Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment David I'm glad you enjoyed the article. In the majority of my articles I like showing my process so t can be reviewed or repeated at a later date.
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An ETF To Capture The Cybersecurity Boom [View article]
    @JamesRussle, I was the first one to write an article on HACK and provide a deeper overview of the fund.

Apr 14, 2015. 02:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mallinckrodt: Strong Growth From Transformative Acquisitions Paying Off [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I am glad you enjoy my writing. As far as HZNP goes I have not done any research on the company or its products. I did see they did an acquisition of Hyperion. Being that HZNP is now an Irish headquartered company that gives them the ability to acquire more companies or be acquired themselves. Looking at the financials, revenues have increased significantly over the last 5 quarters, combined with its Irish status it looks worthy of further research.
    Apr 11, 2015. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Red Flags Regarding Solar3D's Technology, Acquisitions, And Evidence Of Paid Promotion [View article]
    Disclosure: I have a very very small Long position [1.29% of my portfolio] in SLTD.

There are a couple things I would like to point out:

-Companies Change Strategies or go into new businesses/markets all the time.

-SLTD as far as I can see has no control over what a third parties does.

-On April 1st [you wrote "I might short again later but right now I have no position"] You have been short before and if you have such high conviction behind this idea, based on your statement I see a higher than average possibility that you will short SLTD again sometime in the future.

-SLTD's recent acquisition MD Energy, just recieved a $2.4 million contract from the Rancho Mirage Public Library. There was no mention of this acquisition in your article at all.

-More quotes from Stock Twits:

@Rigamarole SAID:

"@ssandridge18 Ok. It stinks. Side bet for STFU rights. In 3 months if its above 5$ U msg me and say "I was wrong". If it's below 5$~ I'll pm"

YOUR RESPONSE:

"@Rigamarole Deal :) You might have to remind me if I forget though, probably wont be following this then."
    Apr 11, 2015. 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Companies To Hold For The Next 25 Years [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. The airlines of today are not the airlines of the past. With technology upgrades, and fuel efficient aircraft, airlines are able to now run more lean and have more profitability. Airlines are not going away, anytime soon.

As for the Nasdaq you pointed out bitcoin technology could make the Nasdaq exchange obsolete, and that I believe would never happen because of the incredibly amount of regulations that would be required, along with the vast amount of back room technology that would have to be put into place. Even if there were some remote possibility that your scenario would occur there is absolutely no way it would happen overnight.
    Apr 11, 2015. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Mid-Cap Stocks To Hold For The Next 25 Years [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and I appreciate your perspective because you work in the airline industry. I agree with your points that airlines as a whole and ALK specifically have been able to operate more efficiently than in the past. The combination of new technology, new fuel efficient aircraft, and low oil prices are a winning combination, and as I showed in my article, ALK has been able to significantly increase its operating margins because of those developments.
    Apr 10, 2015. 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Mid-Cap Stocks To Hold For The Next 25 Years [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I am glad you found my article helpful. I agree with you that the entry point matters over the long-term. For stocks that I plan on holding for a long period of time and pay a dividend, I expect them at a bare minimum to be able to keep their dividend stable,and SLW and SQM have not been able to do so.
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Mid-Cap Stocks To Hold For The Next 25 Years [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I chose the 25 year time period because the article I was providing a rebuttal to had a 25 year time-frame.
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Companies To Hold For The Next 25 Years [View article]
    I wrote an article in rebuttal to this article, and my provided my own picks.

Apr 10, 2015. 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding Inflation-Fighting REITs Before The Fed Throws Its First Punch [View article]
    Good article, enjoyed the read. I would like to add Medical Properties Trust (MPW) to your list, they are a hospital REIT, and they have inflation provisions built into their contracts. Check out slide 27 of there investor presentation:

Disclosure: I have no positions in MPW, and have no plans to initiate a position.
    Apr 9, 2015. 03:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    @ Chris Lau, Part of the process of identifying stocks from my proposed dividend growth service is to stress dividends to that would weed out companies like RIG, SDRL, and BBEP.
    Apr 8, 2015. 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google is looking to solve expensive roaming charges [View news story]
    I wrote an article on the potential of Google Buying T-Mobile & Dish.

Apr 5, 2015. 01:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • STMicroelectronics Not Fit To Take On The Competition [View article]
    Just saw that STM is in the Galaxy S6, beating out Synaptics.

Apr 4, 2015. 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Dividend Growth Companies Poised To Beat Earnings In April [View article]
    @guy37 I just want to make sure you know that I am not giving a buy recommendation, only bringing to readers attention each stock that are worth looking into deeper.

Disclaimer: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 2, 2015. 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, but I have to disagree with your assessment of technical analysis. For the service I would look at long-term technical charts, and the analysis I would use would NOT "generate signals". Technical analysis is only one of the four "arrows" in the quiver I would use in analyzing stocks, and out of the four factors of: Dividend Growth, Fundamentals, Valuation, and technical Analysis, Technical Analysis receives the least weight when considering a stock, but it is still important to consider.
    Apr 2, 2015. 01:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment