Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: PetSmart [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. The article is a combination valuation & Technicals, and the purpose of the series is to find stocks that will outperform in the long-term[Greater than 1 year period]. While I might be early, long-term after the recent decline I think shares provide good value long-term.
    Jan 26 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: International Game Technology [View article]
    Thank you for your comments, from what I could see it looked like the traditional businesses of IGT slowed while social and online gaming rose, I highlighted this in my "Risks" section but I didn't expect a 15%+ decline. The goal of the series is to select "long-term" undervalued stocks, so yes in the short-term things are not the best but long-term I think IGT will perform good.
    Jan 25 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Buffett Gone Mad? Berkshire Hathaway Founder Steps Up A $1B For College Basketball [View article]
    @phillip Marlowe that is the most left field theory I have ever heard of. #areyouserious Sounds to me like your not a sports guy lol.
    Jan 24 04:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I won the bracket challenge I play in last year, i'd take $100K for being top 20
    Jan 24 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I saw this the other day, I cant wait to sign up.
    Jan 24 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Distorted AUM Growth Makes WisdomTree Investments Vulnerable To The Downside [View article]
    Thank you for your reply, I initiated my long position in WETF 2 weeks ago, so I got in afterwards.
    Jan 23 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think the trend of investors using ETFs over mutual funds will continue to increase. If you look at mutual funds which has similar performance to DXJ like:

Matthews Japan Fund Investor Class (MJFOX): Exp Ratio: 1.20%
    Fidelity® Japan Smaller Companies Fund (FJSCX): Exp Ratio: 1.01%

Then you come to DXJ which has an expense ratio of 0.48%. Bringing the question up, why would any investor pay more for the same returns, and that question is what will be the driver for AUM growth for ETF firms. The more investors that realize they are getting charged more will switch.

Also Wisdom Tree has some products in its pipeline: http://bit.ly/1mxiBvH

Long: WETF
    Jan 23 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 ETF Portfolio With Near Zero SPY Correlation [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, no one is always 100% correct, at the time gold & silver which make up DBP were significantly higher than they are now, and interest rates were still trending downward. Also, Zero correlation means that the portfolio is designed not to move either way with market action.
    Jan 20 08:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETFs Are Not What You Think They Are [View article]
    You bring up some valid point but it also would have been nice to see the returns for double/triple LONG funds in this bull market were in.

Also, your statement of "The core problem is that these instruments sound like a good idea. But they just aren't." is not quite correct. Your statement is correct when your talking about someone who is INVESTING, but for someone who is TRADING on a short-term basis as the products are designed for then your statement does not apply.

Also, almost every fund page states an example like the following for SH: "This Short ProShares ETF seeks a return that is -1x the return of an index or other benchmark (target) for a SINGLE DAY, as measured from one NAV calculation to the next. Due to the compounding of daily returns, ProShares' returns over periods other than one day will likely differ in amount and possibly direction from the target return for the same period."

It spells it out pretty simply that the product has risks if you hold it long-term. Simply put "Know what you own"
    Jan 20 10:50 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    @Gene Thomas thank you for the comments, I just try to do my best, no one is ever correct 100% of the time. As far as the harsh comments, I wouldn't write articles if I couldnt take harsh comments.
    Jan 19 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    @sml_D_Roses thank you for the comment, and I will post the results at the end of this year.
    Jan 18 10:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: International Game Technology [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, i agree with your assessment.
    Jan 14 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hedged Dividend Investing: The Best Strategy You've Never Heard Of? [View article]
    As I stated above, not that difficult, buy a ETF with a built in hedge to protect against rising rates, or a stock dividend ETF and buy an non-leveraged inverse bond ETF.
    Jan 13 10:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What are your thoughts on Hedged bond ETFs, Negative duration bond ETFs, or Zero Duration ETFs like the ones listed below which hedge bond positions for example with short-positions in various treasury bonds.

-WisdomTree BofA Merrill Lynch High Yield Bond Negative Duration ETF (HYND)

-WisdomTree Barclays U.S. Aggregate Bond Negative Duration ETF (AGND)

-WisdomTree BofA Merrill Lynch High Yield Bond Zero Duration ETF (HYZD)

-WisdomTree Barclays U.S. Aggregate Bond Zero Duration ETF (AGZD)

-ProShares High Yield-Interest Rate Hedged ETF (HYHG)
    Jan 12 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Efficient Was Your 2013 Commodity Exposure? [View article]
    Good article but the commodity ETF you use for Oil, and Natural gas are the wrong choice because they are not good products. If you use United States 12 Month Natural Gas ETF, LP (UNL), and United States 12 Month Oil ETF (USL). The data for those will be much closer to the futures price than USO and UNG.
    Jan 9 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment