Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree with you that Apple has a ton of potential and depending on the Success of future iphone/ipad models and Apple pay over the next three years, I agree that $170 is within reach.
    Feb 19, 2015. 01:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree, even with Apple at all-time highs they still have more upside.
    Feb 19, 2015. 01:22 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I'm bullish on Apple as well, just not to the tune of $216/share.
    Feb 19, 2015. 01:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. This article was one of biggest undertakings, and I have to make sure I give props to the SA editors who gave some critical as well as helpful feedback.
    Feb 19, 2015. 01:01 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Also, please watch this bloomberg Video, and start at the 9:30 Mark. Looking young is a challenge.

Feb 19, 2015. 12:59 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marriott International: A Potential Short Squeeze Play [View article]
    Marriott reported earnings today after the close with a Earnings and Revenue beat.

Feb 18, 2015. 05:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    Berkshire released their 13F yesterday after the close and the stock that had the largest percentage increase was Deere (DE). I looked at the momentum and it was positive, therefore I would expect Deere to outperform the market over the next six months.
    Feb 18, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    @JohnCavender, I would have used a longer period but the data for 13F filings from Whalewisdom only goes back 2 years, and because I was using a momentum strategy I wanted to use a shorter period and that is why I chose six months.
    Feb 18, 2015. 10:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Marriott International: A Potential Short Squeeze Play [View article]
    According to my charts, the shares broke out of the channel today, and since the time of writing of this article shares are up significantly. Earnings are tomorrow, and if the stock has strong earnings, It will be interesting to see if the stock moves higher, or if the earnings have been priced in and the stock stalls out.
    Feb 17, 2015. 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Value Play Of The Year: Helmerich & Payne [View article]
    Congrats on the nice gain in that short of time.
    Feb 17, 2015. 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Constructing A Globally Diversified Low Volatility Portfolio [View article]
    @ Steve & @fatpitch2, I did not compare my portfolio to any of the funds you mentioned because they have only been around a short period.

From Decemeber 11th which was the start date for GAA, I found the total returns for GAA, GMOM, EFFE, and my portfolio to be:

GAA: +1.54% W/ 6.60% Volatility
    GMOM: +2.96% W/ 7.40% Volatility
    EFFE: +4.17% W/6.70% Volatility
    My portfolio: +2.80% W/5.70% Volatility

Return/Volatility for each

GAA: 0.23
    GMOM: 0.40
    EFFE: 0.62
    My Portfolio: 0.49

Based on these extremely short-term results, out of GAA, GMOM, and EFFE, EFFE has the best risk adjusted returns. These funds have not been through a significant market decline so it is completely unknown how they will fare in a down market.
    Feb 13, 2015. 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Constructing A Globally Diversified Low Volatility Portfolio [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. The only Vanguard Mutual fund that I could find that was balanced was Vanguard Balanced Index Fund Inv (VBINX). However, that fund only owns US stocks and bonds. On ETFreplay.com they have VBINX, and the BlackRock Global Allocation Fund Inst (MALOX) to compare ETF portfolios to and I compared my portfolio to MALOX since MALOX owns both US equities & Fixed income as well as Foreign equities and fixed income.

Results:

My Portfoio: 14.4% return WITH 5.2% volatility
    MALOX: 11.0% return WITH 7.1% volatility
    Feb 12, 2015. 02:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Stock Picker Establishing An ETF Portfolio: My Plans For A Roth IRA [View article]
    @ Joseph Harry, I just wrote an article on a globally diversified low volatility portfolio that you might be interested in looking at.

Feb 12, 2015. 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    @Roger Clinton Thank you for the comment.
    Feb 11, 2015. 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    @User 18362172 I have no idea what you are looking at but if you look on the left hand side of the page of the link I gave you, it shows momentum!all by itself, and there is no subcategories for momentum listed on the page so I have no idea what you are looking at.

Here is the description:

"The Momentum study measures the velocity of price changes for a fixed time interval. Momentum is measured by subtracting the price at the beginning of the interval from the latest price."
    Feb 11, 2015. 04:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment