Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • How Obamacare Could Harm Growth In 2014, Part III [View article]
    Great article!! I have followed your series of them so far and look forward to your upcoming articles. The ACA is horrible for businesses, and employees, and companies are preparing now for 2014 when a large portion of the ACA is implemented. The ACA has stealthy improved the BLS Unemployment rate.

An Example: Say someone is working 40 hours per week, and because of the ACA the business cuts their hours down to 25 per week. So that employee needing to make up for the lost hours takes a SECOND job to make up for the lost hours. Now on the employment report that person is COUNTED TWICE, thus inflating the number of people employed, because I'm pretty sure the BLS survey does not take into account people with multiple jobs.

Just a couple thoughts on the subject.

Can't wait for this:

Mar 19, 2013. 12:08 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobel Prize Winner Shiller Is Damaging His Reputation With CAPE Ratio Talk [View article]
    While many people deserve a Nobel Prize, it astounds me how for instance Obama got the Nobel Peace prize.
    Aug 22, 2014. 11:30 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Cash $85 million, Raw Materials $99.9 million,Finished Goods $2.4 million, Prop Plant & Equip $611.5, all of that together totals $798.8 million, I then subtracted $393.5 million in current liabilities + LT Debt of $ 294.2 million, which left $111.1 million divided by the shares outstanding of 136.6 million gives $0.81/share.
    Oct 6, 2014. 02:11 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • By a 75-24 margin, the Senate has passed a non-binding vote of approval for a bill allowing states to collect sales taxes from online retailers with $1M+  in annual sales and no presence within a given state's borders. The margin of victory suggests a filibuster shouldn't be a problem when a binding vote is made. Amazon (AMZN) and eBay (EBAY) have already begun collecting in a number of large states, and many investors have already assumed collections will expand in time. (previous[View news story]
    I live in Oregon and we have no sales tax. So no!! to more taxes!! enough taxes already.
    Mar 24, 2013. 03:54 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for sharing your experience, it was very enlightening, and I really liked your point that "smart people listened to what I said and not who I was."
    His comment didn't make me feel down on myself, it was just disrespectful was all.I always have a good laugh, cause i'll look 25 when I'm 50 lol.
    Feb 19, 2015. 02:01 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. This article was one of biggest undertakings, and I have to make sure I give props to the SA editors who gave some critical as well as helpful feedback.
    Feb 19, 2015. 01:01 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Obama wants action to halt the rush of U.S. companies moving abroad [View news story]
    Ben Franklin: "If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both."
    Jul 16, 2014. 08:47 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Wow!! I did not see that one coming.
    Oct 6, 2014. 10:20 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons The S&P 500 Could Fall 20% By The End Of 2013 [View article]
    I would say thank you for your comment, but you mention nothing about the specifics of my article, and have a bad tone.

Also,For your information I started writing the article yesterday, and in the article I am looking forward to the medium term [8-12 months] not just extremely short term.
    Feb 21, 2013. 03:14 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Also, please watch this bloomberg Video, and start at the 9:30 Mark. Looking young is a challenge.

Feb 19, 2015. 12:59 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing This Yo-Yo Market [View article]
    Great article, and great advice. I agree having cash for a rainy day to pick up quality names, and having exposure to large cap quality balance sheet names like AAPL, and GILD is good as well because those names are the last stocks investors will sell during a market panic. I also love the term "yo-yo market" I think that one will stick.
    Oct 9, 2014. 11:34 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Shares closed today @ $0.82 which is very close to what I figured this morning right after the news broke.
    Oct 6, 2014. 04:32 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    Doing a quick liquidation value calculation I came up with $0.80/share, If I had to guess it would be somewhere around there.
    Oct 6, 2014. 10:50 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This New Budget Proposal May Limit Your Annual Retirement Income [View article]
    I agree with you DG that $9 billion over 10 years is a waste of time.

This is how the government looks at a problem, they ask them selves: should we concentrate on something with political motivation behind it, in this case large Retirement accounts because that is what an argument against Romney was in the last election.

OR

Should we be concentrating on something like the $60 billion per year ($600 billion over 10 years) in Medicare/SS/Disability fraud.

Lets see $9 billion vs $600 billion, seems like an easy choice to anyone with any common sense, but because the $9 billion was linked to an political issue in the last election, that is why they are focusing on it. There decision is politically motivated regardless of political party affiliation, they are a few members of congress that actually "work for the people" and not for their political party whose only goal is re-election to maintain power.

I think alot of our problems could be fixed if we could have term limits for members of congress, and members were not worried about seeking re-election over and over.
    Apr 8, 2013. 11:38 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Team Alpha Retirement Portfolio: Dividend Investing Vs. Annuity Purchasing [View article]
    I agree Dividend investing is the way to go. I have my ira and it holds:

MLP ETF (AMLP)
    Low Volatility Stock ETF (SPLV)
    Foreign Div Stock ETF (DGS)
    Upper Quality High Yield Bond ETF (PHB)
    Business Development Company (TCAP)
    Fertilizer MLP (RNF)
    Foreign Corp Bond ETF (HYEM)
    Laddered Treasury ETF (PLW)

Overall my portfolio yields around 4.50% per year, and has shown good capital appreciation as well, so I am very pleased.
    Mar 2, 2013. 10:34 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment