Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Bakken Turbocharging These 2 Refiners [View article]
    Just because you lost money doesn't mean its a ponzi scheme.

An example: You bought 40 shares of AAPL at $700 in September, but it dropped to $450 at the end of January. So you would have lost $10000, so using your logic of losing money, AAPL is a ponzi scheme?

Obviously the answer is NO Apple is not a ponzi scheme, it was just the wrong time to buy.

Sounds like you just chose the wrong MLP to invest in, or bought it at the wrong time.

Still, do you have any real information, why MLP's in General are a ponzi scheme, or are you just speculating?
    Feb 10, 2013. 09:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETF To Avoid: Guggenheim S&P Global Dividend Opportunities ETF [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. If you are OK with consistent capital losses in exchange for yield go ahead and own LVL. However, you could get close to the same yield with SDIV at half the cost, and not suffer the capital losses.
    Mar 26, 2015. 02:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Morgan Stanley: Significant Dividend Increase Likely After Stress Test Results [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, about my article title, if you read my article before commenting about the dividend, maybe that would change your mind.
    Mar 1, 2015. 04:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mallinckrodt: Strong Growth From Transformative Acquisitions Paying Off [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. You brought up a great lesson for investors: When a company that you own is bought out, if that stock is not held in a tax deferred account, you will have a tax liability because of the capital gain.
    Feb 24, 2015. 02:38 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @webkowuite Thank you for the comment, The Citron letter was wrote almost a year ago and I have heard nothing about the FDA pulling the drug.
    Feb 24, 2015. 10:37 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I'm bullish on Apple as well, just not to the tune of $216/share.
    Feb 19, 2015. 01:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    The returns for SPY were calculated the same way I did the holdings of Berkshire I looked at. The percentage change from the price six months from the filing date.

For example: on the 5/15/2014 filing date the SPY closed at $187.40, and the closing price six months from that date was $204.24, which is a gain of 8.99%.

For the bottom table where I am comparing the momentum overlay strategy to the SPY, for example the three periods where the Berkshire Holdings had a negative momentum the corresponding returns of the SPY during those periods as calculated above were: 5.24% , 6.38%, 10.60% and the average return of those is 7.41% which is what is shown in the table.
    Feb 11, 2015. 12:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can This ETF Be The Core Of A Diversified Global Portfolio? [View article]
    You need to get your figures correct as far as expense ratios go, because yours are wrong. You say for instance for SCTO "It carries a hefty expense ratio" however, GMOM TOTAL expense ratio is higher than SCTO. Since the inception of GMOM, EFFE has outperformed GMOM, and GMOM has outperformed SCTO.

Also, I don't know why you did not include any other multi-asset funds like:

(CVY)
    (MDIV)
    (IYLD)
    (INKM)

or any of the suite of iShares allocation ETFs: (AOR) (AOM) (AOK) (AOA)

Total Fees each ETF charges for fund of fund choices:

GMOM: Man fee 0.59%+0.35% acquired fund fees=0.94%
    SCTO: Man fee 0.69%+0.17% acquired fund fees=0.86%
    EEFE: Man fee 0.69%+0.17% acquired fund fees=0.86%
    Feb 3, 2015. 11:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Value Play Of The Year: Helmerich & Payne [View article]
    @hat_trick3, Thank you for adding some historical perspective about HP, and oil.
    Jan 29, 2015. 10:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy [View news story]
    I looked at the option activity on Friday and nothing really stood out except someone bought 3198 $11 November puts, and there was open interest of 9155 contracts. Besides that I saw nothing else as far as option activity on Friday. Those contracts purchased at a price around $145/contract are now worth about $1015/contract so whoever that was has a nice $2.7 million gain on value of the option contracts.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Buffett Gone Mad? Berkshire Hathaway Founder Steps Up A $1B For College Basketball [View article]
    @phillip Marlowe that is the most left field theory I have ever heard of. #areyouserious Sounds to me like your not a sports guy lol.
    Jan 24, 2014. 04:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, I am talking about all cars,trucks in the US. Consumers are keeping there cars longer so as they get older they will need more parts etc. to maintain the performance of the car.
    Dec 20, 2013. 10:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MTUM: Profiting From The Madness Of Crowds [View article]
    I looked at this ETF and decided its name is a little misleading, after looking at its top holdings: JNJ, GILD,VZ,PEP,PG I would hardly characterize those at "Momentum stocks" I would go with the market leader in the momentum space which is the PowerShares DWA Momentum Portfolio ETF (PDP) whose top 5 holdings are: AAPL, STRZA, PCLN,ORLY, JBHT.

Disclosure: No positions in MTUM, PDP, or any of the stocks mentioned and no plans to initiate a position.
    Oct 14, 2013. 12:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Creating A Portfolio To Outperform Obamacare [View article]

1. IHF should continue to rise because the number of insured will be increasing under the ACA.

2. The relevance of the healthcare inflation index, is to use it as a benchmark.

3. The point I was making about biotechs is that they are researching amazing new products that yes contribute to medical inflation because of the high costs to develop, but those costs are passed on if a drug passes the FDA and is brought to market. So, I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of that.

ALSO!

I dont appreciate your condescending tone of "nameless author posting his unqualified opinion." You don't even have a bio. at least I have a name to my opinion, you are just some random comment troller.
    Aug 26, 2013. 04:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Nitrogen Partners: Investors With An Eye Only On The Sky Might Miss Something [View article]
    Wow! that was a great article. I am a shareholder of RNF, and you have given me lots to think about, i knew some of the information but not in the detail you gave. Thank you for the excellent article.
    Jun 17, 2013. 12:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment