Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My 2015 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    @sfpdf Thank you for the comment, I am glad you found my article helpful. In all my articles on growth stocks, I like to try to include some form of GARP, and not Growth at any price, except for my one article on Momentum stocks.

I did not calculate the returns of MNK, after the QCOR merger. I assumed that if myself or someone would have been holding QCOR they would have sold prior to acquisition being final. I looked and MNK has returned 38.88% since Aug 15th, which was the first day of trading for the combined company, therefore, my average of AZO, NSR, and MNK/QCOR would be even higher.

Don't worry about not pulling the trigger, I have had plenty of those moments that I say to myself "why did I not pull the trigger" just have to try to find the next one.

Brad
    Dec 30, 2014. 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2015 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, Happy new year!
    Dec 30, 2014. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2015 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. If I was looking for clicks I should have made an article title like the top article right now on the front page of SA "grandma got run over by a dividend portfolio" lol. Whoever wrote it did good because how can you not click on that to investigate such an odd title lol.
    Dec 30, 2014. 10:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My New Years Resolution: Balance My Risky Portfolio [View article]
    I agree with @HackFAB that a ROTH IRA is a great option. For me personally I am also a "young investor" I have a Roth where I buy quality investments, and I have a plain investment account for my "risky" investment choices.

If you are looking for someplace to start here are a couple ideas:

Warren Buffett Holdings:

OR From my article on finding the best quality stocks.

Good luck in your investing.

Brad
    Dec 29, 2014. 09:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I was pleased with my Autozone, and QuestCor picks, but not with my Neustar Pick. Because of the poor performance of Neustar last year, I added criteria to help eliminate companies like NSR, and I added a "risks" section.
    Dec 29, 2014. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Value Stock Picks [View article]
    My 2015 Growth stock picks, and 2014 growth stock review is now available.

Dec 29, 2014. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2015 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. No I didn't hear from anyone actually. Only @toshimelonhead pointed out in the comments section that NSR has a large portion of its revenues from its government phone number contract.

Because of the major fail for my NSR pick, for my 2015 picks I added the following criteria, which I hope will exclude companies like NSR. Because last year at the time of writing my article NSR had EPS growth the past 5 years that was less than 10%, therefore if I would have had the criteria last year NSR would have been excluded. In addition, unlike last year I added a "risks" section for each of my stock selections in hopes of pointing out potential items that could impact share price negatively.

-EPS Growth Past 5 Years: > 10%
    Dec 29, 2014. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    A review of my 2014 Growth Stock picks, and my new 2015 growth stock picks is now available.

Dec 29, 2014. 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2015 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and the link.
    Dec 29, 2014. 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global X rolls out 2 ETFs with support from JPMorgan [View news story]
    Thank you, I'm glad I could help. I am watching the performance and growth of assets of SCTO as well.
    Dec 18, 2014. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcoa: The 'Preferred' Way To Own Shares [View article]
    Yeah the yahoo symbol is AA-PB However, through yahoo finance you can only see 5 days worth of prices. That is why I put the symbols up for vaious brokers that anyone can go to their sites and view longer term.
    Dec 18, 2014. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: Catching A Falling Knife [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. Just because a company pays a dividend doesn't mean the company is not a growth company. UBNT has new products, and is further expanding into China & India. Acquisitions could be tough in this environment, and finding an acquisition target that fits with UBNT, and when the market is still near all-time highs, would be difficult.
    Dec 15, 2014. 09:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: Catching A Falling Knife [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I agree it is difficult to find value today, however UBNT has growing revenues, new customers in large markets like China & India, and they have a very strong balance sheet. Where as companies like PBR, have alot of significant risks, like legal, currency risk etc.
    Dec 15, 2014. 09:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: Catching A Falling Knife [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. You make a great point, when there are headlines like this about expanding capex telecom supplier rally:

"Telecom suppliers rally following Verizon's capex remarks"

OR when there are headlines are the opposite, it is easy to see that Telecom providers are the real driver of growth, or perceived growth for companies like UBNT.

"Telecom equipment/component stocks fall on AT&T's capex budget"

Dec 15, 2014. 09:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ubiquiti Networks: Catching A Falling Knife [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I agree sometimes it can be difficult to run growth companies like UBNT through a DCF, However, I believe by discounting earnings & earnings growth because of political/economic instability helps.
    Dec 15, 2014. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment