Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    Thank you for making your point. Also, I pointed out for MDR: "With the preferred stock, and senior notes offering MDR has a CHANCE to shore up its business, but that is counteracted by lower oil prices, which makes oil & gas projects that MDR serves less economically viable."

Basically I was trying to say that the recent capital raise gives them a chance to succeed in their turnaround, but oil prices are a headwind to that turnaround.
    Oct 8, 2014. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    Thank you for all your comments. Candidate does not mean you have to chose them, my article is just a starting point. My statements are not defamatory, anyone can run a stock screen that looks for similar characteristics, that is public information, nothing wrong with that. Also, I looked at the options after you mentioned it, and noticed that on Sep 24 Jan 2015 $7 call volume was 5113 vs open interest of 431, and price then was $6.10, and has since gone straight down. So, unusual call buying occurred at a even higher price, So I dont put much stock in unusual options activity.
    Oct 8, 2014. 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    @Gout Attack thank you for the comment. First of all I said I MAY buy puts, NOT anticipate. I also said, MCP has to break out above its short-term downward trend BEFORE testing $2. I just checked my chart with todays close, MCP closed right on the line, so tomorrow will be an important day, if the stock closes above the line tomorrow, then yes I believe MCP will test the $2 level in the coming weeks. However, If MCP does not close above this level then I believe shares could reverse and retest the lows.

If I do buy puts, I will post on here for everyone to see. As of now I am waiting to see what happens. The reason I said MAY is I want to see if MCP gets above its short-term downtrend, or fails to get above.
    Oct 8, 2014. 05:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    @Trade in Mexico, Thank you for the comments, I will direct you towards my disclaimer, and the phrase under the Seeking Alpha Logo: "Read, Decide, Invest". Just because I wrote something doesn't mean you have to follow it, it is up to the investor to gather all information and then decide, not just blindly follow someone. Also, I wrote in closing "In closing I believe both Molycorp & McDermott are WORTHY OF FURTHER RESEARCH" Meaning this article is just a starting point for investors.

I was not comparing MDR to MCP, I just had the charts side by side to safe space, and NOT to compare to each other. I dont se anything wrong with screening for companies that have similar financial characteristics to GTAT.
    Oct 8, 2014. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    I am not going to even respond to such a rude comment. #ignore
    Oct 8, 2014. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Short Candidates: Molycorp And McDermott [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and the input on MCP options.
    Oct 8, 2014. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YUM! Brands misses by $0.02, misses on revenue [View news story]
    Only in this market can a stock miss EPS estimates, Revenues and cut estimates and RISE afterhours lol.
    Oct 7, 2014. 10:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    The stock was Halted so no your buy order would not be filled on the way down. When the stock reopened it was lower than the $8.74 order which is programmed to buy when shares are at that level or lower. Since the price reopened at significantly lower levels than the $8.74, that is why it was executed then.
    Oct 6, 2014. 11:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 2: Priceline And F5 Networks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree with you that PCLN has very strong fundamentals.
    Oct 6, 2014. 08:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 2: Priceline And F5 Networks [View article]
    In my post I meant to Say SUPPORT not resistance lol.
    Oct 6, 2014. 07:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    I did not include any legal costs in my calculation. That will move the value down even further.
    Oct 6, 2014. 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Free Cash Flow Champions Part 2: Priceline And F5 Networks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I expect the growth in PCLN to continue, however shares have been under pressure as have most other momentum stocks. As long as PCLN continues growing its FCF, and acquiring quality internet properties, then long-term shares are undervalued.

In the short term I would watch the $1100 level which has been a resistance level where shares have bounced off of twice. If shares continue downward and make a meaningful break below $1100 on large volume that would be a red flag that there could be further downside. However, if shares can hold that $1100 level and start moving higher again, then shares could be poised for some short-term upside.

Just depends on your timeframe, and expectations that PCLN will be able to continue growth in the future.
    Oct 6, 2014. 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Shares closed today @ $0.82 which is very close to what I figured this morning right after the news broke.
    Oct 6, 2014. 04:32 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Cash $85 million, Raw Materials $99.9 million,Finished Goods $2.4 million, Prop Plant & Equip $611.5, all of that together totals $798.8 million, I then subtracted $393.5 million in current liabilities + LT Debt of $ 294.2 million, which left $111.1 million divided by the shares outstanding of 136.6 million gives $0.81/share.
    Oct 6, 2014. 02:11 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    I looked at the option activity on Friday and nothing really stood out except someone bought 3198 $11 November puts, and there was open interest of 9155 contracts. Besides that I saw nothing else as far as option activity on Friday. Those contracts purchased at a price around $145/contract are now worth about $1015/contract so whoever that was has a nice $2.7 million gain on value of the option contracts.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment