Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    I just added a new benefit to my premium research Service on Seeking Alpha. It is my "Siren Song Dividend List" Which is a list of dividend stocks to avoid and not be lured to. *HINT* LINE & LNCO are on the list.

Jul 29, 2015. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bloomberg: Square confidentially files for IPO (updated) [View news story]
    Thank you for your interesting insight. If Paypal left everything the same with square I think customers would stay.
    Jul 25, 2015. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bloomberg: Square confidentially files for IPO (updated) [View news story]
    Should PayPal buy Square?
    Jul 25, 2015. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Small-Cap ETF With Big Dividend Growth Potential [View article]
    If you want a better Small-Cap dividend-growth ETF, the largest small-cap dividend ETF is (DES), and another small-cap ETF (DGRS) that focuses on dividend-growth as well is better than SMDV.

DGRS & DES have:

-More assets
    -Lower Spreads
    -Cheaper expense ratios
    -Higher Dividend yields

You picked the worst of the small-Cap dividend ETFs.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: There Are Dividend Aristocrats That May Be Bad For Your Health [View article]
    I don't interpret it as a dividend cut, I interpret it as they are going to allocate significant capital to new healthy menu items, and other healthy/growth initiatives, which in turn which leave less cash available for dividend-growth.
    Jul 23, 2015. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes you are correct, I modeled for slowing earnings growth. The dividend-growth rate has significantly exceeds earnings growth and thus the payout ratio will continue to rise if the current rate of dividend-growth is maintained. The only way to avoid a significantly rising payout ratio is either slower dividend-growth or higher earnings growth. The prospects for higher earnings growth are challenging.
    Jul 23, 2015. 01:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed, MCD has been a star dividend-growth company in the past but going forward they can not maintain the current dividend growth rate. In my article for my premium service I noted that by 2019, if MCD keeps up its current dividend growth rate, its payout ratio would exceed 100%. Therefore, MCD dividend-growth will be likely slowing over the next 5 years.

Jul 23, 2015. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Long-Story short, MCD can't continue increasing its dividend at its current pace.
    Jul 22, 2015. 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great article, In a article I wrote in May I covered whether I believe MCD can maintain its dividend.

Jul 22, 2015. 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Hot Diggity Dogs Of The Dow [View article]
    @unbridled, Thank you for the comment. For a premium service I would have to be more active and have more picks rather than 2x a year to add value for subscribers.

If you are interested I have a subscription service focused on Dividend-Growth stocks of all sizes. Here is the link below:

Jul 22, 2015. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy - Buy When There's Blood In The Streets [View article]
    Could you share the link?
    Jul 21, 2015. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I am not exactly sure if someone would buy them. If LINE were to go bankrupt, I believe Quantum partners has the potential to buy assets from LINE, but that is just my opinion. As fare as someone else buying them the deal is not appealing because of the massive debt they have. Even for the large oil companies, it is a stretch that they would want to take on $10 billion more in debt.
    Jul 20, 2015. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy - Buy When There's Blood In The Streets [View article]
    Don't be lured to LINE for its yield, because LINE has a extremely high debt/market cap ratio, LINE bonds are trading at their lows, institutions sold alot of shares of LINE in the 1st quarter and the technical outlook for LINE is poor.

My article published last week goes through all these issues.

Also...

Achilles Research TipRanks Ranking: "Ranked #4,383 out of 4,489 bloggers"
    Jul 20, 2015. 07:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Come On, Let's Face It, Linn Energy Is A Steal At $9 [View article]
    I just wrote an article on LINE this week,

Some data:

-Highest Debt/Market Cap
    -Bonds are trading at their lows
    -Institutions have sold a large amount of shares
    -Dividend has been cut before and could be cut again
    -Technical Outlook is poor.

For the bearish perspective:

Jul 19, 2015. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Did you report your evidence and proof of "Brokers allowed short sales of imaginary shares" to the SEC?
    Jul 18, 2015. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment