Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I actually haven't shaved for like 10 days, Maybe I should take a new picture :)
    Feb 20, 2015. 10:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and adding to the discussion on taxes.
    Feb 20, 2015. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marriott International: A Potential Short Squeeze Play [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, MAR has been a big winner, and the investors who were short got burned.
    Feb 19, 2015. 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and your "informal" survey results are interesting if true.
    Feb 19, 2015. 10:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, and I agree with you that Apple is a potential safe haven.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, your kinds words, and sharing your experience. Very enlightening, and I will always remember your line "I stated at the time; my proposed business plan and previous business experience should be the determining factor and not that I appeared to be a teenager."

Thank you.

Brad
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. In addition to great product engineers and researchers that Apple has they also have some pretty good financial engineers.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, you bring up a very interesting point that there are many!! moving parts/markets that make up Apple.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. Apple has a large portion of their cash being held offshore, and because of that they use profits and debt from the US to fund dividends.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and your insight on your expectations for future product announcements. I just don't see the watch taking off to be a Iphone or Ipad type product. I believe there is a place for it, but the magnitude of the impact will be up to how consumers adopt it.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment and sharing your experience with me and the readers of this article.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment and your thoughts on Apple. My model as well as Carl Icahn's model is based on Apple repatriating its Cash. The big question I have is how much stock can Apple buyback, and how much dividends can they pay without bringing their foreign cash back.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. A fellow reader gave me a link to a WSJ article that was posted after I had been writing my article.

Two key points the article brings up:

"Therefore, we believe the correct way to treat this non-cash tax for the purpose of valuation is to add it back to earnings, reflected in our EPS forecast.”

AND

"Mr. Icahn’s EPS forecast, in which he adds these accrued-but-not-paid-t... back to Apple’s earnings."

Basically it is an accounting tactic, "non-cash" and "accrued but not paid taxes". This is why I included the section on repatriation risk, because currently there is no reason for Apple to bring back the cash at current tax rates.

Feb 19, 2015. 08:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    If Apple got to a $6T company by 2018, and held their current cash as a % of its market cap which is around 24%, That would mean Apple would have $1.4 trillion in cash. They could give the government a good deal :D on a loan.
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, and adding to the discussion about valuations of fellow tech companies.
    Feb 19, 2015. 07:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment