and make it through the financial crisis.

That example shows that experience is not everything.
    Jun 22, 2015. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, you made good points as to the true intentions of my article and I appreciate it. I didn't get the Jewish Deli statement he made, most likely because there are none where I live.
    Jun 22, 2015. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    @erpichtauf, Obviously I don't have the resources to be on the board of directors, thats the most puzzling question I have ever heard.

My record speaks for itself-TipRanks: 80% success rate

When you write an article about whatever subject you choose, I will give your comments in my articles more weight.
    Jun 21, 2015. 11:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    @erpichtauf Thank you once again for another negative comment as usual.

As far as my article goes, you are completely missing the point that the companies I am highlighting. The companies are highly capable of raising the dividend and have not chosen to. I give solutions like contacting management and using options to potentially increase income for investors who already own shares and have options experience.
    Jun 21, 2015. 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • One Chart Shows Why DISH Network And T-Mobile Need Each Other [View article]
    In February I called for Google to buy both T-Mobile and Dish.

Jun 18, 2015. 09:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Quest For Yield [View article]
    Here is what the prospectus says on page 6.

"For example, suppose a stock “ABC” trades at $50 per share at
    the start of the 60 day period, and a listed put option with a term
    of 60 days was sold with a strike price of $42.50 per share for a
    premium of $2 per share:

-Settlement at or above the strike price: If at the end of 60 days
    the ABC stock closed at or above the strike price of $42.50, then
    the option would expire worthless and the Underlying Index’s
    value would reflect the retention of the $2 per share premium.
    The Underlying Index’s value thus would be increased by $2 per
    share on the ABC option position.

-Settlement below the strike price: If at the end of 60 days, ABC
    closed at $35, then the option would automatically be deemed
    exercised on its expiration date. The Underlying Index’s value
    would change as if the Underlying Index had been put (i.e., would
    buy) ABC at the strike price of $42.50 and sell ABC immediately
    at the closing price of $35. As a result, the Underlying Index’s
    value would be reduced by $7.50 per share. However, the
    Underlying Index’s value would also reflect the retention of the
    $2 per share premium, so the net loss to the Underlying Index’s
    value would be $5.50 per share on the ABC option position."
    Jun 18, 2015. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    Just because a company initiates or increases its dividend, that does not mean it is a sure thing that the multiple will contract.
    Jun 18, 2015. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    Thank you for your comments and thoughts on PCP. I agree with you that PCP has been a great performer and will continue to be a great performer.
    Jun 18, 2015. 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree that PCP is a reasonable proxy for the aerospace industry. In the past I have also considered Hexcel (HXL) and Rockwell Collins, Inc. (COL) as quality proxies for the aerospace industry as well.
    Jun 18, 2015. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    I think everyone has it wrong, I never! said PCP was a bad company or that you should not buy.

The overall point of the article is that PCP has the ability to increase its dividend significantly because its business is STRONG. In addition, I question why have such a low dividend if its going to be flat for 10+ years at a time.
    Jun 18, 2015. 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take A Hike! Part 2: Precision Castparts [View article]
    @Emerging Investor, you bring up an excellent point that PCP could issue a special dividend. That is a good alternative to increasing quarterly dividends.
    Jun 17, 2015. 11:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment