Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Investment Implications Of The President's Clean Power Plan [View article]
    @Biological Thank you for the comments and using Germany as an example of renewable energy policies.

I found this chart here and I wish I had seen it an put it in my article. It shows electricity prices for the European Union have significantly outpaced the U.S.

The key statement from the EIA "Regulatory structures—including taxes and other user fees, investment in renewable energy technologies, and the mix and cost of fuels—all influence electricity prices."

Renewables cost more than Natural Gas and as I noted in my article compliance costs will increase significantly with this plan. Who will pay for these costs....The Consumer!

Aug 10, 2015. 08:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trying To Identify Nelson Peltz's 2 Mystery Positions [View article]
    Where is your set of numbers from? Please share a link.
    Aug 10, 2015. 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google forms new structure, names Pichai CEO of core business; shares rise (updated) [View news story]
    This actually sounds like a great idea. With Google Search, ads, Youtube, android all under one roof I would expect profit margins to increase significantly because all the extra's like Fiber, Self-driving car will be off the expense line of the income statement for Google, and Will be on the expense line for "Alphabet"
    Aug 10, 2015. 07:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Implications Of The President's Clean Power Plan [View article]
    JOY bounced because everything in energy & materials was up big today because they have been beaten down so much. Even LINE, which has lost 50%+ in the last month was up nearly 7% today on no news.
    Aug 10, 2015. 05:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Implications Of The President's Clean Power Plan [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, it is much appreciated. The data clearly shows that under this plan of significantly increasing renewable usage, the price of electricity will rise even as solar and wind costs will come down.

Data from my article:

RATE BASED Contiguous U.S. Retail Price (cents/kWh)
    2020: 10.30
    2025: 9.90
    2030: 10.40
    Aug 10, 2015. 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Implications Of The President's Clean Power Plan [View article]
    @Dougmayer, Maybe the sun has something to do about it.....

Look at this link and select "Solar Cycle 24" which is the current cycle and as you can see sunspot activity has significantly increased.

Aug 10, 2015. 05:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Implications Of The President's Clean Power Plan [View article]
    That sounds like a great logical idea. Excellent!!
    Aug 10, 2015. 05:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investment Implications Of The President's Clean Power Plan [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I agree I think as a society we should phase out coal in favor of clean burning natural gas which we have an overabundance of here in the U.S. and renewables. However, I believe the market is already shifting this way and does not need the government to make it mandatory. If this plan does go through I would be tempted to buy a renewable ETF something like TAN, FAN or ICLN.
    Aug 10, 2015. 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Bargain In Media: Scripps Networks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree that TWX has higher long-term visibility, as I noted in my article TWX and SNI are both undervalued by my estimations, however I chose SNI because it was more undervalued and had a better long-term chart in my opinion.
    Aug 10, 2015. 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Bargain In Media: Scripps Networks [View article]
    Thank you for your comments, I completely agree. With Viacom losing Colbert and Stewart I see even less value in the company and Viacom could become a value trap.
    Aug 10, 2015. 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Windows 10 Shaping Up To Be A Disaster For Microsoft Shareholders? [View article]
    I have Windows 7 and I will not be updating anytime soon.
    Aug 10, 2015. 11:23 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My best friend updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8 and his touchpad on his laptop stopped working and would not work even after updating drivers, etc. So, he took advantage of the built in feature that allows users to roll back to the previous version of Windows they had within 30 days of installing Windows 10. I had high hopes for Windows 10, however, it is not sounding like a winner, at least not yet.
    Aug 10, 2015. 10:45 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential Acquisition Targets For Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    Thank you for the comment Owen. In this case that is true. However, not so much for his massive stake in IBM. If I looked at his whole portfolio yes there are instances where that is true, however, at the time of writing this article last year and looking at his top holdings, all have had dividend growth.
    Aug 10, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential Acquisition Targets For Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I was somewhat surprised by the selection, but none the less PCP is a very High Quality company. However, as you noted PCP has a history of not raising dividends. I made the case in my article on PCP earlier this year that PCP had significant dividend growth potential if they had chosen to increase the dividend instead of repurchasing stock.

Aug 10, 2015. 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Twitter Could Fit Into Google's Plans [View article]
    @joseluis, I personally believe that Google could acquire T-Mobile and/or dish. In my above comment:

"I make the case for Google to acquire both T-Mobile and Dish. With news today that Apple could be getting in the mobile business, Google could have a major leg up if they acquired T-Mobile at a minimum and dish for its spectrum, which a large portion has to be used by 2017 I believe."

Aug 9, 2015. 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment