Lamensdorf, a frequent guest commentator and analyst on major business networks including CNBC, CNN and Fox Business News, also serves as a Portfolio Manager and Principal of Ranger Alternative Management LP, a sub-advisor to the Advisor Shares Ranger Equity Bear Exchange Traded Fund (NYSE: HDGE). In this role, he conducts top-down technical evaluations of broader market liquidity, sentiment and breadth to help identify short and intermediate-term market trends, manage exposure and mitigate risk. HDGE was launched in 2011 and is the first and sole actively managed, short-only ETF in existence.
Lamensdorf, also has managed investment portfolios for the Hughes family and acted as principal of Tarpon Partners, managing a long/short fund that was up more than 150% gross over six years. Earlier in his career, he was as an equity trader/market strategist for Taylor and Company, the Bass brothers’ trading arm, co-managing a short-only strategy in a derivative format with notional exposure. He also served as the in-house market timing strategist for the entire internal and external network of Bass managers.
- Description: Newsletter author.
- Interests: ETFs
Brad is a frequent commentator on major business networks including CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business News. In his role as as co-portfolio-manager of the short-only actively managed Ranger Equity Bear ETF, he identifies short and intermediate-term market trends to manage exposure and mitigate risk. Before Ranger Equity Bear, Brad was a trading and marketing strategist for Ranger Alternative Management's short only portfolio, where he was both portfolio manager and principal. He also served as a principal of Precisian GP,LLC and portfolio manager of Precisian Partners L.P. Prior to Precisian he founded BHL Partners L.P., a commodity oriented hedge fund primarily focused on gold and gold equities. In addition, he served as a principal of Tarpon Capital Management L.P. and was the portfolio manager for Tarpon Partners, L.P. In 1997 he was a founder, partner and co-manager of KBH, L.P., an investment firm created to manage investment portfolios for the King- Hughes family. Brad also worked on the equity trading desk for the Bass family in Fort Worth, Texas where he co-managed an extensive equity portfolio with emphasis on short selling and derivative strategies. Brad received a B.A. in psychology from the University of Texas at Austin in 1992.
- oil supply hit record high ... on Risk Reward Shows Market In The Toilet For 2015
- we were short oil stocks in... on Risk Reward Shows Market In The Toilet For 2015
- shorting is tough. HDGE is ... on Risk Reward Shows Market In The Toilet For 2015
- the currency markets will m... on Risk Reward Shows Market In The Toilet For 2015
- agreed! on Risk Reward Shows Market In The Toilet For 2015
- Risk Reward Shows Market In The Toilet For 2015
- Market Timing Report: Sentiment Returns To Overbought Territory
- Auto Finance: Another Subprime Bubble?
- Market Timing Report: Short-Term Sentiment Improves, Long-Term Outlook Worsens
- Market Timing Report: 10-20% Correction Due To Extreme Sentiment And Leverage