Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Empire State Trust: The New King Of REITs [View article]
    Thanks...Fact finding now...Brad
    Sep 23 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Read Seeking Alpha, Consider Investing In TheStreet [View article]
    Elisabeth - Thank you for commenting. As a contributor for both Seeking Alpha (I lead both Finance and REITs) as well as a frequent contributor for The Street, I can provide true insight into both websites. Clearly both are uniqely positioned with similar target readers and I believe both sites have evolved into leading investment sites that offer high quality platforms (that's why I write for both sites). Technology is the differentiator and the survivors will be the most innovative companies...
    Investors are sophisticated and thanks to the internet, a stock can be researched in record time. Much like shopping for a hotel room in NYC, investors now can quickly type in a ticker symbol and view sites similar to Expedia, Hotels.com, Kayak, etc..

Elisabeth, I applaud the innovation I'm seeing at The Street and I'm glad to be part of the contributor team. Likewise, I have learned more from the reader base at Seeking Alpha than I could have learned in a business classroom. At the end of the day, it all boils down to one thing...As Ben Graham once said: "the most durable education, is self education".
    Sep 23 06:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Added This Micro-Cap REIT That Pays 7.38% To My SALSA Portfolio [View article]
    surfgeezer - Thanks for reading and glad we share similar tastes. All the best, Brad
    Sep 23 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    TAS- Thanks for reading and commenting...Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bud4704 - UMH's P/FFO metric is considered fairly valued and I like the diversification of revenues that include (1) leased lots, (2) finance, and (3) REIT securities. Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    gawilley - Thanks for reading and commenting. Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    linkdonald - Thanks for reading and commenting. Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hardog - Thanks. The SALSA is designed as more of a growth and income portfolio...Many of the SWANs are what I consider "buy and hold"....Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DS - Thanks for replying (for me)...Take care, Brad
    Sep 23 03:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    bobbobwhite - I try my best to respond (but can't always reply promptly)...This article was part of my continued due diligence and although I'm not always right, I always ask myself "if I have protected principal at ALL costs" before I hit the BUY button. Thanks for reading and best of luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    21thomas99 -- Thanks for replying...a little slow today...but better late than never, Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    21thomas99 - Thanks for replying...a little slow today...but better late than never, Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jculley - Thanks for reading and commenting....Had a few family duties this am....Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Healthcare Trust Of America's Latest $63 Million Acquisition Should Move The Needle [View article]
    richjoy403 - Thanks. A dividend increase should help total returns...Likewise, I was glad to see our money (long HTA) going to work for us...and I also like the South FL market...a very attractive investment with upside...Good luck, Brad
    Sep 23 09:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Empire State Trust: The New King Of REITs [View article]
    Thanks...I'm working on an update this week, Brad
    Sep 23 06:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment