Brad Thomas

NV_GARY - That's the intent :) Thanks for reading. Brad
    Aug 19 10:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sleep Well At Night With These 5 REIT CEOs Behind The Wheel [View article]
    CapeCapMgmt - That's now part of my DNA :) All the best. Brad
    Aug 19 10:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few Net Lease REITs To Avoid [View article]
    FYI - My typical article on SA is around 2,000 to 3,000 words and includes around 30-40 charts (many of which I prepare)...It takes me on the average of 4-5 hours per article...I get paid $35 per article and $.01 per page view...That translates into around $125 per article....

So the reason I write is not for the money ($25 per hour) but to enable me to become a better investor...but analyzing securities in a molecular format I greatly minimize risk by filtering out disadvantageously positioned securities...As you know, it takes only a few large losses to decimate overall investment performance and I can't afford to lose hard earned capital (neither can you).

Also, I get significant feedback and exceptional content for my newsletter...

I hope that helps. Brad
    Aug 18 04:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few REIT Lessons Targeted For Millennial Investors [View article]
    Vandooman - great advice (and picking HD). All the best. Brad
    Aug 18 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few REIT Lessons Targeted For Millennial Investors [View article]
    jasblank - Thanks for commenting...O is a great pick and also in my kids portfolio..and congrats on first rental....my first purchase was a $50,000 duplex...The payment was $400 a month and I collected $200 for one unit and $200 from a roommate...That was the origin of "sleep well at night" investing...Take care, Brad
    Aug 18 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few REIT Lessons Targeted For Millennial Investors [View article]
    propicker - Thanks for reading...one of the best times in my life was playing against UNC...I went to a small Lib-Arts school (Presbyterian College) and we played UNC back in the eighties --- I can't recall the final score but UNC had a very wide margin of safety --- we got blown out! I missed MJ by a few years...i heard that he owns a gym in NYC and you can pay a few $ to play with him...so maybe one day....Thanks for reading and all the best. Brad
    Aug 18 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few REIT Lessons Targeted For Millennial Investors [View article]
    darnoc111 - At $12+ I believe the market has already priced in the possibility...I'm sure Deb Carafo would love to put HTA on her platform but I'm not sure she's willing to pay up...Arguably the HCT deal was a much less desirable portfolio and a good comp...In other words, I think it's a long shot...Thanks for reading. Brad
    Aug 18 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few REIT Lessons Targeted For Millennial Investors [View article]
    John - Thanks for reading and commenting. As you note, I did not include BUY prices for these REITs. I feel as thought I have an obligation to my newsletter subscribers to get my current BUY targets. From time to time I post BUY recs on individual stocks but I rarely provide them in a list format. Hope that helps. Brad
    Aug 18 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's A Cool Way To Soak Up The Dividends With This Net Lease REIT [View article]
    Hardog - Thanks...Glad to help. Brad
    Aug 18 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could New York REIT Be A Takeover Target? [View article]
    Agreed. I also think NYRT share growth is muted due to recycling non-traded REIT investors. In other words, I believe the broker dealers are looking to churn fee income and move investor capital into other alternative non-traded REIT products. That's what I call the "table churning" effect....All the best. Brad
    Aug 16 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could New York REIT Be A Takeover Target? [View article]
    Mitchell -Thanks for your comments. I have been on the road (taking daughter to college) and I appreciate your input. All the best. Brad
    Aug 16 06:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could New York REIT Be A Takeover Target? [View article]
    rali - not sure what you mean by "close"? Many of my articles (including this one) are not flattering...I interview many REIT CEOs and I plan to connect with Happel (NYSE:NYRT) soon...All the best. Brad
    Aug 16 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment