Brad Thomas

View Brad Thomas' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Sleep Well At Night With These 5 REIT CEOs Behind The Wheel [View article]
    getshorty - my target REIT concentration is 35% but I have considerably less today. As you know, every investor has his/her own risk tolerance levels but I believe that 10% to 20% is reasonable and I consider 35% reasonable for me since that is my circle of confidence. In other words, I believe that I have a competitive advantage because this is my daily grind. I don't know your risk tolerances but I suspect moving closer to 10% in REITs is a healthy mix. Note: I own 1 mREIT today: UDF. Thanks, Brad
    Aug 19 11:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital: When The CEO Buys $1 Millon In Shares, I Listen [View article]
    RS - remind me again, what is she making?
    Aug 15 10:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's A Cool Way To Soak Up The Dividends With This Net Lease REIT [View article]
    As Traditional Golf Courses Fade, Hybrids Like Topgolf Tee It Up.
    Facinating retail concept for a dying industry.I am a sucker for a golf/retail/commercial real estate story.
    Source: ULI Online Magazine http://bit.ly/1pPuiCc
    Aug 14 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Staying On The Gramercy Property Trust Train [View article]
    Late yesterday, GPT announced intent to redeem its 8.125% Series A preferred stock at $25.32161/share
    Aug 14 08:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Show Me The Money: The Perils Of REIT ETF Investing [View article]
    nytex - Last week I have been traveling and I have not been able to respond. Did you have a specific question?
    Aug 11 08:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Conversions Offer Valuable Clues As To The Strength Of This Bedrock Asset Class [View article]
    PendragonY - Thanks for commenting...I agree that "just because a C-Corp could spin off its real estate assets into a REIT"...many more barriers to entry and barriers to sustain growth. All the best, Brad
    Aug 9 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thalidomide Baby - Source: SNL

"Gladstone Land Corp. said July 28 that it acquired 322 acres of vegetable farmland in Arvin, Calif., for $5.8 million. With the purchase, the company assumed the in-place lease on the property, which expires in October 2015. The company entered into a nine-year follow-on lease agreement with a new tenant, Underwood Ranches, to commence in November 2015."
    Aug 9 11:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IREIT TV: An Exclusive Interview With ARCP's David Kay [View article]
    glorysk87 - Thanks a lot. Good luck, Brad
    Aug 6 10:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IREIT TV: An Exclusive Interview With ARCP's David Kay [View article]
    goose56 - I have found ARCP's management team to be straight shooting...the latest secondary was a "curve ball" but as Kay explained in the video, the uses (to deleverage) seemed reasonable. The only thing that the company can't cure is time - or a track record of steady and increasing dividends. Folks who don't have the stomach could always buy O. I'm long both. All the best. Brad
    Aug 6 10:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IREIT TV: An Exclusive Interview With ARCP's David Kay [View article]
    wgrogers - Thanks a lot. Obviously I'm reinvesting (in videos) to build up my newsletter biz...if you haven't subscribed, here'e the link: http://bit.ly/1fOQ8Pv
    Aug 6 09:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Agree Realty Corporation: A Small Cap REIT Alternative To Realty Income And ARCP? [View article]
    misscbd - Nice! I don't see the Agree family parting for peanuts - this is a legacy REIT. All the best, Brad
    Aug 6 10:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Lobster Deal Be A Tipping Point For This Net Lease REIT? [View article]
    Ha! Make sure you salt and butter...take care. BT
    Aug 5 11:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    James Bjorkman - I interviewed ARCP's President (David Kay) recently and I plan to post the video on SA tomorrow. He did talk about Red Lobster at length. All the best. Brad
    Aug 5 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Be Prepared For Mid-Year REIT Results, Part 3 [View article]
    elvislevel - ha. -- my oldest daughter is completely the opposite...she has a full academic scholarship at UNC Chapel Hill and she is majoring in business journalism...she doesn't care as much for real estate as she does ice cream...check out her article on The Street (where she is interning this summer): http://bit.ly/1nv4xIJ
    Aug 4 11:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding A Margin Of Safety In Realty Income [View article]
    Thanks Jerry C. I will be on San Diego radio today talking about O. http://bit.ly/WUFVOI - All the best. Brad
    Aug 3 01:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment