Brad Kenagy

View Brad Kenagy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Has Apple Found The Holy Grail Of Electric Vehicles? [View article]
    Could you please share a link to the source of the filling time hydrogen?

The link I provided from Tesla's own website clearly stated 20 minutes for a HALF charge. So a full charge would be about 40 minutes. Therefore, unless filling up hydrogen car takes longer than 40 minutes, it is faster than charging.

"A Supercharger can replenish HALF the battery in as little as 20 MINUTES. "

Aug 25, 2015. 05:07 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Apple Found The Holy Grail Of Electric Vehicles? [View article]
    Thank you for posting the information. When hydrogen infrastructure spending is increased it will easily outperform battery charging stations because of the time needed to charge.

From the Tesla website with key words in caps: "A Supercharger can replenish HALF the battery in as little as 20 MINUTES. "

Aug 25, 2015. 01:51 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Apple Found The Holy Grail Of Electric Vehicles? [View article]
    I am not sure, that is a good question. What I do know is that for auto scale batteries, fuel cells are gaining popularity and backing.
    Aug 25, 2015. 01:15 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Apple Found The Holy Grail Of Electric Vehicles? [View article]
    Great article. The takeaway I get from this is fuel cells are the future power source of electric vehicles and not batteries that power cars like Tesla. In addition, Toyota is betting big on fuel cells as well.
    Aug 25, 2015. 11:28 AM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Watch Fuss Is Overblown [View article]
    On the fourth of July, I talked with two people who both had a Fitbit (FIT). I asked how they liked it and they said they loved it. Then I asked if they had considered or would consider getting an Apple watch, and it was a firm NO.

Disclosure: I do not own Apple or Fitbit shares.
    Jul 12, 2015. 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Steven, Thank you for the comment, I completely agree that Tax reform is needed. However, I believe that if tax reform is enacted there will most likely be clause that says the money brought back has to be used for New Plants, R&D etc, and not to be used for shareholder returns through dividends or buybacks.
    May 19, 2015. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carl Icahn Is Wrong, Apple Is Not Worth $240 Today [View article]
    Good article, I wrote a very similar article in February about his previous price target of $216 being unrealistic.

My Main points were:

-He Modeled for significantly higher buybacks than Apple has done or is doing.
    -He Modeled for dividends not to increase at all during the next 3 years.
    -He also assumed that debt would be flat over the next three years as well.
    May 19, 2015. 10:16 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Apple today issued $8 billion in bonds today, adding to their debt total.

May 7, 2015. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Thank you for the comment and your thoughts, I completely agree with everything that you said. Another commenter above asked about the debt/cash ratio and this was my response and the data shows why increasing debt is in fact an issue.

"I compiled the data and the data shows that Debt as a Percentage of Total Cash has increased from 11.26% at this time last year, to a current level of 20.71% for the quarter that was just reported. I also looked at Debt to US Cash since US cash is what is available for capital returns you can see that Debt/ US Cash has gone from 92.18% at this time last year to 178.10% for the quarter that was just reported."

Data Table: http://bit.ly/1bWkrZm
    Apr 30, 2015. 12:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, and pointing out the information about the Moody's note, here is the link for those who are interested. On a side not, ratings agencies have been wrong before.

Apr 30, 2015. 12:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Thank you for the comment and the points you brought up which I agree with except your second point. I believe Apple can only use its foreign cash to repay foreign debt, and not any debt issued in the U.S.
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I am not bearish on Apple, from my article on Apple in February I have a target for Apple of $169/share. I am just pointing out that Apple has $88 billion remaining to spend over the next two years, and that they will continue large amounts of debt and use more cash flows to fund that $88 billion capital return program.
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, just wanted to correct you that Apple has $40+ billion in debt.
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, Don't get me wrong, I am bullish on Apple, in my article in February I gave a price target of $169, so I am still bullish on Apple. However, with U.S. cash near the lowest level in the last 3 years, and debt increasing, and the CFO saying that a large portion of the remaining $88 billion will be funded through debt.
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Drawbacks Of Apple's Cash Hoard Are Starting To Show [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, the problem is 88% of Apple's cash is offshore and CANNOT be used for capital returns. Apple has $22.5 in U.S. Cash available for for capital returns and they have $88 billion remaining on the capital return program, and the CFO explicitly stated that the a large portion would be funded with debt.
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment