Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Eaton Vance up almost 10% as SEC approves new type of ETF [View news story]
    I would never buy them, about 80% of mutual funds underperform their benchmark. The only reason they are doing it is because if they don't ETFs will take away a majority of their business.
    Nov 7, 2014. 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Portfolio That Is S.M.A.R.T. [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, it is true some alternative ETFs are not for the average investor. However, QAI uses a multi-strategy approach to select the underlying ETF holdings.
    Nov 6, 2014. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Portfolio That Is S.M.A.R.T. [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. As the historical performance chart has shown the portfolio outperformed a portfolio with a similar asset allocation. However, my portfolio did have a higher volatility than the portfolio I compared it to, therefore, the portfolio might be more volatile during times of instability.
    Nov 6, 2014. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Building A Portfolio That Is S.M.A.R.T. [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. You could still own a muni-bond fund in an IRA, yes you don't get the added benefits in an IRA, however the yield is still higher than the 10-year treasury, and has an intermediate duration. Depending on how much you want to diversify, yes you could choose the Vanguard Total Bond ETF, or you can go tactical picking a specific bond sector like: muni, corporate, government, etc.
    Nov 6, 2014. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • On the hour [View news story]
    They have the wrong day, today is not April fools day lol.
    Oct 31, 2014. 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For McDonald's Potential Acquisition Of Chipotle: If You Can't Beat Them..Buy Them [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. As as I said in my article, MCD could have some CMG products on its menu, giving the public a higher quality product that MCD lacks on its menus. The goal of this article is not to make money lol, if you think im writing to have $14 worth of page views (eyeballs) for hours of work, you are way off.
    Oct 25, 2014. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the comment. I don't have a bias because of my education, come on get real. I just don't believe it right for someone to say "Why do I want to pay CMG prices for "peasant food" beans, rice and tortillas." That statement puts down minorities, and poor individuals.
    Oct 25, 2014. 10:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @alphaurbish1 There will be NO racist remarks in my articles. I have reported your comment for deletion.
    Oct 24, 2014. 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for your comment, as I said in my article CMG could be an independent entity underneath the MCD umbrella.
    Oct 24, 2014. 01:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the comment. As I stated I think a combination of Stock & debt would be the best option for MCD to finance and potential acquisition. Owners of CMG might like 22% premium to its current price. Also, they may like the idea of getting cash & MCD stock.
    Oct 24, 2014. 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the comment. Yes MCD did spin-off CMG. The way I look at it, MCD could buy CMG and bring it back under the McDonalds umbrella just like Kinder Morgan did with units that it spun off. Kinder Morgan bought back units it spun off at a significantly higher price, so I don't really see a problem with MCD buying CMG at a higher price.

Here is the plan:

-Leave CMG Management intact and operating as its own subsidiary of MCD.
    -Add some CMG menu options at existing MCD Locations.
    -Replace serial under-performing McDonald's Locations with Chipotle.
    Oct 24, 2014. 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Excess Return Of Outstanding Catastrophe Bonds Shrinks To New Low [View article]
    Thank you for the information Steve, Much appreciated. I will look at the Stone Ridge Asset Management mutual funds.
    Oct 24, 2014. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    How/where can an investor buy/sell catastrophe bonds?
    Oct 23, 2014. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Many Subscription Rights Do You Think There Are? [View article]
    Paul, great article, Just wondering your thoughts on the large run up in the stock.

I think the large run up is a mini short squeeze, due to the issuing of the rights and after the rights offering is completed on November 5th, I think the stock will resume its strong downward trend leading up to its earnings in late November.
    Oct 22, 2014. 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM to make 'major announcement,' release earnings Monday morning [View news story]
    The globalfoundaries deal, I dont think is "major" since it as been known that they were trying to unload the business.

If I had to guess it is there are buying EMC, because HP & EMC ended merger talks, maybe IBM gave a better price? EMC + Large stake in VMW.
    Oct 19, 2014. 09:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment