Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • T-Mobile: The Preferred Way To Own Shares Long-Term [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, but I have to disagree with you. My example clearly showed that yes if the stock falls significantly you will have a capital loss, however that loss is significantly less than if you had just owned the common stock. Sometimes "Safe" investments lose money, if you want complete safety from loss, I would suggest holding cash.
    Mar 13, 2015. 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Morgan Stanley: Significant Dividend Increase Likely After Stress Test Results [View article]
    MS up huge today, @donzoamania, looks like I was right, a 50% dividend increase is significant.
    Mar 12, 2015. 03:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The stress test results are out and MS "only" increased its dividend by 50%, however, the buyback they initiated was significantly higher than I had anticipated. It looks like MS decided to allocate more capital to share repurchases than dividends, and that is why the dividend was not increased more than 50%.

Mar 11, 2015. 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Of Global Food Output Reaches Post-Crisis High [View article]
    I was interested in reading this from the title, but I was very disappointed in this article, and wish you would have expanded more on your food output information. Having 2 sentences about food, and a chart is not a good article.
    Mar 9, 2015. 11:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 ETFs That Are Being Killed By Their Expense Ratios [View article]
    I have something that you should consider when talking about AMLP, to have an Apples to Apples comparison please compare it to another MLP ETF that owns 100% or close to 100% MLPs. MLPX is restricted to own no more than 25% of MLP stocks because " The Underlying Index limits its exposure to partnerships in order to comply with applicable tax diversification rules." Therefore, MLPX is not an Apples to Apples comparison with AMLP, or Other MLP ETFs that own more than 25% of MLP stocks.

Mar 9, 2015. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can This ETF Be The Core Of A Diversified Global Portfolio? [View article]
    @fjmason, there are a couple:

The Barclays ETN+ S&P VEQTOR ETN (VQT) "tracks an index that dynamically allocates exposure between equity, volatility and cash based on market conditions."

The PowerShares S&P 500 Downside Hedged Portfolio (PHDG) "is an actively managed ETF that allocates its portfolio between S&P 500 equities, VIX Index futures and cash."

The RBS Large Cap Trendpilot ETN (TRND) "tracks the S&P 500 when it is at or above its 200-index business-day moving average for 5 consecutive days and the 3-month US Treasury bill yield when it is not."
    Mar 8, 2015. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: $5.8B Whiting Petroleum seeking a buyer [View news story]
    I agree with @sparky58701, Exxon just issued $7 billion in bonds, which could be used to buy WLL.

Mar 6, 2015. 10:20 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mallinckrodt: Strong Growth From Transformative Acquisitions Paying Off [View article]
    News hit today that MNK made an acquisition of Privately held Ikaria. From my article "I believe that the strength of Mallinckrodt's financials gives them the ability to continue invest in R&D and acquire more companies."

Mar 5, 2015. 08:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Oil Prices Predict A Global Economic/Financial Crisis? [View article]
    Great article! Looks like the key number is when the coefficient of variation of WTI gets around 20 or higher that is when a downturn appears to be near.
    Mar 3, 2015. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I did spell out that I believe a significant increase is coming, I called for the dividend to increase from $0.40/share annually to $0.80/share annually, which is an increase of 100%. In my book a 100% increase is significant.

You are completely off base when you say my headline is misleading, and I spelled out that I believe the dividend will be increased after the stress test and capital return review.
    Mar 2, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the comment, about my article title, if you read my article before commenting about the dividend, maybe that would change your mind.
    Mar 1, 2015. 04:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Stocks With A Low Supply Of Stock For Trading [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree that many investors [Myself Included] are using ETFs more and more. I still have individual stocks in my portfolio, but the rest is of my equity allocation is in ETFs.
    Mar 1, 2015. 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Stocks With A Low Supply Of Stock For Trading [View article]
    No problem, it is all good.
    Feb 28, 2015. 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the comment and your thoughts on MNK. I believe there is a possibility that they will purchase small companies or drugs from other companies. There is also the possibility that MNK will be acquired by a company looking for growth and Irish tax status.

In their recent investor presentation they stated one of their goals was to "Acquire and develop durable, late-stage, complex products".
    Feb 28, 2015. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hercules Offshore -28% as analyst throws in the towel after two years [View news story]
    Mike Urban is ranked 3199 out of 3501 analysts on TipRanks. That is all the info you need about his picks.

Feb 27, 2015. 04:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment