Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, it would be worth looking into to see if I could find how much of AZO sales are to government agencies.
    Dec 20 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, I am talking about all cars,trucks in the US. Consumers are keeping there cars longer so as they get older they will need more parts etc. to maintain the performance of the car.
    Dec 20 10:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment.

The reason is Removal of some risks:
    -Budget deal, as poor as it was, removed the possibility of shutdowns for the next two years.
    -Fed is buying less bonds, weening the market off its addiction to QE.

But then there are still some concerns going forward:

-Debt Ceiling
    -Obamacare
    Dec 20 10:43 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Candidates For When The Tide Goes Out [View article]
    Since the time of writing my article:

AMD: -5.44%
    ONNN: -1.52%
    RSH : -24.93%
    WFT: 9.90%

SPY : 11.55%

So all four have underperformed the SPY, and 3 out of the have a negative return so the screen has been a success so far.
    Dec 18 10:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chart Of The Day – Wednesday, December 18, 2013 [View instapost]
    @johnbarleycorn That is the reason why I started my own Roth IRA when I was 21 was because by the time I retire I dont plan on getting anywhere near what I have will have put in.
    Dec 18 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 12 Ideas For Your Portfolio In 2014 [View article]
    Thank you for the info, I agree each situation is different. Also, we have something I common, I am also long RNF.
    Dec 14 08:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 12 Ideas For Your Portfolio In 2014 [View article]
    @takefive, I was talking to @artbr549. I wasnt talking about a premium article, anyone can write an instablog you dont have to be a contributor.

What criteria do you use to determine low? Low means different things to different people.
    Dec 14 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 12 Ideas For Your Portfolio In 2014 [View article]
    @artbr549 you did not read my post, I never said anything about what my strategy is, the point I was making was just because you dont like the strategy does not mean it is bad. Again I challenge you to write an instablog post, or article stating your picks for 2014 for others to see. I am currently in the process of writing an article for my 2014 picks.
    Dec 14 02:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 12 Ideas For Your Portfolio In 2014 [View article]
    @artbr549 just because his picks dont follow YOUR investment objects, doesnt mean there is anything wrong with his strategy.

Just wondering what your investment strategy is,I encourage you to post of publish an article/instablog with your picks for 2014, so other readers can view/comment/criticize your picks.
    Dec 13 09:27 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 12 Ideas For Your Portfolio In 2014 [View article]
    For homebuilders the SPDR Homebuilders ETF (XHB) and for small-cap financial services either the iShares U.S. Financial Services ETF (IYG) which focuses on larger financial service companies, or the PowerShares S&P SmallCap Financials Portfolio ETF (PSCF).

Hope that helps.
    Dec 13 03:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: SolarWinds [View article]
    Thank you @larrydj , so far so good, SWI is Up just over 6% since my article and the SPY is down 1%, but my price target is a long-term one so lots can happen still.
    Dec 12 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Yield Spreads Hit A 6-Year Low [View article]
    I trust market data like above rather than Government reported data for growth & CPI which can be inaccurate or changed. For example starting in the third quarter of this year the government changed how it calculated GDP.

Dec 10 08:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Oasis Petroleum [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. My forecast is for a long-term period, and to your point about bringing down costs, Oasis is lowering costs by switching to pad drilling sites vs individual well sights which is more cost effective.
    Dec 9 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Oasis Petroleum [View article]
    Thank you for your comments, I agree with you that players that have built up positions in quality plays will be better off.
    Dec 9 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Oasis Petroleum [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I saw the share offering, but the offering had already closed and the stock price was already affected prior to writing my article.
    Dec 9 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment