Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
    nsolot - correct. ARCP has never been on the SWAN list. Take care, Brad
    Oct 24 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    waldipup - Thank you for commenting...to put this into perspective, I would not recommend ARCP for my mother today. I own shares because I feel as though the business model is developing into a powerful asset aggregation machine. However, I have maintained cautious exposure due to the underlying risks....as the hedge funds continue trading out and the dedicated investors continue trading in, I think you will see a more stable model that hopefully will become more relevant to conservative investors like my mother. It's important to recognize that O has built its entire business model on the fundamentals that are important to my mother (or my grandmother). Maybe ARCP will follow suit.......Thanks again. Brad
    Oct 24 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Is Still Not Much To Like At Pep Boys [View article]
    fyi: http://bit.ly/1rpQQbi
    Oct 23 10:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Will This New Net Lease REIT Be A Game Changer? [View article]
    Amerlafrance - no news. Thanks, BT
    Oct 23 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lexington Realty Trust: Patience Is A Virtue [View article]
    dlogie - Thx for clarifying. All the best. Brad
    Oct 23 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    Argyll - Wow, that's hard to say...there is certainly supply...and as along as rates grow moderately I would suppose $30 billion is reasonable...ARCP has the infrastructure to double in size in 5 years. I'm sure Kay has incentives in place so motivation should not be an issue. Thanks for reading, Brad
    Oct 23 09:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    murchante - Thanks for reading and commenting. I want to stress to you (and the others) that I'm maintaining a HOLD on ARCP until I see more clarity with regard to the Cole deal. Since Kay has been with the company, I have seen considerable improvements to the balance sheet and integration of management. Reviewing Kay's background it's clear that he has little experience with non-traded REIT fund raising so while I believe that selling Cole is a good decision, the benefits for the separation seems to favor RCAP. I see nothing wrong with my opinion to back off the pedal until I can see through the front and rear windows....In other words, I'm pulling off the road so there's no more damage to my car. Caution is never a bad thing. All the best. Brad
    Oct 23 09:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    Gratian - Losing money makes me nervous and it should make anyone nervous. It's not my style to drive around and throw dollar bills out the window. Admittedly, I don't have a large stake in ARCP and like you, I'm "betting" for a turnaround. I have over-weighted O and that certainly helps me mitigate the risk I have with ARCP. I would never take a flyer on a REIT that can barely cover its dividend, but I did with ARCP. All the best, Brad
    Oct 23 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    nsolot - O's hurdle to acquire casual dining is much higher than it is for other categories like QSR or C-stores. Remember that O had 2 bankruptcies in that category – Friendly’s and Buffets in the last 4-5 years that caused the company to learn its lesson.

Right now O is just north of 4% concentration to casual dining but in 2008 it was closer to 15%....in a world where you see this rising wealth inequality gap you don’t want to be levered too much to discretionary spending outlets that target lower income demographics (dollar stores are different since they cater to the necessity-based consumer).

Not to hammer the point to hard, but O has a track record for managing risk and that's precisely why the market provides the company with a consistently sound premium valuation.
    Oct 23 07:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    10 analysts covering ARCP....5 HOLDs and 5 BUYs
    Oct 23 07:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    fripp1 - I don't control much of the video content. I interviewed Nick Schorsch a few months ago and I asked tough questions. The 10 minute interview was condensed to 1 minute. I was disappointed but it was out of my control. Thanks, Brad
    Oct 23 05:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steve Rasher - that is in the works. Thanks for reading. Brad
    Oct 23 04:40 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    luiseras - welcome. I'm nervously holding shares waiting on ARCP management to provide more transparency. The multi-tenant deal announced yesterday is one step forward; however, I'm still not convinced the announced sell to Cole (on an installment plan) is meaningful. If ARCP wants to be a pure play REIT it should become a pure play REIT. Although I may be missing out on the high dividend, I prefer to wait a few quarters and let the dust settle. Again, I'm holding on wishing for the best. Brad
    Oct 23 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    O in the low 80's but doesn't have any non-rent revenue like ARCP.
    Oct 23 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is American Realty Capital Properties A 'Sucker Yield' Bet? [View article]
    User 9204301 - I said $2.25 billion and even at a more conservative number like $1.6 billion, ARCP could leverage the proceeds to $3 billion (i.e. buy SRC). Instead ARCP Investors have to wait for RACP to perform (while FINRA continues to crack down on non-traded REIT regulation). Thanks, Brad
    Oct 23 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment