Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I'm Not Selling My Worst Performing REIT Of 2013 [View article]
    jweissman - The stock will eventually move back into normal valuation...however, if it falls, I have a few more chips before I become too exposed to the data sector and DLR. Thanks for reading and commenting and Happy New Year. Brad
    Dec 27 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Not Selling My Worst Performing REIT Of 2013 [View article]
    TheSlayer - Thanks for reading and commenting. Confirmed, I'm not a fan of mREITs and history has proven my view. All the best, Brad
    Dec 27 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Not Selling My Worst Performing REIT Of 2013 [View article]
    richjoy403 - Thanks for reading/commenting..."... steps" yes., but the ugly duckling can still turn into a SWAN. All the best, Brad
    Dec 27 04:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why It's A Mistake To Raise Cash For Fear Of A Market Crash [View article]
    "Buy stocks as you would groceries - when they are on sale". Christopher Browne
    Dec 27 11:45 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    Stevlg --- Thanks for reading. Good luck, Brad
    Dec 26 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    zachdog1 - Thanks for your comments over the past year. I'm reading "Stocks for the Long Run" by Jeremy Siegel...If you haven't read it, you should. Thanks and Best Wishes in 2014. Brad
    Dec 26 03:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    firstinsnow - I'm looking hard at CCG now...Hope to have an article out next week. Thanks and best of luck, Brad
    Dec 26 03:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    R we there yet - Thank you for reading and commenting. Good luck in '14. Brad
    Dec 26 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    IgnisFatuus - Thanks. I'm in the same boat...I'm holding on to CSG and DLR too. Good luck in '14. All the best, Brad
    Dec 26 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    Al - Thanks for reading and commenting...Always glad to be of service. Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 26 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    dreiser - I'm not familiar with CEF.RIT...Can you give me a clue? Thanks for reading, Brad
    Dec 26 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    PendragonY - Thanks for reading and Happy New Year. Brad
    Dec 26 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    StockMike - Thanks for reading and commenting. All the best. Brad
    Dec 26 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Head For The Hills, Stay On The REIT Track In 2014 [View article]
    Rubygreta - Thanks for your reply. ETFs are a simple, relatively inexpensive method of gaining investment exposure to different asset classes or indices; however, you must remember that you are "buying the good, the mediocre and the bad equities."

This is the reason they are relatively cheap - there is no need to hire a research team to filter the good and bad. An investment manager, by contrast, has the task of understanding industry and company fundamentals to differentiate between equities that will outperform and underperform the broader index.

The ETF will never outperform the index. In fact, because ETFs have embedded fees for the "management" of the fund, they can never even meet the return of the index. Granted, many active managers will underperform their benchmark indices, but it is at least possible to beat their index return.

As an unmanaged asset, equity ETFs are not the most effective instrument for long-term wealth creation. Check out my newsletter...a bargain at $99 a year: http://bit.ly/Z6Rh1J Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 26 03:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why It's A Mistake To Raise Cash For Fear Of A Market Crash [View article]
    Another great one Chuck. Thanks for all of your hard work and Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 26 11:46 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment