Bradley Sugarman

View Bradley Sugarman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 'Disappointing' Violin Memory IPO Is Still A Win For GSV Capital [View article]
    Thanks - it's actually page 7 but the strange thing is on my computer the S-1 is missing a lot of data that I can see when I pull it up on my phone.... I may need to do some updates.

"The two-for-one reverse split of our common stock completed September 2013, with an automatic adjustment to the conversion ratio of the outstanding shares of convertible preferred stock to reflect the same reverse stock split ratio upon conversion of the convertible preferred stock into common stock"
    Oct 1 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Source? Do you know the date of the split?
    Sep 30 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Source?
    Sep 30 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, I'll get that corrected
    Sep 29 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GSV Capital Just Reloaded On Ammo, Now Needs To Find Targets [View article]
    Yes - $22.86
    Sep 15 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GSV Capital Just Reloaded On Ammo, Now Needs To Find Targets [View article]
    Hold - my model has the current NAV around $13.50. I'm looking to buy closer to 50% of NAV and sell closer to 125% to NAV.
    Sep 13 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Anticipating GSV Capital's Next Moves [View article]
    Agreed - it'd be good to be a bond holder. I don't think we're going too far down below $10 though. I'm basically looking to average down at 50% to NAV but I don't think it will get that bad. At least they're buying some gov't backed notes with the money - add a little downside protection and cash flow to the portfolio.
    Sep 12 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Anticipating GSV Capital's Next Moves [View article]
    I'd be most interested in Square, especially for a top 10 holding. It's a company that it is clear how they make money, many small business already use their products and the mobile payment space is ripe for growth.

Anything other than solar or online education...
    Sep 9 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Anticipating GSV Capital's Next Moves [View article]
    I agree, I'm not too happy with the education stocks either. However, I've been pleasantly surprised to see Coursera's name popping up in casual online discussions. I'm not knowledgeable enough in the space to tell whether or not they're a leader but it is seeming more and more likely. I equate GSVC's heavy position in digital education to most funds over allocation of solar stocks.

I also think Mr Moe is a breath of fresh air. Many may not like the BDC business model but I think GSVC stands head and shoulders above similar companies like SVVC and KIPO.

I like Dropbox. I know a lot of users to the service but none paying. I'm predicting a successful IPO from them considering their name recognition as well as being one of the few cloud companies the average retail investor can comprehend.
    Sep 7 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GSV Capital: How To Play The Twitter Revolution Into A 100% Gain [View article]
    Plenty of room to grow. The stock hasn't even closed the NAV gap yet - and NAV has increased greatly since the end of June. I'm still updating my model...
    Aug 13 01:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Other than SVVC there is also KIPO and TINY but I don't find either compelling.
    Aug 9 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    We might have to wait until Q3 earnings to hear anything about it. Same with FB's big jump.
    Aug 6 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not too mention SSNI has been climbing as well as a successful IPO by CTRL.
    Aug 6 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment