Braden Holt

View Braden Holt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Close Look At SandRidge's Results In The Mississippian [View article]
    Kansas reports at a lease level, but the wells on I included in this report only have one well on the lease. As I said before, Oklahoma doesn't report oil production (they do report gas production) but the data is available on purchaser reports. Outside of those two, some report by lease, some by well. Texas reports by well for gas and by lease for oil. North Dakota and Colorado both report by well.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just making sure the readers of this article don't leave thinking you're doing anything here but trying to obscure facts.
    Dec 18, 2012. 02:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At SandRidge's Results In The Mississippian [View article]
    Well then as you know, the data comes from purchaser reports that the OCC has searchable on their website. So if you think the data is bad, then you're basically saying the purchaser (ie: Phillips 66) is lying about how much oil they're purchasing from a given company.

Dec 18, 2012. 01:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At SandRidge's Results In The Mississippian [View article]
    Thanks Moby. The Eagle Ford also has a lot of gas and liquids and some people think it's the best play on the planet. I'm not putting the Mississippian in that category, but I do think it's economic and there does seem to be a lot of oil there as evidenced by some of the bigger wells. It's an intriguing stock because its reserves are trading at the levels of a natural gas company and half of those reserves are oil. With that said, I'd be lying if I didn't ask myself that same question sometimes.
    Dec 18, 2012. 10:18 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At SandRidge's Results In The Mississippian [View article]
    The OCC doesn't track oil production, so your comment about their data being "suspicious" doesn't make much sense. As for these "auditors" you talked to, I guess we'll find out when SD's 2012 reserve report comes out.
    Dec 17, 2012. 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At SandRidge's Results In The Mississippian [View article]
    My gut reaction is yes for the reason you stated. They have tier 2 assets that will produce a lot of oil for the owner. But if you look at the company's metrics, they just don't stack up. I'm torn on SandRidge...I don't think I'd be selling them now, but if I was buying there's probably better opportunities out there.
    Dec 17, 2012. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At SandRidge's Results In The Mississippian [View article]
    I know they drilled a handful of wells in Garfield last year, but I haven't looked at the results. A cursory check shows similar to Grant, but it's a small sample size. It looks like they have a lot of leasehold there so I would expect them to get to it soon.
    Dec 17, 2012. 02:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At SandRidge's Results In The Mississippian [View article]
    You're welcome. If he still intends to sell the Permian, my personal opinion is that he should be ousted. With that said, I would buy/sell the stock assuming he stays on.
    Dec 17, 2012. 01:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Emerging TMS: Vast Oil Potential For Several Natural Gas Weighted Companies [View article]
    Today they might, but again there's only ever been ~20 wells completed in the TMS in history, so there's a lot for companies to learn and hopefully plenty of room for costs to come down. If this is as low as costs go, then the play might not work, but I doubt that's the case.
    Dec 12, 2012. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips: Exploiting The Eagle Ford Shale [View article]
    Haha thanks.
    Dec 11, 2012. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips: Exploiting The Eagle Ford Shale [View article]
    Hah yea I wrote that article/that's my blog.
    Dec 11, 2012. 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips: Exploiting The Eagle Ford Shale [View article]
    They've been drilling the best Eagle Ford wells in my opinion. The declines on some of their Karnes County wells resemble the Parshall field and Live Oak looks great too. Anyone know if they've started drilling Lavaca yet?
    Dec 11, 2012. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Potential Value Stocks In The Eagle Ford [View article]
    If you're buying or holding GDP you're really betting on the TMS as that's going to be the major catalyst for the company moving forward. They absolutely need to find a JV partner for their 150k acres there as they don't have the liquidity to develop it on their own. Evidence of this is that S&P just downgraded their credit rating because the company hasn't been able to generate cash flow. I look at it like this: there's better options.
    Nov 19, 2012. 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeing The Forest Through The Debt [View article]
    The "screw EOG" comment may not have come off the way I intended it to. What I was trying to say is that EOG is a fantastic company who gets a lot of coverage, let's look at a much less sexy company to see if we can find some value.

I agree that financing is an unfortunate distraction for some of these small caps, particularly KOG. It will be interesting to see how they manage their spending moving forward. If they believe in the long-term fundamentals of the price of oil they don't need to overextend themselves because the oil itself isn't going anywhere.
    Nov 1, 2012. 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Value Stock Search: Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    Thanks Mike.
    Oct 24, 2012. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Value Stock Search: Whiting Petroleum [View article]
    On the other side of the equation: If I did have a position in Whiting and I was telling you to buy them subsequently, couldn't that be mistaken as a conflict of interest?

My research and analysis should speak for itself. I'm not here to make decisions for you, I'm here to provide information and analysis. I don't run a hedge fund. I don't pump stocks. I look at various stocks for various reasons and write about them. Might I enter Whiting at some point? Sure. Do I plan to in the next 72 hours? No.
    Oct 23, 2012. 12:51 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment