Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Adding Corporate Profits To The Market Cap-GDP Ratio [View article]
    No problem
    Aug 27 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Triangle Capital to pay an extra nickel dividend [View news story]
    They priced the secondary at $26.85, and the price is currently at $27.10, so the price is already back above the offering price. TCAP is a business development company and when they need more funds to invest is companies they can either: Issue Debt, Preferred Stock, or issue new shares. That is just the way BDCs work.

I am LONG (NYSE:TCAP)
    Aug 27 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Adding Corporate Profits To The Market Cap-GDP Ratio [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I created a chart that shows the market cap-to gdp ratio with 10 year treasury rates factored in. Surprising that we are still be 2007, and still significantly below 2000. But with rates set to rise next year that could be changing.

Aug 26 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Coming Rise Of Volatility In Low Volatility ETFs [View article]
    Very good article, SPLV is my 3rd largest holding, and the large allocation to Utilities has started to worry me with rates potentially rising, and alternative energy sources like solar taking revenue away from utilities. I consider SPLV a bond replacement fund, and I am reluctant to sell because even with the allocation to utilities, it is a diversified fund, which has more growth prospects than bond ETFs do.

In a article I wrote last year I found the best combination of ETFs to provide low volatility and downside protection was a 50/50 allocation to SPLV, and VQT. VQT dynamically allocates between Stocks, Volatility, and Cash. If you look at a chart of VQT and the SPY, you can see at times when the SPY took a large dive VQT profited because of its allocation to Volatility.

Aug 25 08:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Credit Default Swap ETFs Are Not Worth The Risk [View article]
    Thank you for the information. I know my analogy is not exact, the point I was making was that WYDE should increase when there is fear in the bond market of defaults, just like the VIX increases when there is "fear" in the stock market.
    Aug 25 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Credit Default Swap ETFs Are Not Worth The Risk [View article]
    Where did you get the data from for CDX prices in 2008, and 2011? I wrote an article and likened WYDE to the following:

WYDE is to High Yield Bonds

as

The VIX is to Stocks

Aug 25 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Bidding War For Tim Hortons? [View article]
    @jmbar I dont know why you are boycotting something that is perfectly legal?

If you dont like tax inversions, In November please vote out your current congressman/woman if they dont support corporate tax reform to change the inversion laws.
    Aug 25 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Bidding War For Tim Hortons? [View article]
    What is your opinion on how BKW would pay for the deal, because according to Morningstar BKW has $905 million in cash, which would mean BKW would have to come up with rough $7 billion. I would think after today's massive move in the stock they would issue BKW stock to THI shareholders to pay for the deal. They might issue some debt as well, however I believe this is less likely since $2.86 billion in debt.
    Aug 25 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobel Prize Winner Shiller Is Damaging His Reputation With CAPE Ratio Talk [View article]
    While many people deserve a Nobel Prize, it astounds me how for instance Obama got the Nobel Peace prize.
    Aug 22 11:30 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market At New Highs, Go Bear Hunting: Sears Holdings [View article]
    Do you know that Sears has been selling property which has caused the amount of property shown on the balance sheet to decrease.
    Aug 22 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market At New Highs, Go Bear Hunting: Sears Holdings [View article]
    Here is a SA news story on SHLD, sounds bad!

Aug 21 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market At New Highs, Go Bear Hunting: Sears Holdings [View article]
    Some highlights from the quarter:

-Lower Revenues YOY
    -SG&A Increased
    -Margins Decreased over 3%
    Aug 21 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quiet Excellence For This Dividend ETF [View article]
    Substitute the WisdomTree Dividend ex-Financials ETF (NYSEARCA:DTN), an just like that you have out-performance!
    Aug 20 09:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Aggregate Index Too Heavy In Treasuries? [View article]
    In March 2014, I wrote an article for ETF ideas I had and one of them was creating an ETF that was the Aggregate Index without treasuries.

Aug 20 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ballmer steps down from Microsoft's board [View news story]
    We love Paul Allen here in Portland, he is a great! owner.
    Aug 19 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment