Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • To Manage Rising Rates, Consider Benching Your Benchmark [View article]
    Good informative article, for my fixed income allocation I have:

Pimco Total Return ETF (BOND)
    Market Vectors Investment Grade Floating Rate Bond ETF (FLTR)
    PowerShares Fundamental HY Corporate Bond Portfolio ETF (PHB)

-I own BOND because its a actively managed "go anywhere" bond fund.

-I own FLTR because it is floating rate fund, so that minimizes duration risk in a rising rate environment.

- I own PHB which is HY but it skews towards higher credit quality of the HY spectrum and screens the fundamentals of the underlying companies.
    Aug 15, 2013. 12:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lithium Stocks That Could Explode [View article]
    I will take a look at them also.
    Jul 19, 2013. 02:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lithium Stocks That Could Explode [View article]
    Thank you for the info I will look into them.
    Jul 19, 2013. 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lithium Stocks That Could Explode [View article]
    Great article, lots of great information. I did have one question: Do you know what companie[s] are working on Solar Paint? Which are publicly traded?
    Jul 18, 2013. 04:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: SodaStream International [View article]
    I personally know zero people that get their groceries home delivered.
    Jul 17, 2013. 04:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Himax Technologies [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. As I stated at the beginning of my article: "the potential to move higher in the long-term. " Key word Long-term, so the day to day doesn't matter as much to the long-term investor. I merely pointed out that since shares have fallen alot since the highs this might be an opportunity to pick up shares for the long-term at a discount to where they have been trading this year.
    Jun 25, 2013. 12:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Himax Technologies [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I disagree with your comment. Where is your proof/valuation that the value is $1/share, or did you just randomly throw that number out there? I'd like to see the model your using to get a $1/share price?
    Jun 22, 2013. 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Permanent Portfolio For The 21st Century [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I'm not saying me or anyone can predict the future. You give examples of how you "perfectly" timed the market over the last decade.

When you say "But will implore you NOT to do the same" are you trying to say I cant express myself, or post my opinions, but its OK for you to post your opinion because you view it more correct? Everyone is free to post their opinions.

I am NOT saying that my portfolio is perfect but I believe it is better than PRPFX, and PERM, which the data has shown.

It easy for you to criticize my portfolio, when you don't give any suggestion for a ETF portfolio of your own.

AGAIN I issue the challenge, if you don't like my portfolio, COME UP WITH A BETTER ONE, post it here! so others can see and in 4 months people can CONGRATULATE you on a job well done, or CRITICIZE you.
    Jun 21, 2013. 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Himax Technologies [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. It has been red because of the largest shareholder selling all their shares @ a steep discount to where the price was at, and they closed the selling yesterday.

Jun 20, 2013. 02:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It Is Not Different This Time - It Is Worse [View article]
    I cant find a link to it, but on CNBC yesterday they had a chart comparing the stock market to QE, and it was almost an exact copy of each other.
    Jun 20, 2013. 01:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock Of The Week: Himax Technologies [View article]
    The raised the dividend on Monday, and I had submitted my article before the dividend increase was announced.
    Jun 20, 2013. 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Permanent Portfolio For The 21st Century [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I agree 4 months is to short.
    Jun 20, 2013. 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Permanent Portfolio For The 21st Century [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. Did you see my title create a NEW PP, which means I created a PP that would outperform PERM,PRPFX, and the Harry Browne PP. Since Feb 7th which was the date of my article:

My Portfolio: -5.3%
    PERM: -5.9%
    PRPFX: -5.8%
    Harry Browne: -3.4%

4 months is just a short sample size, and you criticizing my portfolio construction, I diversified by asset class, and yes sometimes assets classes get correlated but not always. You seem to know everything by the way you write your response.

SOOOO! I challenge you to respond back with a your version of a permanent portfolio of 5 ETF's. Then we will see from now until the end of the year who's does better!
    Jun 20, 2013. 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best ETFs For Dividend Growth Lack 'Dividend' In Their Names [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. In principle I agree with you, that financials hurt VIG and SDY, but the data shows a different story.

To test the theory I looked at the WisdomTree Dividend ex-Financials ETF (DTN) yearly dividend totals:

2012: 2.42
    2011: 1.64
    2010: 1.61
    2009: 1.26
    2008: 1.51
    2007: 1.54

So the data shows even for a Dividend ETF that excludes financials its payout was still cut in 2008, and 2009. To me this makes the feat of MGV,SCZ,KXI, and IGF all the more impressive I think.
    Jun 17, 2013. 08:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the information, I will look at IGF, after looking at IGF it also meets all my criteria, it must have slipped through the cracks, thank you for catching that. I don't know how I missed that one lol. But yes IGF meets all my criteria and goals, and should have been included, my bad.
    Jun 17, 2013. 01:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment