Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 2: Priceline And F5 Networks [View article]
    For earnings estimates, here is a great link to look at from estimize.

On the left if you leave only: Actual & Wall St. Estimates checked you can see that PCLN has beat Wall St. estimates each of the last 8 quarters.
    Oct 10, 2014. 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Amazon opening first physical store [View news story]
    I could see a future where AMZN buys select high traffic retail locations of SHLD,JCP, etc and use the real estate as a "mini-warehouse".
    Oct 9, 2014. 08:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    SE just pointed out in his recent never ending MCP series that S&P may upgrade MCP any week.
    Oct 9, 2014. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing This Yo-Yo Market [View article]
    Great article, and great advice. I agree having cash for a rainy day to pick up quality names, and having exposure to large cap quality balance sheet names like AAPL, and GILD is good as well because those names are the last stocks investors will sell during a market panic. I also love the term "yo-yo market" I think that one will stick.
    Oct 9, 2014. 11:34 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 2: Priceline And F5 Networks [View article]
    @Bailout2009, Thank you for the comments. My fair value estimate of $2350 was my 5 year target price. As far as the short-term looking at the chart if PCLN does break $1100 the next level of support that I see is at around $1000. The lowest I could See PCLN going on a major market selloff is down to around $775. If it breaches $1100, and $1000. If PCLN holds $1100 then In the short-term I think PCLN could return to around $1210 which is where shares had a "mini" gap down on September 5th.
    Oct 9, 2014. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    @Arbalet Thank you for adding information to the discussion. I agree that MDR has potential, but there are headwinds. Also, where did you find the CDS data for MDR?
    Oct 9, 2014. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    @REEality Thank you for the comment. By having the five criteria ALONG with the market cap Criteria I included I believe gives a good indication of potential distress. I ran the same screen BUT without the market cap Criteria and there was only 1 name that had a market cap of >$2 billion and that was Isis Pharma. which is trading at $38.20/share. Besides that every other name on the list is currently trading at less than $5/share. You usually dont trade below $5/share for a good reason. Also, many mutual funds, etc, can't own stocks that are priced at <$5 so since MCP & MDR that potential takes some investors out of the market.
    Oct 9, 2014. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    Thank you for your opinion as well, and repeating the points in the endless series of articles from the "Shock Exchange."
    Oct 8, 2014. 11:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    @TagNewToCCs Thank you for the comment. Sometimes betting on those stocks that have fallen the farthest and are unloved is a good strategy, only time will tell. I wish you the best with your 2 year bet, 170,000 shares is a serious amount.
    Oct 8, 2014. 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    Thank you for making your point. Also, I pointed out for MDR: "With the preferred stock, and senior notes offering MDR has a CHANCE to shore up its business, but that is counteracted by lower oil prices, which makes oil & gas projects that MDR serves less economically viable."

Basically I was trying to say that the recent capital raise gives them a chance to succeed in their turnaround, but oil prices are a headwind to that turnaround.
    Oct 8, 2014. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    Thank you for all your comments. Candidate does not mean you have to chose them, my article is just a starting point. My statements are not defamatory, anyone can run a stock screen that looks for similar characteristics, that is public information, nothing wrong with that. Also, I looked at the options after you mentioned it, and noticed that on Sep 24 Jan 2015 $7 call volume was 5113 vs open interest of 431, and price then was $6.10, and has since gone straight down. So, unusual call buying occurred at a even higher price, So I dont put much stock in unusual options activity.
    Oct 8, 2014. 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    @Gout Attack thank you for the comment. First of all I said I MAY buy puts, NOT anticipate. I also said, MCP has to break out above its short-term downward trend BEFORE testing $2. I just checked my chart with todays close, MCP closed right on the line, so tomorrow will be an important day, if the stock closes above the line tomorrow, then yes I believe MCP will test the $2 level in the coming weeks. However, If MCP does not close above this level then I believe shares could reverse and retest the lows.

If I do buy puts, I will post on here for everyone to see. As of now I am waiting to see what happens. The reason I said MAY is I want to see if MCP gets above its short-term downtrend, or fails to get above.
    Oct 8, 2014. 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    @Trade in Mexico, Thank you for the comments, I will direct you towards my disclaimer, and the phrase under the Seeking Alpha Logo: "Read, Decide, Invest". Just because I wrote something doesn't mean you have to follow it, it is up to the investor to gather all information and then decide, not just blindly follow someone. Also, I wrote in closing "In closing I believe both Molycorp & McDermott are WORTHY OF FURTHER RESEARCH" Meaning this article is just a starting point for investors.

I was not comparing MDR to MCP, I just had the charts side by side to safe space, and NOT to compare to each other. I dont se anything wrong with screening for companies that have similar financial characteristics to GTAT.
    Oct 8, 2014. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    I am not going to even respond to such a rude comment. #ignore
    Oct 8, 2014. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and the input on MCP options.
    Oct 8, 2014. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment