Bradley Sugarman

View Bradley Sugarman's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 3D Systems dives following new Citron attack, peers also off [View news story]
    It's always a buying opportunity when Citron puts out their negative reports against DDD. I got in around $29 last year with a similar report. They did another one 6 month ago and the stock did it's traditional dip, fully recover, break new highs.

This is a good buying opportunity for anyone interested in getting in. DDD won't get down to $56 - I'm surprised it's dipped below the $80s (where I sold to rebalance).
    Jan 24 12:34 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keating Capital: Misunderstood, With Catalysts To Come In The 2nd Half [View article]
    I got the exact same private message and also avoided the call for a conflict of interest. This fact diminishes the credibility of this article. I'm actually surprised SeekingAlpha would allow this to be published (they used to not publish KIPO articles).

I wonder why Tim Keating himself hasn't commented, seeing as how he has a SeekingAlpha account and most likely is alerted to KIPO news from SeekingAlpha.

Smells fishy....
    Sep 1 05:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citron takes aim at Voxeljet, other 3D printing plays also off [View news story]
    Haven't heard of Citron Research.... I bought DDD earlier in the year when Citron Research put out a similar short bearish report for 3d printing. I can't recall the details but buying on that dip paid off big time for me - even after today I'm still up over 100% for the year. I'm not really getting worried yet, this correction was well needed in the 3d printing space.

I was thinking about selling to rebalance but now....
    Nov 20 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GSV Capital: How To Play The Twitter Revolution Into A 100% Gain [View article]
    Plenty of room to grow. The stock hasn't even closed the NAV gap yet - and NAV has increased greatly since the end of June. I'm still updating my model...
    Aug 13 01:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon (AMZN) launches a dedicated portion of its website to 3-D printers in a move that could help the burgeoning technology (DDD, SSYS, XONE) hit the mainstream. The company lists 3-D printers and accessories from major brands in the section. [View news story]
    This news is better for the 3D printers than it is for Amazon
    Jun 13 09:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D printing plays rally to new highs again [View news story]
    Time to tighten up those trailing stops
    Nov 11 12:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Short Thesis For Activision Blizzard [View article]
    Nice article but I think you're ignoring ATVI's trendsetting ability. Call of Duty isn't going anywhere. On a personal level I've mostly quit gaming because most games out now are still just COD knockoffs. Disney has already mimicked the Skylanders franchise and how many of those GuitarHero copycats were there? As far as I'm concerned ATVI still is the best investment in the gaming industry.

But my problem with your valuation is that you've glossed over all the additional shares ATVI has just bought back from Vivendi. By using earnings per share I feel that your $9 assessment is at least 25% undervalued. Not saying the stock is a buy at these prices but your stance is slightly too pessimistic.
    Oct 14 01:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • With A Small 'v', 3-D Printing Company voxeljet Should Make A Big Splash On The NYSE [View article]
    Seems like if there was real value here DDD would have just acquired them...
    Oct 2 06:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EA, Activision Command The Console Cycle [View article]
    Great article as always.

TTWO should have taken the $25 buyout offer from EA in 2008.

Personally, I think the release of GTA V was poorly executed. The "iFruit" app is only out for iPhone, creating an opportunity for hackers to create fake iFruit Android apps. The online components not only weren't functional at the release but are still having issues weeks later.

The whole goal was to match rival ATVI's Call Of Duty by adding hundreds of more hours of game play to the GTA franchise but so far falls short by a long shot.
    Oct 2 06:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IPO ETF Doesn't Need Twitter [View article]
    I agree but I would like to add that this fund holds 100 stocks, not 51 as stated. Also if Twitter gains over 50% on the first day of trading it is disqualified from being added to the fund, per the funds own rules.
    Sep 16 10:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SolarCity Creates Value In Firsthand Technology Value Fund [View article]
    Thanks, I saw this news come to light as this article was waiting to be reviewed by the SeekingAlpha editors. I do no disagree with the activist investor and may write on that as you suggested.
    May 29 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pulling Historical Stock Data Into A Google Spreadsheet (It's Easy!!) [View instapost]
    Excel article! Google Docs is such a powerful, free device.
    Nov 7 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETFs set to own Twitter [View news story]
    If Twitter pops 50%+ the first day it will be forever banned from the FPX index anyways so I guess it's a good thing Twitter keeps raising their IPO price.
    Nov 6 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Not To Buy Into The Twitter IPO [View article]
    Sold my GSVC shares on Friday. I've been toying around with getting into FPX but if Twitter pops above 50% that will disqualify it from become part of the FPX index.
    Nov 4 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Active ETFs Slow To Gain Steam [View article]
    Keep it up Tom! Love your articles on SA as well as your ETF of the week segment on MoneyLife.

I think actively managed ETFs fall in a strange place right now. Most ETF investors demand the lowest possible expense ratio otherwise they're in mutual funds. I think as time plays out the actively managed ETF will gain popularity - whether that be by institutional or retail investors.
    Oct 14 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment