Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Constructing And Designing The Stock Portfolio That's Just Right For You: Part 1 [View article]
    The Wizard of Oz Does It Again!

Nice work! This one goes in my Print CC folder.
    Apr 16 09:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HCP Is Climbing Back Up, Should I Get Back In The Game? [View article]
    Todays Tom Sawyer - In the case of HCP, I needed to see a few months of traction with the new CEO. I wasn't comfortable at the bottom but I feel better coming back up. Thanks, Brad
    Apr 16 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HCP Is Climbing Back Up, Should I Get Back In The Game? [View article]
    fidelity comment - you're a mind reader! check out my article tomorrow. Thanks, Brad
    Apr 16 09:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HCP Is Climbing Back Up, Should I Get Back In The Game? [View article]
    I already own O and ARCP (and too much net lease exposure)...I own O, ARCP, WPC, GPT, STAG, LCP, and CSG). I also added WPC recently.
    Apr 16 08:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oh, Ho, Ho, It's New York REIT, You Know [View article]
    nsolot - I agree...Most of the other non-traded REITs could not get to $10...As you know, you start out with $8.50 going in the dirt (15% in load) and Nick is one of a few who has been able to get investors back to par. I think his secret has been timing and deal size ($2 bill). CNL Lifestyle has 4$billion+ with a recent NAV of $6.85. Ouch!
    Apr 16 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Buying W.P. Carey For The Long Haul [View article]
    Tomm H - Dumb Luck works! Thanks for reading and commenting. Brad
    Apr 16 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should An Intelligent REIT Investor Buy CapStead Mortgage? [View article]
    To be clear: Mortgage REITs are volatile and they are not safe investments for most retirees or other investors who rely on income for food, shelter, or clothing. In other words, they are extremely risky and the "dividend yield of 10.48% does not compensate for the higher risk that impedes the dependability of the dividend stream." Thanks, Brad
    Apr 16 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oh, Ho, Ho, It's New York REIT, You Know [View article]
    nsolot - There's a reason for quick liquidity....If the REIT is sold or lists within 18 months of capital raise it doesn't have to file NAV reports. Hence the motivation for speed.
    Apr 16 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oh, Ho, Ho, It's New York REIT, You Know [View article]
    Mitchell - NYRT’s board of directors is committed to internalize once deemed cost efficient and there will be NO internalization fee (i.e., the cost to internalize will be $0.00; preserving complete shareholder value). Here are calculations you requested:

Total Return Calculation
    Period: 6/15/2013 to 4/16/2014
    Note: The weighted average NYRT investor bought into the stock on June 15, 2013
    Company Total Return
    NYRT
    14.2%
    SNL US REIT Office
    9.9%
    MSCI US REIT (RMS)
    6.3%
    SNL US REIT Equity
    5.8%
    Apr 16 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Buying W.P. Carey For The Long Haul [View article]
    I removed the special dividend and here is what WPC paid out:

2.0280
    1.9960
    1.9550

Also, David Fish has WPC on the 3C list for the same reason. Thanks, Brad
    Apr 16 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EPR Is A Unique Net Lease Brand I Would Like To Own [View article]
    Whiterabbit66 - Thanks for reading and commenting. Good luck. Brad
    Apr 16 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No Margin Of Safety In Amazon, But What About An Amazon Landlord? [View article]
    Greenville and Spartanburg are considered one MSA (almost 1 million people). CSG has less than 5.7% exposure in SC. The economy is stable and I'm more concerned with concentration with AMZN (over 8%) than the market. As always, thanks for your comments. Brad
    Apr 16 07:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Buying W.P. Carey For The Long Haul [View article]
    misscbd - Thanks for reading. Yes, I wish I would have got in earlier...but I can't look back. Good luck. Brad
    Apr 16 06:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Buying W.P. Carey For The Long Haul [View article]
    From 2002-2013 (per SNL Financial)
    1.7005