Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @jcdevries Thank you for the comments. Yes it is possible that LINE could refinance its debt, however if they do the interest rate will be significantly higher than when it is now and take away more away from earnings if they have to pay out significantly more on interest payments. Unlike LINE the U.S. is not in danger of its credit rating being downgraded and the interest that the U.S. pays is significantly lower than anything LINE would ever get.
    Jul 18, 2015. 12:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comments Gene, you bring up alot of great points. I looked at the short-interest here: http://bit.ly/16KlWiM
    and found that short-interest was near the lowest levels of this year and the stock has still fallen. This tells me that shorts have been pilling in over the last couple weeks and it will be interesting to see if this is true when short interest has its mid month update.
    Jul 17, 2015. 01:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ted,

Great comment and you get the big picture. LINE has 90% of oil hedged for 2015 and only 65% for 2016. The hedge is the only thing that is keeping the company afloat and when a large chunk of that hedge comes off at the end of this year and oil prices have not increased significantly, then LINE will almost certainly have to decrease its dividend in my opinion.
    Jul 17, 2015. 01:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @Scooter-Pop, That was a special case during the financial crisis. Bonds are at the top of credit ladder for payments in the event of bankruptcy, common stockholders are last, therefore I believe bonds are the better choice if someone wants to get into LINE.
    Jul 16, 2015. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @Furma Thank you for the comment, I agree with you that if someone really wants to dive into LINE, the better Value is the Bonds.
    Jul 16, 2015. 08:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. Midstream companies have been in a downtrend, however, in the specific case of MMP, they has increased their dividend every quarter except for during the financial crisis when they maintained their dividend. A lower price is just a better entry point for high quality companies like MMP.
    Jul 16, 2015. 05:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Not all Energy stocks are bad, My article I wrote earlier this week about Magellan Midstream Partners shows there are still quality conservative energy companies out there with a secure dividend.

Jul 16, 2015. 04:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comments, and bringing up excellent points!
    Jul 16, 2015. 04:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Very good point, I like that saying, "Sometimes the Mirror Lies"
    Jul 16, 2015. 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @KirbyJF1 Thank you for your thoughts on LINE. However, I do not appreciate your comment that my article is shallow. The reason everyone wants LINE to do something about the debt is because they have to start doing something NOW. Where is LINE going to get $3 billion to repay debt in 2019? Free Cash Flow: NO, more debt: NOT LIKELY, Asset sales: Most Likely.

Please use quotation marks when quoting something so the readers know it is from a conference call.
    Jul 16, 2015. 03:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    As I stated in my article: "Quantum stated that "We have always held the management team in high regard and feel that this strategic partnership will allow the Company to continue its trajectory of growth and value creation for its unitholders and shareholders." [LINE/Quantum press release]"

Where is the growth trajectory and value creation. If by valuation creation management means a 75% decline in the last year, then yes they did a good job at create value for investors who are short.
    Jul 16, 2015. 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, As I stated in my article and I provided the link, here it is again. The information is there on the website link I provided in my article and below.

Jul 16, 2015. 03:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    I have no position in LINE and no plans for any position in LINE. So this article is not coming from a "shortie"
    Jul 16, 2015. 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. LINE will not be the one acquiring, it will be the new "AcqCo" funded by Quantum who will be doing the buying. LINE only gets reimbursed for its G&A expenses, and it can purchase up to a 50% stake in "AcqCo".
    Jul 16, 2015. 03:36 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Siren Song: Don't Be Lured To Linn Energy For Its Yield [View article]
    @sinedo, I DO NOT write article for an income source. Please get your story straight before you speak.
    Jul 16, 2015. 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment