Brad Prigmore

View Brad Prigmore's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Arcos Dorados: A Golden Long-Term Opportunity [View article]
    WSP

What do you think about KO at around 67? That would be the 6 month retracement. Would you not advise selling cash secured puts?
    Jun 5, 2012. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcos Dorados: A Golden Long-Term Opportunity [View article]
    Good call on MCD. I am looking to pickup some shares around $82.5. You want to know the funny part. This article was blatantly ripped off by the Mumbai Times. Now I know I am on the wrong side of the trade...

Jun 5, 2012. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kimberly-Clark: Disciplined Management, Proven Innovation [View article]
    I have been a math guy my whole life and my IQ is off the charts. I was lucky enough to make a small fortune playing online poker. I was even luckier to invest a majority of that fortune only in AAPL in the 100's during my undergraduate years because it was the only stock I really knew and trusted. On Black Friday of last year, the government seized all US online poker sites and froze our bankrolls. It became apparent later that one of the largest poker sites was in essence a ponzi scheme. I was forced into this slum of uncontrolled greed to try to replace that revenue scheme. Investing is not a lot different than poker, though. Emotions run rampant and create opportunities. In poker you are dealing with not only probabilities but the unpredictability of another human being(market). Most often numbers dont lie, though. Stock earnings reports and SEC filings are pure numbers and can be dissected accordingly. My family is also fabulously wealthy, but I have used my own merits to succeed. During my teenage years I toured the world playing tennis. I received a scholarship to play tennis in college and graduated. I played professionally for a few years but did not make enough money. Then I found poker, then I found investing....
    Jun 4, 2012. 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kimberly-Clark: Disciplined Management, Proven Innovation [View article]
    haha I am less than 10 years out of middle school so you tell me who doesnt belong :)

Listen, I am sorry this comment section degraded into what it has become. My intention was not to offend the greatest generation. I give respect when I get it. I have worked hard early in my life to set myself up to to retire by 45. My goal is to inform the younger generation to not be so disillusioned with the market and to take control of their own future. I am sorry my writing seems so 'superficial' to people who have been around for 40+ years. You are not my target audience.
    Jun 4, 2012. 02:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kimberly-Clark: Disciplined Management, Proven Innovation [View article]
    How about you try harder Paul. Put a face to your name. Become a contributor, share your own views. It is a lot harder to put your own opinions out there to the public opinion rather than to sit and snipe from the comments. What I like about the older generation is that they were a can do generation and did not always focus on the negative or gloomy scenarios. They saw the positive in America.

But just remember the words of Theodore Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Jun 4, 2012. 12:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kimberly-Clark: Disciplined Management, Proven Innovation [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and I appreciate your tone. It is a lot more productive and condusive to meaningful discussion!
    Jun 3, 2012. 10:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kimberly-Clark: Disciplined Management, Proven Innovation [View article]
    Richjoy,

I always appreciate comments from the older generation but my original problem was with your tone. It was clearly condescending. You obviously have not read my other articles as you have no frame of reference. Read my article on ETG. I fully understand there is risk involved with every investment and I clearly articulate that in my preceding articles. You are a one article drive-by commenter, which is fine. SA is full of them and they are usually the 'grumpy old men' variety. Your concerns are the same old cliche concerns year after year. Somehow they seem to stand the test of time. How about this, Rich, t's certainly possible that some unimagined "cheaper alternative" brand could undermine KMB and I realize that it's inherent in the nature of disruptive technologies that not many people see them coming. Still, I'd take the disruption prospect more seriously if you could get give me a plausible, step by step scenario in which an aspiring rival--even a very well-financed rival that already has valuable assets on the global scale--could successfully invade KMB's turf.

In an era dominated by retailers whose shelf space makes them franchisers to whom manufacturers must pay tribute,KMB is the most dominant exception because their brands are the franchise.
    Jun 3, 2012. 10:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kimberly-Clark: Disciplined Management, Proven Innovation [View article]
    Rich,

I understand what you are saying about only focusing on the positives. I have 40 plus years till retirement so this recent blip on the radar is of no concern to me except it hopefully will present a buying opportunity. Yet with KMB I do not need to worry about growth, stability, market saturation, or most importantly ROC. I do not need to do constant research or pour through every 10Q or K filing. They will be the king of personal health as long as humans keep producing waste and fluids. I can go face my own personal goal of climbing Mt. Everest and know that if I come home my investment, future retirement, family retirement, and my future kids college money will be there compounding. Growing slowly, but always growing.
    Jun 3, 2012. 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Holdings For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words guys. It takes a while to go through individual names. I am not familiar enough to comment on those names. Perhaps I can research them in some in depth articles. I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to this pullback continuing as it is already starting to provide some great long-term bargains. Somebody mentioned COP and I think it is extremely undervalued. I think I will start getting my toes wet if it dips under 50. It is now yielding over 5%....
    Jun 1, 2012. 06:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Holdings For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    I wrote an article on my position on INTC. You can read it here. I think AAPL and INTC have a symbiotic relationship ahead.

MSFT is also an excellent choice. I really like their gaming platform and have been pleasantly surprised with their ability to monetize it. The cash position also provides a lot of room for mistakes and opportunities.

I do not know that much about LMT but it seems to me that military spending is to be cut and not increased in the coming future due to budgetary concerns. Nevertheless, they seem to have a great history of increasing payouts. I need to do some more research.

I do not like GE.
    May 30, 2012. 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Holdings For A Young Dividend Growth Investor [View article]
    First off congrats on taking your future by the horns and starting early! Second, I see you have a ROTH which is another positive. I plan on being way wealthier when I hit retirement so a traditional IRA is not for me. Third, I would have to go with KO. They are an example of perfect branding. I mean, c'mon, it's carbonated water, sugar and syrup. The bottling costs more than the product.

Through quality and quantity advertising over the years, KO has built and sustained this iconic brand to become known throughout every corner of the globe. Their brand is arguably the most stable business asset that KO has.
    May 30, 2012. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETG: A Discounted CEF Providing Substantial Monthly Income [View article]
    Great additional info! The difficulty for these CEF's is meeting its distribution payout without the help of destructive return of capital.

In this low rate environment, people are trying to justify these unsustainable yielding CEFs that pay back the very money you put in and you get taxed again on that money. ETG at least is paying whats its earning.
    May 29, 2012. 05:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcos Dorados: A Golden Long-Term Opportunity [View article]
    I had them removed because they did not benefit the conversation and reflected negatively on all involved, including yourself. Good luck investing 1sd.
    May 29, 2012. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Risk Averse Low Beta Dividend Picks [View article]
    If you have no moral obligations, I think MO and PM are great additional picks that I would bet the farm on...
    May 27, 2012. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Risk Averse Low Beta Dividend Picks [View article]
    Thanks for the comment! What a great story and a testament to the killer end game provided by prudent dividend growth investing. The younger this strategy is started the better. It is sad because a lot of the younger generation are more inclined to instant gratification rather than seeing what potential there is long-term in this strategy.
    May 27, 2012. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment