Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    I plan on posting a article about the performance of my Undervalued stock of the week series at the end of the year.
    Dec 20, 2013. 11:04 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, also you are CHERRY PICKING data.

TNH -34.77% since my article vs Fertilizer ETF (SOIL) -15.43% so I will give you that one.

Did you forget to mention HIMX up 147.80% since June when I wrote about it.

Looking at my Undervalued of the Week stock series:

Since June I have made 18 picks: 16/18 have had a positive return. Below are the results of my Undervalued stock of the week series so far:

SPY
    UNP Union Pacific Corp 7.25% 2.99%
    SWI SolarWinds 14.92% 0.79%
    HLS Healthsouth Corp -3.49% 0.37%
    OAS Oasis Petroleum 5.39% 0.29%
    Dec 20, 2013. 11:03 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Bubble Continues To Form In The Stock Market [View article]
    Great article, also be wary of economists/politicians etc in this upcoming quarter who tout the economy is growing great, because starting with the current quarter the way GDP is calculated was changed significantly by the government to inflate GDP. Below is the link to the article by a fellow SA author, and he lays out some interesting points.

I strongly believe the media will neglect to report that the increased GDP is from a new way of calculating GDP, which when combined with the stock market run we have had I believe will lead the retail investor back into the market with the feeling that its "safe now" and push the market higher to the bubble status you talked about, and then like all the last bubbles, when the public are the last investors in,that is the top of the bubble, and a fall in the market will ensue. In addition I believe the rise in the market I think has blinded many investors who forget we have nearly $17 trillion in debt, and massive funding gaps for entitlements, and those problems are not going away. Just my thoughts.

Aug 2, 2013. 11:43 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Takes Out Major Support: Next Stop $1,350 [View article]
    I dont know, but my article I had published today that is bullish on gold im almost certain has way less than this article.
    Apr 3, 2013. 08:55 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • By a 75-24 margin, the Senate has passed a non-binding vote of approval for a bill allowing states to collect sales taxes from online retailers with $1M+  in annual sales and no presence within a given state's borders. The margin of victory suggests a filibuster shouldn't be a problem when a binding vote is made. Amazon (AMZN) and eBay (EBAY) have already begun collecting in a number of large states, and many investors have already assumed collections will expand in time. (previous[View news story]
    I dont appreciate you calling me naive, I have a Bachelors degree in business and economics, I know what I'm talking about. I prefer to back up my claims with actual sources:

Using data from the Census Bureau:

Real Median Household Income 2008: $54,349
    Real Median Household Income 2011: $50,502

Data for 2012 will be released in Sep 2013.

Last time I did math, $50 Thousand is less than $54 thousand, so when you say "middle class has more dollars than they did when Obama took office." You are WRONG!!

Mar 24, 2013. 07:34 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are living in Obama's fantasy land if you think Obama is the best friend of the middle class. In the real world his policies and agenda are hurting the middle class.
    Mar 24, 2013. 06:19 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons The S&P 500 Could Fall 20% By The End Of 2013 [View article]
    Thank you for your comments. I agree with your points as well. If I had to make a guess, I think the correction would be less than 20% if there were none of the three Fiscal issues I outlined above. But that isn't the case, I really have very little belief that President Obama, or either party in congress can come together for a "Common sense" deal on the fiscal issues. Most likely more poor short-term fixes.
    Feb 21, 2013. 05:40 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Turbocharging These 2 Refiners [View article]
    Just because you lost money doesn't mean its a ponzi scheme.

An example: You bought 40 shares of AAPL at $700 in September, but it dropped to $450 at the end of January. So you would have lost $10000, so using your logic of losing money, AAPL is a ponzi scheme?

Obviously the answer is NO Apple is not a ponzi scheme, it was just the wrong time to buy.

Sounds like you just chose the wrong MLP to invest in, or bought it at the wrong time.

Still, do you have any real information, why MLP's in General are a ponzi scheme, or are you just speculating?
    Feb 10, 2013. 09:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    I looked at the option activity on Friday and nothing really stood out except someone bought 3198 $11 November puts, and there was open interest of 9155 contracts. Besides that I saw nothing else as far as option activity on Friday. Those contracts purchased at a price around $145/contract are now worth about $1015/contract so whoever that was has a nice $2.7 million gain on value of the option contracts.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Buffett Gone Mad? Berkshire Hathaway Founder Steps Up A $1B For College Basketball [View article]
    @phillip Marlowe that is the most left field theory I have ever heard of. #areyouserious Sounds to me like your not a sports guy lol.
    Jan 24, 2014. 04:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, I am talking about all cars,trucks in the US. Consumers are keeping there cars longer so as they get older they will need more parts etc. to maintain the performance of the car.
    Dec 20, 2013. 10:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MTUM: Profiting From The Madness Of Crowds [View article]
    I looked at this ETF and decided its name is a little misleading, after looking at its top holdings: JNJ, GILD,VZ,PEP,PG I would hardly characterize those at "Momentum stocks" I would go with the market leader in the momentum space which is the PowerShares DWA Momentum Portfolio ETF (PDP) whose top 5 holdings are: AAPL, STRZA, PCLN,ORLY, JBHT.

Disclosure: No positions in MTUM, PDP, or any of the stocks mentioned and no plans to initiate a position.
    Oct 14, 2013. 12:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Creating A Portfolio To Outperform Obamacare [View article]

1. IHF should continue to rise because the number of insured will be increasing under the ACA.

2. The relevance of the healthcare inflation index, is to use it as a benchmark.

3. The point I was making about biotechs is that they are researching amazing new products that yes contribute to medical inflation because of the high costs to develop, but those costs are passed on if a drug passes the FDA and is brought to market. So, I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of that.

ALSO!

I dont appreciate your condescending tone of "nameless author posting his unqualified opinion." You don't even have a bio. at least I have a name to my opinion, you are just some random comment troller.
    Aug 26, 2013. 04:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners: Investors With An Eye Only On The Sky Might Miss Something [View article]
    Wow! that was a great article. I am a shareholder of RNF, and you have given me lots to think about, i knew some of the information but not in the detail you gave. Thank you for the excellent article.
    Jun 17, 2013. 12:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Candidates For When The Tide Goes Out [View article]
    When someone writes a comment on one of my articles 99% of of the time I always say "Thank you for the comment" but your comment is rude and provides nothing to the topic of my article.

What do you think investors will dump first if there is a correction?

-AMD which is unprofitable and pays no dividend.
    -INTC which is profitable and pays a 3.71% dividend yield.
    May 9, 2013. 10:17 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment