Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Most Secure DGI Stock [View article]
    I wrote my own article about a true Secure Dividend-Growth Stock.

Jul 8, 2015. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Home Depot: A Secure Dividend Growth Stock [View article]
    I believe HD has been down because over the last 4 months interest rates spiked, which brought on thoughts of how that would impact housing, which would impact HD. Also, the overall market has been week as well.
    Jul 8, 2015. 01:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The IQ Merger Arbitrage ETF: A Unique ETF With A Built-In Downside Hedge [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I am glad you enjoyed my article and found the information useful.
    Jul 7, 2015. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your welcome, glad my article was helpful for you.
    Jul 7, 2015. 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mobile Payments: Why eBay Is Worth Buying Now Over Western Union [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I agree that WU could potentially roll the debt into new maturities, however this is just kicking the can down the road. It is also likely that WU will have to pay a high interest rate than it currently pays as well.
    Jul 5, 2015. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Today was a good day for you then.
    Jul 2, 2015. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    With PayPal buying XOOM that just adds to the upside case for PayPal and the downside case for Western Union, which is why Western Union is down so much today. For anyone that liked my pairs trade here is the performance so far.

EBAY Long: -0.49%
    WU Short: +9.94%
    Jul 2, 2015. 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Secure DGI Stock [View article]
    Then his article title should not say stock, it is misleading.
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Secure DGI Stock [View article]
    Also the S&P 500 is not a stock it is a Index which can be represented by owning the S&P 500 ETF (SPY), IVV, etc.
    Jun 30, 2015. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Secure DGI Stock [View article]
    I agree with @jgbrowning a 20% dividend cut is unacceptable. At the very least I would expect DG companies to keep a flat or slightly increasing dividend during a financial crisis level event. One of the pillars of my Seeking Alpha exclusive research service, Three Pillars Dividend Growth is stress testing a dividend to make sure a companies dividend WILL NOT BE CUT during adverse market conditions.

Jun 30, 2015. 11:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Rates Portfolio: 2015 Edition [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I lessened the impact on rising rates by weighting each fund inversely by volatility, so the least volatile fund gets the highest weight. Floating rate bonds (FLOT) should outperform AGG in a rising rate environment, and VTIP should outperform as well as long as the rate increase is coming from an increase in inflation. Also, TBF will rise when rates fall as well since it is an inverse bond fund.
    Jun 27, 2015. 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Exercise Caution After The Split [View article]
    Please see my cash flow chart and I also said "The chart below shows that cash flow has gone from slightly positive a year ago to significantly in the red this year and the trend is clearly to the downside."
    Jun 26, 2015. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn sells off remaining Netflix position [View news story]
    Icahn selling the rest of his stake is another size that investors should be cautious on NFLX. Shares have had a huge reversal as well today.

Jun 24, 2015. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Exercise Caution After The Split [View article]
    @jgarant I do not own shares of Netflix as I disclosed in my article.
    Jun 24, 2015. 03:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Exercise Caution After The Split [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I agree with that NFLX is not like Apple was when Apple split. When Apple did its split EPS was steadily growing and was enormously Free Cash Flow positive, where as NFLX EPS has been volatile, free cash flow has been negative
    Jun 24, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment