Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Hercules Offshore -28% as analyst throws in the towel after two years [View news story]
    Mike Urban is ranked 3199 out of 3501 analysts on TipRanks. That is all the info you need about his picks.

Feb 27, 2015. 04:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mallinckrodt: Strong Growth From Transformative Acquisitions Paying Off [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. You brought up a great lesson for investors: When a company that you own is bought out, if that stock is not held in a tax deferred account, you will have a tax liability because of the capital gain.
    Feb 24, 2015. 02:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    @Ed Rudy, Thank you for the comment, and your thoughts on Apple.
    Feb 19, 2015. 05:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, you are correct to point out that I am not bearish on Apple at all, my price target is 32% above current the current price. I am not an Apple hater at all.
    Feb 19, 2015. 02:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn's Apple Price Target Appears Unrealistic [View article]
    I agree with your assessment of that statement.
    Feb 19, 2015. 01:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    @User 18362172 I have no idea what you are looking at but if you look on the left hand side of the page of the link I gave you, it shows momentum!all by itself, and there is no subcategories for momentum listed on the page so I have no idea what you are looking at.

Here is the description:

"The Momentum study measures the velocity of price changes for a fixed time interval. Momentum is measured by subtracting the price at the beginning of the interval from the latest price."
    Feb 11, 2015. 04:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    @User 18362172, The indicator is just simply momentum, available on pretty much every charting website, and platform. Here is a link to the definition for you:

Feb 11, 2015. 02:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    Thank you for posting, I did not include dividends, the data I collected was price return only.
    Feb 11, 2015. 02:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I see your point on looking to the long-term and this article is not about the long-term, this article is about the short to intermediate term as is noted by having Momentum in the title.
    Feb 11, 2015. 12:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applying Momentum To The Holdings Of Berkshire Hathaway [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I wish I would have thought of this a couple years ago since the FREE whalewisdom data only goes back 8 quarters. From my data atleast over the last eight quarters, Buffett factor + Momentum =Alpha!
    Feb 11, 2015. 12:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Value Play Of The Year: Helmerich & Payne [View article]
    @hat_trick3, Thank you for adding some historical perspective about HP, and oil.
    Jan 29, 2015. 10:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Value Play Of The Year: Helmerich & Payne [View article]
    @gramondo37 thank you for the comment.
    Jan 29, 2015. 10:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2015 Value Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for your comment, I was surprised to see all insurance companies as the most undervalued in each market cap segment. Someone looking at my article could use my final lists for each market cap segment as a starting points and go from there and for example could select: Macy's, American Financial Group, and Neenah Paper, or some other combination. Another option would be to buy puts on the SPDR S&P Insurance ETF (KIE) to hedge insurance exposure.
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2015 Growth Stock Picks [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. If I was looking for clicks I should have made an article title like the top article right now on the front page of SA "grandma got run over by a dividend portfolio" lol. Whoever wrote it did good because how can you not click on that to investigate such an odd title lol.
    Dec 30, 2014. 10:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My New Years Resolution: Balance My Risky Portfolio [View article]
    I agree with @HackFAB that a ROTH IRA is a great option. For me personally I am also a "young investor" I have a Roth where I buy quality investments, and I have a plain investment account for my "risky" investment choices.

If you are looking for someplace to start here are a couple ideas:

Warren Buffett Holdings:

OR From my article on finding the best quality stocks.

Good luck in your investing.

Brad