Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    txbadonetoo - I have just started to research this one. I generally don't recommend IPO's and I decided it was time to put CORR on my research list. Admittedly, I like CORR and from my initial research and I'm considering adding it and some time in the future. I'm not allowed to purchase shares for at least 10 business days (my rule) from the day the article was published. Thanks, Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    Thanks tev - Mr. Market was listening. All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    Omer Altay - Thanks for reading and best of luck, Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    Wall-Invest. Good question and one I'll ask management. I suppose that the REIT structure offers a variety of other asset classifications and also it's simpler (for investors) than sending out K-1's. CORR has carved out an interesting niche business that should produce sustainable growth opportunities. Thanks, Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    UTA - I don't see catalysts for the "percentage of dividend increases (to) fall." Most (Equity) REITs are reporting better fundamentals and steady and growing dividends. I agree that interest rates could weigh on REIT prices and that's why we are all reading SA - to be prepared when that time comes. All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    Recon4 - Agreed. Bets of luck, Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    Free or not, market timing is not my cup of tea. All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    jgrever621 - Thanks for reading and commenting. Brad (PS - I'm working on a Q&A so hopefully that will aid your research efforts). Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My REIT Underdog Pick For 2015 [View article]
    LetsGoPSU - I saw that and I should have included. I plan on interviewing management soon: David Schulte, the principal managing director, founded Tortoise Capital Advisors, a $17 billion energy infrastructure investor, focusing on the MLP space (the oldest fund, the TYG fund has generated 13.6% annualized returns). I'm not as concerned with external management, especially when I see an alignment of interests with investors. CORR is a financier of net lease assets so I consider the affiliation with Tortoise an advantage. All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Get 'Sharked' By Manhattan Bridge Capital [View article]
    Thanks waldipup - Take care. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Get 'Sharked' By Manhattan Bridge Capital [View article]
    James_B - Thanks for commenting. All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Get 'Sharked' By Manhattan Bridge Capital [View article]
    Albert Alfonso - Thanks for reading and commenting. All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 08:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Get 'Sharked' By Manhattan Bridge Capital [View article]
    stankluv - Thanks for reading and commenting. All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 08:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Get 'Sharked' By Manhattan Bridge Capital [View article]
    I wrote" "The company says it has had zero defaults"...

I simply did not want to waste time on writing about a REIT with such high risk. The business model is not sustainable and while LOAN performs best in bad times, I don't see how this REIT can do well in good times. I have witnessed this type of business model during multiple cycles and I'm not a believer.

As you state, LOAN may be a "decent investment" but I consider it a "high risk" investment with a volatile risk profile. Thanks for reading. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 08:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • You're Not A Sucker, But We All Should Be Better Second-Level Thinkers [View article]
    eremite - thanks for the lesson in English 101. In full disclosure, English was my least interesting class (now you know). All the best. Brad
    Jan 13, 2015. 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment