View as an RSS Feed
View Brad Thomas' Articles BY TICKER:
AAN, ACC, ACRVF, ADC, AEA, AHH, AHP, AHT, AMH, AMRE, APTS, ARCP, ARCT, ARE, AVIV, BMR, BOBE, BRX, BX, BXMT, CBRL, CCG, CDR, CLDT, CMO, COLE, CONE, CORR, CPT, CSG, CSGP, CTRE, CUBE, CUZ, DDR, DDS, DLR, DOC, DRI, EDR, EGP, ELS, EPR, EQR, EQY, ESRT, ESS, EXL, EXR, FPI, FRT, GGP, GOOD, GOV, GPT, GT, HCN, HCP, HIW, HME, HPT, HTA, HVT, IMKTA, IRC, IRET, IRM, KIM, KSS, LAMR, LHO, LOAN, LSE, LTC, LVS, LXP, MAC, MNR, MORE, MORL, MPW, MYCC, NHI, NLY, NNN, NRF, NYRT, O, OFC, OHI, OLP, PEB, PENN, PETM, RAD, REG, REXR, RHP, ROIC, RPT, SBUX, SHLD, SHW, SIR, SKT, SLG, SNH, SOHO, SPG, SRC, SSS, STAG, STOR, STWD, SUI, TCO, UDF, UMH, VNO, VTR, WBA, WFM, WHLR, WPC, WPTIF, WRE, WRI, WSR
Is Equity Residential A Fortress REIT Brand To Buy Now?
- Sam Zell insists that every investor “should dig deeper into a company before investing. It’s not enough to know sales and profit margins”.
- I do not see a “margin of safety” in Equity Residential.
- As a value investor, my primary goal is to preserve capital, and I’ll wait on a better day to own EQR.
Blackstone's Private Equity Model Is Hitting All Cylinders
- Since January 2009, Blackstone has returned over 948%.
- Blackstone has a tremendous amount of "dry powder" available to employ that will drive growth and earnings.
- During the fourth quarter of 2013, Blackstone attracted gross asset inflows totaling $17 billion and $60 billion for the year.
How Does An Intelligent Investor Navigate Mortgage REIT Risk?
- My view of a dividend champion has been consistent and that definition is based upon the premise of durable dividend payments.
- Finding an attractive dividend-paying stock is just one part of the puzzle, buying them is another.
- Mortgage REITs are playing an important role in helping provide capital for commercial and residential real estate in the recovery ahead.
Sam Zell Owns Equity Lifestyle, Should I?
- When compared with the broader Multifamily sector, ELS has outperformed the larger peer group based on historic Same Store NOI growth.
- ELS has a much better dividend growth record with average 3-year dividend growth of 17% and average 5-year dividend growth of 24%.
- I would recommend the ELS-C 6.75% Preferred Issue that’s trading at $23.62 with a current yield of 7.13%.
ARCenters - You Have To Think Anyway, So Why Not Think Big
- ARCP intends to unlock value by creating a leading shopping center REIT via a strategic spinoff.
- ARCP intends to focus ARCP’s strategy as a pure-play net lease REIT.
- ARCP intends to improve credit profile.
Maybe This Triple Net REIT Will Get Your Spirits Up
- Since listing on September 2012, Spirit’s shares have increased by approximately 34.4%.
- Over the last 90 days, most REITs have outperformed and Spirit’s shares have climbed by around 7.2% during that time period.
- Spirit closed at $10.59 with a current dividend yield of 6.28%.
A Value Investor Explains Why He Owns Digital Realty
- Value investors have learned over time that the way to win the game is to focus on both price and value – that is, paying less.
- As I have watched all of the drama unfolding with Digital (over the course of months), I have never questioned the company’s fundamentals.
- Digital’s fourth quarter results exceeded expectations and the 10%+ beat consensus in the latest quarter ($1.26/share vs. $1.14/share) and that should propel momentum during the year.
Tanger Outlets: Nobody Does It Better
- In the new age of retailing, it’s becoming quite clear that the most sustainable companies will have to be experts in all business lines – full price, discount, and e-commerce.
- Although Tanger is not the largest mall REIT based on size, the company does flex considerable muscle when it comes to its “fortress” balance sheet.
- I’m sticking with my “sleep well at night” BUY price of $32.00.
Super-Size Your Dividend Portfolio With More ROIC
- A dividend increase represents a commitment by a company that its shareholders are important, and the message is plain and simple: you can count on the income.
- Oftentimes, insiders also have insight into marketing, improving industry conditions, and the potential for future financial transactions that may improve the health of the business.
- My initial acquisition price was $13.60 per share, and I have been pleased with the results – shares are up around 9.9% (closed at $14.98).
- Is American Realty Capital A Monster Or A Machine?
- Is Omega Healthcare's Risk In Government-Based Income Overstated?
- Up Close With This Pure Play Hospital REIT CEO
- Chatham Lodging Trust: I May Be Adding SALSA To This Hotel REIT That Pays Dividends Monthly
- Why I Sleep Well At Night Owning This Blue Chip Health Care REIT
- A Preferred Bond Replacement Strategy For Intelligent REIT Investors
- Why Is Risk Management Essential For This MOB REIT?
- What's The Secret Sauce That Makes STAG A Smokin' Hot REIT?
- 12 REITs That Pay Monthly Dividends And 1 Great One That Does Too
- It's Time To Dissect This Pure Play Health Care REIT
- Mr. Market Is Starting To Spread The Love For This Small Cap REIT
- The REIT Answer For Darden Is Its Coveted Real Estate Portfolio
- Could 2014 Be The Year For The Mid-Cap REITs?
- Sam Zell Thinks Most REITs Aren't Relevant, Except His Of Course
- A Premium Healthcare REIT That Delivers Something Special
- Mr. Market Cannot Be Relied Upon To Provide Dependable REIT Income
- Gladstone Commercial: It's Too GOOD To Be True
- No Margin Of Safety In Amazon, But What About An Amazon Landlord?
- Blackstone Mortgage Trust: I'm Warming Up To This Simple mREIT
- No Margin Of Safety In FedEx, But What About A FedEx Landlord?
- How To Buy REITs Like Sir John Templeton
- Power Up Your Portfolio With This Power Center REIT
- STAG May Soon Be The Next 'Monthly Dividend Machine'