Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: SolarWinds [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. SWI has under-performed the SPY more significantly.
    Nov 17 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best ETFs For Dividend Growth Lack 'Dividend' In Their Names [View article]
    I'm not seeing it anywhere, Both yahoo Finance, and dividendchannel.com show that a payment was missed, and even worse, when I look at VIG on nasdaq.com it doesn't even show VIG paid a dividend payment in 2009. But dividendinvestor.com does show the missing payment.
    Nov 16 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simple Screen To Find Lesser Known Momentum Stocks [View article]
    No i have no initiated a position in any of the stocks mentioned in the article, and I dont have any plans to. I have not made any new stock purchases because the market is at new all-time highs and i'm waiting for a significant pullback to buy stocks again, and these stocks are not on my list because for my personal portfolio I prefer only stocks that pay a dividend.
    Nov 15 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Big U.S. GDP Beat: Hype Versus Reality [View article]
    I know that, im just saying going forward the way GDP is calculated has changed from how it was calculated in the past. Also, do news outlets inform viewers that the way GDP is calculated has changed? Ahhh no!
    Nov 10 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Big U.S. GDP Beat: Hype Versus Reality [View article]
    I believe GDP beat expectations because the government changed the way they calculated GDP starting in Q3 of this year. Here is a link to another SA author who covered this.

Nov 10 10:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CECO Environmental: Taking Advantage Of Clean Air And Water Trends [View article]
    Also, CECE reports earnings before the Open on Thursday November 7th.
    Nov 5 08:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simple Screen To Find Lesser Known Momentum Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I agree listening to a short ad isnt that bad, and on a FB newsfeed ad you can just scroll right past it lol.
    Nov 5 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simple Screen To Find Lesser Known Momentum Stocks [View article]
    No thanks, I want no part of insider information.
    Nov 5 08:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simple Screen To Find Lesser Known Momentum Stocks [View article]
    @andy thank you for the comment. Yes you are correct P has a large market share in the mobile ad revenue space, but FB is also growing its mobile ad revenues at a fast pace as well.
    Nov 5 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simple Screen To Find Lesser Known Momentum Stocks [View article]
    @ Esekla Thank you for the link. As I stated in my article, P,PODD, and ATHN most people would not consider momentum stocks, but they do share the characteristics of momentum stocks like NFLX & TSLA.
    Nov 5 05:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Simple Screen To Find Lesser Known Momentum Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for the comments. I also use finviz quite often.
    Nov 5 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Valmont Industries [View article]
    Thank you for the comments. No I didn't take it as an attack at all. Just was explaining my reasoning for using a higher discount rate.
    Nov 5 04:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Valmont Industries [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I use a higher discount rate than someone normally would, and I always have growth leveling off to 1% which is unlikely for alot of companies. That combined with a higher discount rate make my valuation more conservative than others.

A comment I got from a reader on my AAP article said: "Your discount rate is likely too high" and "the implied equity risk premium at around 5.75%, your discount rate would be just under 6%."

I have my discount rate higher than normal because if a company is undervalued with a high discount rate, then they would be really undervalued with a lower discount rate.

So far the results of my series speak for themselves.

Average Return of My picks: 14.44% with 11 of 15 picks have outperformed the SPY since the time of writing each article.

SPY Return: 5.59%
    Nov 5 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valmont: Economic Growth Concerns Create Substantial Buying Opportunity, 30% Upside [View article]
    @Nigel In September I wrote a non alpha-rich article on VMI in my undervalued stock series, maybe my article can answer some of your questions.

Nov 5 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For 0% Bond Allocation [View article]
    Though of another way to still have a bond allocation, in addition to convertible bonds I listed above, you could own the ProShares High Yield-Interest Rate Hedged ETF (HYHG) which owns high yields bonds, but hedges interest rate risk by shorting US treasury bonds. So you still get a 5.71% dividend yield with a built in downside hedge for rising interest rates.

Since its Inception on May 23rd 2013 until the high in interest rates on Septemeber 5th.

HYHG Total Return: 0.81%
    AGG Total Return:-3.83%
    HYG Total Return:-2.88%

Disclosure: I have no positions in any of the funds mentioned.
    Nov 4 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment