Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Retirement Strategy: There Are Dividend Aristocrats That May Be Bad For Your Health [View article]
    Long-Story short, MCD can't continue increasing its dividend at its current pace.
    Jul 22, 2015. 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great article, In a article I wrote in May I covered whether I believe MCD can maintain its dividend.

Jul 22, 2015. 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Hot Diggity Dogs Of The Dow [View article]
    @unbridled, Thank you for the comment. For a premium service I would have to be more active and have more picks rather than 2x a year to add value for subscribers.

If you are interested I have a subscription service focused on Dividend-Growth stocks of all sizes. Here is the link below:

Jul 22, 2015. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy - Buy When There's Blood In The Streets [View article]
    Could you share the link?
    Jul 21, 2015. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I am not exactly sure if someone would buy them. If LINE were to go bankrupt, I believe Quantum partners has the potential to buy assets from LINE, but that is just my opinion. As fare as someone else buying them the deal is not appealing because of the massive debt they have. Even for the large oil companies, it is a stretch that they would want to take on $10 billion more in debt.
    Jul 20, 2015. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy - Buy When There's Blood In The Streets [View article]
    Don't be lured to LINE for its yield, because LINE has a extremely high debt/market cap ratio, LINE bonds are trading at their lows, institutions sold alot of shares of LINE in the 1st quarter and the technical outlook for LINE is poor.

My article published last week goes through all these issues.

Also...

Achilles Research TipRanks Ranking: "Ranked #4,383 out of 4,489 bloggers"
    Jul 20, 2015. 07:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Come On, Let's Face It, Linn Energy Is A Steal At $9 [View article]
    I just wrote an article on LINE this week,

Some data:

-Highest Debt/Market Cap
    -Bonds are trading at their lows
    -Institutions have sold a large amount of shares
    -Dividend has been cut before and could be cut again
    -Technical Outlook is poor.

For the bearish perspective:

Jul 19, 2015. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Did you report your evidence and proof of "Brokers allowed short sales of imaginary shares" to the SEC?
    Jul 18, 2015. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    If you are accusing me of trying to drive the price down you are wrong. I have never had a position in LINE, I currently have no Position in LINE, and I have no plans to have a position in LINE. Please get your facts straight before you make accusations like you made.
    Jul 18, 2015. 10:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @jcdevries Thank you for the comments. Yes it is possible that LINE could refinance its debt, however if they do the interest rate will be significantly higher than when it is now and take away more away from earnings if they have to pay out significantly more on interest payments. Unlike LINE the U.S. is not in danger of its credit rating being downgraded and the interest that the U.S. pays is significantly lower than anything LINE would ever get.
    Jul 18, 2015. 12:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comments Gene, you bring up alot of great points. I looked at the short-interest here: http://bit.ly/16KlWiM
    and found that short-interest was near the lowest levels of this year and the stock has still fallen. This tells me that shorts have been pilling in over the last couple weeks and it will be interesting to see if this is true when short interest has its mid month update.
    Jul 17, 2015. 01:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Ted,

Great comment and you get the big picture. LINE has 90% of oil hedged for 2015 and only 65% for 2016. The hedge is the only thing that is keeping the company afloat and when a large chunk of that hedge comes off at the end of this year and oil prices have not increased significantly, then LINE will almost certainly have to decrease its dividend in my opinion.
    Jul 17, 2015. 01:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @Scooter-Pop, That was a special case during the financial crisis. Bonds are at the top of credit ladder for payments in the event of bankruptcy, common stockholders are last, therefore I believe bonds are the better choice if someone wants to get into LINE.
    Jul 16, 2015. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @Furma Thank you for the comment, I agree with you that if someone really wants to dive into LINE, the better Value is the Bonds.
    Jul 16, 2015. 08:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. Midstream companies have been in a downtrend, however, in the specific case of MMP, they has increased their dividend every quarter except for during the financial crisis when they maintained their dividend. A lower price is just a better entry point for high quality companies like MMP.
    Jul 16, 2015. 05:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment