Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will The Lobster Deal Be A Tipping Point For This Net Lease REIT? [View article]
    Ha! Make sure you salt and butter...take care. BT
    Aug 5 11:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    James Bjorkman - I interviewed ARCP's President (David Kay) recently and I plan to post the video on SA tomorrow. He did talk about Red Lobster at length. All the best. Brad
    Aug 5 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • iREIT TV: Exclusive Interview With CEO Of Healthcare Trust Of America [View article]
    dhdhoora - Thanks for watching. I plan to post another video tomorrow on ARCP. I always remind investors, you are not just investing in "brick and sticks", you are also investing in the management team. For that reason, I stay engaged with many REIT CEOs. All the best. Brad
    Aug 5 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital Properties - The Other Part Of The Capital Structure [View article]
    Saw this article this am:

Nontraded-REIT risk hides in plain sight (http://bit.ly/1pAI3o7) ...keep in mind that the article was written by a non-traded REIT sponsor who does not operate in the net lease space (so clearly he is biased)....

But the more important issue, as it relates to ARCP is Cole. As I suggested in previous articles, ( http://seekingalpha.co...)

"Cole is simply a "cash cow" and in 2014 the company's capital raising activities is tracking consistent with 2013 and on pace to meet the $3.1 billion fund-raising target this year."

I added:

"Wouldn't it be best for ARCP to spin Cole or better yet, merge the "cash cow" with Nick Schorsch's "crown jewel" RCS Capital (NYSE:RCAP)? As mentioned above, Schorsch is moving his "day to day" job function to RCAP where he has created a formidable empire as a leading integrated financial service company."

Riddle me this: ARCP sells Cole....uses proceeds (my estimate around $2 bill) to buy SRC (remember, Cole has a nice office building just down the street from SRC)..hmmmmm
    Aug 5 10:47 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Darden Addresses Inaccurate And Misleading Statements By Starboard And Provides The Facts On Value Achieved With Red Lobster Sale

"Although Starboard erroneously claims the business was sold at a "discount," the $2.1 billion purchase price represents a premium multiple compared to comparable restaurant deals and exceeded many industry analysts' expected valuation ranges for the business, particularly taking into account Red Lobster's deteriorating performance."

Aug 5 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Agree Realty Corporation: A Small Cap REIT Alternative To Realty Income And ARCP? [View article]
    Nice article. 2 risks noted: (1) significant development risk. granted its net lease but there is still heavy capital allocated to risk-prone construction, (2) ADC was hit hard with Borders tenant concentration (including corp HQ)...ADC did weather the storm but the company had to exercise its non recourse playing card and hand back the keys. I think management has done a good job with reducing its tenant-based concentration....

So that begs the question: Why would I want a 6% yield when I can get a 5.2% yield with O, a company that has never cut a dividend and has one of the most diversified portfolios in REIT-dom. Alternatively, there's ARCP...yet a better dividend, albeit more risk than O.

I see ADC as a takeout target and O seems to be the logical buyer....Thanks again, Brad
    Aug 5 10:28 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Rubicon - nice work. I did not see anything included however regarding the debt maturities. I think that is perhaps one of the most important metrics. As you know, part of the risk management thesis for a triple net REIT is to successfully "match fund" debt maturity to lease maturity. I interviewed the CEO of ARCP recently and I will post that interview on SA tomorrow. Thanks for your work. All the best. Brad (Long: ARCP)
    Aug 5 07:59 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    Bill Stevenson - Thanks for reading and commenting. All the best. Brad
    Aug 4 09:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    wdjax0n - As Trump tells me, he made $ every time...All the best. Brad
    Aug 4 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    tpcork - Thanks. Interesting idea. All the best. Brad
    Aug 4 09:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    Hardog - Thanks for commenting and for serving our Country. I spent 4 years in ROTC and it was the best training ever. Yes, I have been with Trump many times and I'll be in his office this week. In fact, I have spent over a year working on the book...Clearly my goal is to make a profit on the book but the value of reading the book has more to do with my views, than his. Love or hate him, he does represent an American success story in which he has bounced back -- huge failure makes for huge success...Good luck, Brad
    Aug 4 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    NC Investor - agreed. Thanks for commenting. Brad
    Aug 4 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    martinfrosa - Thanks for mentioning the preferred shares. All the best. Brad
    Aug 4 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    bernie 1 - As you know, Trump licenses some 3rd party properties. I have been researching many Trump deals and the purpose for my book is to provide unbiased content promising to unlock many of the secrets. I just finished an article on his golf empire where has begun to build-out a global footprint with many well-recognized golf clubs.

Thanks for the tip on The Drake...I look forward to the visit.

All the best. Brad
    Aug 4 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebblebrook Hotel Trust - A Luxury Brand To Consider [View article]
    Thalidomide Baby - Thanks for reading and commenting. Yes, I plan to include PEB in my research. I will try to reach out to the CEO for an interview..Also RBC recently raised target to $41- All the best. Brad
    Aug 4 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment