Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Cash $85 million, Raw Materials $99.9 million,Finished Goods $2.4 million, Prop Plant & Equip $611.5, all of that together totals $798.8 million, I then subtracted $393.5 million in current liabilities + LT Debt of $ 294.2 million, which left $111.1 million divided by the shares outstanding of 136.6 million gives $0.81/share.
    Oct 6 02:11 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    I looked at the option activity on Friday and nothing really stood out except someone bought 3198 $11 November puts, and there was open interest of 9155 contracts. Besides that I saw nothing else as far as option activity on Friday. Those contracts purchased at a price around $145/contract are now worth about $1015/contract so whoever that was has a nice $2.7 million gain on value of the option contracts.
    Oct 6 12:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Doing a quick liquidation value calculation I came up with $0.80/share, If I had to guess it would be somewhere around there.
    Oct 6 10:50 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Wow!! I did not see that one coming.
    Oct 6 10:20 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Rentals: Poised For Long-Term Growth [View article]
    Sorry I was typing on the wrong article, completely my bad lol way too busy. Anyways, for URI I couldn't find anything about why it was down. I will keep investigating.
    Oct 2 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Rentals: Poised For Long-Term Growth [View article]
    The whole market was down yesterday, but Oracle outperformed.

SPY Performance Yesterday: -1.36%
    ORCL Performance Yesterday: -0.50%
    Oct 2 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 1: Oracle [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I should have been a little more clear, the fair value is my target for over the next 5 years.
    Oct 2 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 1: Oracle [View article]
    Part 2 of my article is now posted:

Oct 1 03:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 1: Oracle [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I will take a look at that.
    Sep 30 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Rentals: Poised For Long-Term Growth [View article]
    No because URI is in a capital intensive business so of course there debt is going to be high because they have to purchase the equipment upfront, and are paid back over the life of the machine.
    Sep 30 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can The Alerian MLP ETF And Its 8% Expense Ratio Really Be Trusted Anymore? [View article]
    You are only looking at the performance in good markets, look at the performance of AMLP compared to other ETFs and NOT MLP ETNs because of the structure of ETNs. Because all MLP ETFs that have more than a 25% allocation to MLPs are structured as a C-Corp just like AMLP. I have been a shareholder since right after the inception for AMLP. 5%+ Dividend yield, and because the fund takes out money for taxes it has lower volatility than other MLP funds. Which is what I was looking for out of the investment knowing about the deferred tax liability, something with a high income, and low volatility

Here is a quote from a Zacks article:

"Lower volatility results from its ability to reverse some of deferred tax liabilities when the market is down."

From the Prospectus :

"Potential Substantial After-Tax Tracking Error from Underlying Index Performance. As discussed above, the Fund will be subject to taxation on its taxable income. The NAV of Fund Shares will also be reduced by the accrual of any current and deferred tax liabilities. The Underlying Index however is calculated without any deductions for taxes. As a result, the Fund’s after
    tax performance could differ significantly from the Underlying Index even if the pretax performance of the Fund and the performance of the Underlying Index are closely correlated."

The prospectus clearly spells out that there will be a difference between the return of the fund and the index. KNOW WHAT YOU OWN. If you, or your broker are not willing to do the simple research to find out what you are owning, then I would recommend sticking to plain vanilla stock funds to avoid any confusion.
    Sep 29 08:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market At New Highs, Go Bear Hunting: Sears Holdings [View article]
    SHLD Down 37.45% since my article was published.
    Sep 26 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Help Us Pick Next Week's Outstanding Performance Award Winners [View article]
    I think Randy Carlson with his multiple pieces on Tesla (TSLA).

Sep 17 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Protect Your Portfolio And Profit When Equity Markets Are Declining With The New CDS ETF [View article]
    Very good article, WYDE has been on my watchlist for a longtime, and I wrote an article on WYDE after it was launched.

So far what I have observed is that WYDE is inversely correlated to Credit spreads, as they are designed to be. WYDE has fallen as spreads have tightened since its inception, and TYTE has profited because of the falling spreads.
    Sep 3 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing Defense With ETFs [View article]
    Good article, I had similar findings on what asset classes to own during a market pullback. I wrote an article at the end of July that focused on ETFs that performed the best in market pullbacks over the last four years. What I found was that a portfolio of the following had the best chance to outperform the market during a pullback:

Defensive Stocks: Guggenheim Defensive Equity ETF (DEF)
    Long-term Bonds: Vanguard Long-Term Bond ETF (BLV)
    US Dollar: PowerShares DB USD Bull ETF (UUP)

Sep 3 10:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment