Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Fundamental Analysis Of American Realty Capital's Likely Dividend Cut [View article]
    greenway - keep in mind that the mind-boggling investment made in human capital over the last year or so has all but evaporated. many of the investment gurus are now working at other firms...bottom line. there has been a revolving door at ARCP and I'm not sure what's left of the acquisition team - most had ties to Schorsch. As I mentioned earlier, Paul McDowell is IMO the leading play maker and the board should seriously consider his experience and credibility. I argued that he should be the CEO prior to bringing in David Kay.
    Dec 15, 2014. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My vote (although I have no dog in the hunt) is Paul McDowell. As you recall, he was CEO at CapLease (LSE) before being acquired by ARCP. He is solid and I think he is one of the few that can bring stability to the program. If he's hired as CEO, the Long's will sleep much better at night! Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Appetizing REIT With 9% Icing On The Cake [View article]
    Hardog - ha. I'm dieting and pictures help me deal with the anxiety :) All the best and Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 11:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    JohnDough00 - Thanks for your comments. I no longer have a position in ARCP and I wish the best for those who are Long. It's hard to read the tea leaves and I'll admit that I'm shocked that Kay is gone. One can only speculate as to the next hand that will be played...

Clearly risks are magnified and it's clear that an Independent Director does not have the experience to manage a $20 billion REIT with a struggling non-traded REIT advisor (Cole) tacked on. The entire C-suite at ARCP has vanished and that only tells me that there will be more risk ahead (when there's smoke, there's fire)....

I hate to speculate on what could happen next but I feel certain it's not good...Thanks again and Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 11:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Peachy REIT That Pays Mouth-Watering Dividends [View article]
    Dirk - Thanks for your comments....Be sure to consider the impact of depreciation and amortization on a GAAP balance sheet vs the impact on FFO. NFFO takes this into account. As a company in a strong acquisition growth mode, APTS generates a lot of d&a which will directly reduce FFO by definition. All the best, Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Peachy REIT That Pays Mouth-Watering Dividends [View article]
    Rcsam - If I did not know management team's track record, I would agree with your comments. However, I consider the leadership sound and while the fees were above average last quarter, the company is rewarding investors in the form of dividend increases.

I appreciate your remarks: There are noteworthy risks and thank you for commenting - All the best, Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Peachy REIT That Pays Mouth-Watering Dividends [View article]
    Fundflow - thanks for bringing up this remote risk. I see the company focusing more on retail since spreads are better...and low gas prices = more disposable income for shopping center tenants. All the best. Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Peachy REIT That Pays Mouth-Watering Dividends [View article]
    South Gent "Once it scales up, I would like to see management internalized to avoid those conflict issues." Agreed and thanks for commenting. Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Peachy REIT That Pays Mouth-Watering Dividends [View article]
    earljr1 - I generally agree with your external management remark; however, APTS seeks to have all acquisitions accretive for the benefit of shareholders. Also the board of directors and executive management is only paid in common stock or common stock equivalents, which totally aligns the company with investors. Also, as noted in the article, DuPree and Murphy are experienced in retail and Williams track record in multi-family speak volumes. Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 11:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Iron Mountain Blueprint For Dividend Investors [View article]
    tak111 -

Thanks ..I did some research on that subject and I thought you would enjoy reading this presentation: http://bit.ly/1wzJwOV

Thanks and Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 15, 2014. 08:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Net Lease REIT That I'm Adding To The SALSA Club [View article]
    linkdonald - thanks for commenting. Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 14, 2014. 09:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Net Lease REIT That I'm Adding To The SALSA Club [View article]
    linkdonald - thanks for commenting. Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 14, 2014. 09:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Appetizing REIT With 9% Icing On The Cake [View article]
    buster0391 - My "civil" response is as follows:

The biggest risk for REITs is the chance—small, but not nonexistent—that our macroeconomic recovery stalls, perhaps because weakness in other parts of the world spills into our country. The two most important questions for REIT investors are these: first, are macroeconomic demand conditions strengthening?

And second, are supply conditions—that is, new construction—getting ahead of themselves? If demand conditions are strengthening while supply conditions are remaining normal or below normal, then REIT investors are likely to benefit from higher occupancy levels and stronger rent growth. And I’m optimistic for 2015 on both counts.

By the way, I'll be glad to send a sample copy of my newsletter (just private message me if interested). All the best. Brad
    Dec 13, 2014. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Just Got Another Raise - Thanks Ventas, Inc. [View article]
    alschroed - Thanks for commenting. Happy Holidays and all the best. Brad
    Dec 12, 2014. 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Just Got Another Raise - Thanks Ventas, Inc. [View article]
    ralph bowlin - I tend to agree and I actually quizzed VTR's management when the HCT deal was announced. The key here is that VTR will benefit from the economies of scale and of course the low cost capital. I except we'll see more M&A in healthcare (OHI/AVIV) and I would not be surprised to see another big deal announced in Q1 or Q2. VTR is, in my opinion, the king (or maybe queen bee) of consolidation and I expect more of the same in terms of dividend policy. Note, HCP has only raised the div 4% and just a few days left in the year....Happy Holidays, Brad
    Dec 12, 2014. 10:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment