Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • ETF To Avoid: Tuttle Tactical Management U.S. Core ETF [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I think a fund that holds TWO plain vanilla S&P 500 funds, and 6 other variants of the S&P 500 including triple leveraged ETFs is not worth considering.
    Mar 24, 2015. 10:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • T-Mobile: The Preferred Way To Own Shares Long-Term [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, your math is correct if you were to convert now. However, the fact is you can not convert now because the mandatory conversion date is in December 2017, therefore you have to add in all the future dividend payments you would receive, which is what I did to calculate the total return.

Mar 24, 2015. 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whiting Petroleum to launch offerings for 35M shares, $1B in senior notes [View news story]
    I like that ancient proverb lol, that is a good one.
    Mar 23, 2015. 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think you misunderstood me, Just because a company is influenced by a commodity price, that does not mean that company has a high GOVERNANCE risk. The score takes into account: Board Structure, Shareholder Rights, Compensation, and Risk Oversight.

For example, Chevron and Schlumberger have a score of 1 [Low Governance Risk], and Exxon who is a rumored acquirer of WLL has a score of 4.

Mar 23, 2015. 11:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    One tool I use, and have used when writing articles is to look at the free Corporate governance score from the ISS [Institutional shareholder services]. Looking at WLL they have score of 10, which corresponds to a high governance risk.

Mar 23, 2015. 10:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Value Play Of The Year: Helmerich & Payne [View article]
    My Small-Cap Deeper Value pick of the year is now available:

Mar 18, 2015. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • T-Mobile: The Preferred Way To Own Shares Long-Term [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, as I pointed out in my table showing my hypothetical example, yes you get more upside if you own the stock and protect with a put, however, as the table shows, in the event the stock declines your downside is significantly more. I think given current market conditions, having more downside protection is more attractive.
    Mar 17, 2015. 01:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Helmerich & Payne: An Example Of Why Management Strategies Are Important For Investors [View article]
    James,

Great article James, In my article on HP from Jan 29th, you commented "I'm digesting much more data to get a better handle on how rigs, stock, and production is tracking....but H-P is definitely one to consider at the right time."

With your excellent analysis of HP, I can see that since that comment researched and you have a great handle on the data points that are important to HP, and you believe that with the recent decline in oil now is the "right time" to consider HP, and I totally agree with that. HP is best in class in terms of strong management, low debt, and technologically advanced rigs.

My article came out on the day that HP made a low of just under $58, and subsequently went up to $70+ in less than a month and I missed the boat. Now with shares of HP back down into the low 60's, I am considering getting in. I am waiting to see what the Federal Reserve does tomorrow, and see what the impact that has on the US Dollar, which will have some impact on WTI.

Again thank you for the great article on HP,

Brad

Mar 17, 2015. 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • T-Mobile: The Preferred Way To Own Shares Long-Term [View article]
    Thank you for the info, I will read that when it comes out.
    Mar 16, 2015. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • T-Mobile: The Preferred Way To Own Shares Long-Term [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, but I have to disagree with you. My example clearly showed that yes if the stock falls significantly you will have a capital loss, however that loss is significantly less than if you had just owned the common stock. Sometimes "Safe" investments lose money, if you want complete safety from loss, I would suggest holding cash.
    Mar 13, 2015. 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Morgan Stanley: Significant Dividend Increase Likely After Stress Test Results [View article]
    MS up huge today, @donzoamania, looks like I was right, a 50% dividend increase is significant.
    Mar 12, 2015. 03:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The stress test results are out and MS "only" increased its dividend by 50%, however, the buyback they initiated was significantly higher than I had anticipated. It looks like MS decided to allocate more capital to share repurchases than dividends, and that is why the dividend was not increased more than 50%.

Mar 11, 2015. 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Of Global Food Output Reaches Post-Crisis High [View article]
    I was interested in reading this from the title, but I was very disappointed in this article, and wish you would have expanded more on your food output information. Having 2 sentences about food, and a chart is not a good article.
    Mar 9, 2015. 11:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 ETFs That Are Being Killed By Their Expense Ratios [View article]
    I have something that you should consider when talking about AMLP, to have an Apples to Apples comparison please compare it to another MLP ETF that owns 100% or close to 100% MLPs. MLPX is restricted to own no more than 25% of MLP stocks because " The Underlying Index limits its exposure to partnerships in order to comply with applicable tax diversification rules." Therefore, MLPX is not an Apples to Apples comparison with AMLP, or Other MLP ETFs that own more than 25% of MLP stocks.

Mar 9, 2015. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can This ETF Be The Core Of A Diversified Global Portfolio? [View article]
    @fjmason, there are a couple:

The Barclays ETN+ S&P VEQTOR ETN (VQT) "tracks an index that dynamically allocates exposure between equity, volatility and cash based on market conditions."

The PowerShares S&P 500 Downside Hedged Portfolio (PHDG) "is an actively managed ETF that allocates its portfolio between S&P 500 equities, VIX Index futures and cash."

The RBS Large Cap Trendpilot ETN (TRND) "tracks the S&P 500 when it is at or above its 200-index business-day moving average for 5 consecutive days and the 3-month US Treasury bill yield when it is not."
    Mar 8, 2015. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment