Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, but I have to disagree with you that sales have peaked. Japan will be large contributor to sales because of the size of the patient population, and potential of other GT indications being accepted.
    May 14, 2015. 12:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree with your comment on irrational markets. I don't remember who said it or where I saw it, but the saying going something like "A stock can stay undervalued or overvalued for years."
    May 14, 2015. 12:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I think Gilead's management is conservative and very deliberate so I don't know if they would speed up repurchases. Only time will tell, still at a minimum between 5-9% of shares outstanding will come off the market in the next 5 years.
    May 14, 2015. 12:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I am glad you enjoyed the article. To answer your question at the end, no other company in the S&P 500 met the criteria, GILD was the only one. I will look into what you asked about modifying the screen to include Gross margins and ROC instead of ROE, ROA.
    May 13, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and providing the link, was an interesting overview of GILD Financials and valuation metrics.
    May 13, 2015. 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and the quote from DJ. I agree that Japan is a huge opportunity for GILD.
    May 13, 2015. 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment and thoughts on GILD, and the competition they will be facing from Merck. I think Merck will cut some into profits, but with international expansion in Japan this year, and continued growth worldwide, GILD will continue to be a cash flow generating machine and will use that cash for buybacks, advancement of its current pipeline, and acquisitions to enhance its product portfolio.
    May 13, 2015. 11:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I like GAVRP.
    May 13, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for your comment and thoughts on GILD. I was raised differently and I always try to help people, whether they are a small beginning investor, or an experienced large investor.
    May 13, 2015. 11:00 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for your comment and thoughts on GILD and the options strategy you described. I also agree with you that GILD is similar to Apple in that they have a quality management team, strong balance sheet, and a growing product portfolio.
    May 12, 2015. 11:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    I would expect that companies that have limited growth like some consumer staples companies will be hurt because investors have flocked to those stocks for yield. However, when you get a company like Apple or Gilead that has a dividend and above market growth and is trading at below the market, those are plays that investors can hide out or buy on a market correction.
    May 12, 2015. 11:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I apologize for not putting an explanation of GARP, I usually don't put explanations for popular acronyms because I have been told by the editors that readers tend to be experienced investors. I have actually had articles rejected because they were "too simple".

Anyways, GARP stands for Growth at a Reasonable Price. Here is a description:

If you have the time please feel free to read through the rest of the article after reading the description of GARP in the link I provided.

Thank you.
    May 12, 2015. 11:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, you bring up a great point that "participants in the stock market are humans subject to the corroding influence of emotions." Stocks can stay "undervalued" or "overvalued" for years at a time.
    May 12, 2015. 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I am glad you enjoyed my article. The GARP screen could be adjusted to fit your own goals as well. For example, someone could remove my criteria of the current ratio, and % EPS estimate increase, and most likely will get more companies rather than just Gilead. Also. Just wanted to make sure your data was correct the dividend is $0.43/share.

May 12, 2015. 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences: The Best GARP Stock In The S&P 500 [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I used the screener to compile the average PE, LT Growth, etc so I did not have to go to each stock individually. The criteria I used did not shape the result. It is widely know that in GARP investing the base criteria are:

PEG <1
    PE < Market Average
    EPS Growth > Market Average
    Stable historical growth > market Average

The parts I added of my own to the GARP screen have logical reasons:

ROE & ROA above the market average to indicate the efficiecy of management, and I included the current ratio to make sure any perspective stocks were able to cover short-term obligations and I used % change in EPS estimates to include only those companies with estimates being revised Higher. When you run a screen on Zacks you enter all the criteria and then click run! and the results are shown after clicking run, and are not shown before then.
    May 12, 2015. 06:00 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment