Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Unusual Combination: Low Volatility And Growth [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I agree with you that SRCL has a good moat and is a high quality company, but I would prefer to buy closer to fair value.
    Nov 1 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Companies That Could Be That Next Apple: Part 2 [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, I'm glad my article was useful for you, and most likely I can not do an article like you requested because companies just beginning to trade don't have alot of business history usually, and many of the high growth technology companies are not profitable.
    Nov 1 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Creating A Portfolio To Outperform Obamacare [View article]
    Number 83 is real, I didn't believe it at first and I went to healthcare.gov,and it was the phone number they had listed.
    Oct 27 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Creating A Portfolio To Outperform Obamacare [View article]
    Your example of paying for public education is not an apples to apples comparison to the ACA, and your point is wrong.

With the public school system, it is the state & federal government which decides what portions of tax dollars go towards public education, and the individual has no say in the matter.

When an individual buys health insurance they can choose the coverage, whether that be the bare minimum, the maximum or none, an individual cannot choose where their tax dollars go to.

So using your example if you decided NOT to pay your taxes because you didn't like the money going to public schools, you would be breaking the law. On the other hand if your decide not to buy health insurance [which is legal to do], you just pay a small tax penalty.
    Oct 25 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Creating A Portfolio To Outperform Obamacare [View article]
    Here is an interesting article:"The 300,000 policyholders have plans that don't include all of the 10 categories of benefits required under the Affordable Care Act." So once again more people who like their insurance CAN NOT keep it.

These are the 10 "essential benefits" that the ACA requires be in all plans

1. Ambulatory patient services
    2. Emergency services
    3. Hospitalization
    4. Maternity and newborn care
    5. Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
    6. Prescription drugs
    7. Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
    8. Laboratory services
    9. Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
    10. Pediatric services, including oral and vision care

This is what is driving up the cost is these benefits, as in my case im a single 27 year old with no kids, so why do I currently need a plan with pediatric services, Maternity, Mental Health & Substance abuse. So 40% of the benefits I do not need!! So if my new rate of $187/month would be decreased by 40% that would make the plan cost $112.20.
    Oct 25 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Emerging-Market ETFs Safe? [View article]
    Joseph,

Very good article, I used to own BIK a couple years ago, and currently own no Emerging Market equities. What I have been looking at is the popular EGShares Emerging Markets Consumer ETF (ECON) which has performed very well. Or the iShares S&P Emerging Markets Infrastructure Index ETF (EMIF)

Just my thoughts.

Thanks again for the great article.
    Oct 24 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Landec Corporation [View article]
    Thank you for the comments. I submitted my article last Friday but I had a couple grammar issues so it wasn't published until today. I actually read your article on monday, very good, and welcome to the Seeking Alpha Community.
    Oct 23 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Landec Corporation [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, much appreciated. They are in a growth market with solid trends behind them, but the only thing I dont like is they don't pay a dividend. But they are using that money for growth instead to its ok.
    Oct 23 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Valuation And Technical Outlook Ahead Of Earnings [View article]
    Google earnings are today after the close, will be interesting to see what happens.
    Oct 17 02:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CECO Environmental: Taking Advantage Of Clean Air And Water Trends [View article]
    Well if that level was resistance its broken now, CECE is on fire.
    Oct 17 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Advance Auto Parts [View article]
    AAP went above my price target today with their acquisition of General Parts International. Shares of AAP up 16% today.
    Oct 16 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Unknown ETF Investors Should Know About: Part 1 [View article]
    Thank you very much for the comments, much appreciated and glad you enjoyed the article, stay tuned for part 2.
    Oct 16 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MTUM: Profiting From The Madness Of Crowds [View article]
    SVXY isnt even the same asset class thats a volatility ETF, has nothing to do with momentum stocks.
    Oct 15 03:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Reasons Why I Expect Molycorp Shares To Double In 1Q 2014 [View article]
    I would start with a website, or broker that has paper trading so you can practice your option trading. Here is a link to a good website about options:

Oct 15 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Reasons Why I Expect Molycorp Shares To Double In 1Q 2014 [View article]
    @WPSPIKER with companies like MCP who have a history of poor management, secondary offering, and disappointing results, I believe going long should also be paired with buying put options as well.

Here is an example:

If you believe shares are going to double as the article says by the end of the first quarter of 2014, so you buy 100 shares of MCP on October 3rd which was the day of the article @ $7.19/share.

At the same time realizing that MCP has a history of offerings, missing earnings etc you buy a March 2014 $8 strike put option for $200.

So here is the math:

If shares double: your investment will be worth: [7.19*2] *100 shares=$1438-$200[for option that is worth $0 because of price appreciation] Gives you a a value on your investment of $1238, which is a 34.70% return in this scenario.

BUT If shares fall as they did today: shares are worth [5.88*100=588] +$8 put option which is currently worth $273, so your total investment would be worth [$588+$273=$861] Which is a decline of 6.30% but is significantly better when compared to just owning the common stock which is down 17.30%
    Oct 15 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment