Bram de Haas

View Bram de Haas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • MGT Capital Investments: DraftDay Is An Interesting Asset And The Company Is A Willing Seller [View article]
    Thanks for comments. Positive tone towards DraftDay dissapeared because of somewhat increased rake or are there other complaints that you frequently encounter?
    Apr 29, 2015. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No problem Christopher, thanks for writing about the company. We can try but we don't always get them right.
    Apr 29, 2015. 04:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Mrothbard thanks for your comment. I'm curious what do you base this on: "Much of their client base left after MGT took over" its quite unusual behaviour in gaming from my experience.
    Apr 29, 2015. 04:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Need To Know About The LookSmart Merger Spin-Off [View article]
    Hi Jeremey sorry the trade did not end well for you. Thanks for your comment. Adding the pre deal price to the extra value gained from the transaction makes sense to me.

I do agree it is uncertain what LookSmarts shares will be worth once it is a shipping company. The reason I think it does not make a whole lot of sense for LookSmart shareholders to get shafted is that 1) the current LookSmart shareholders only receive a very small part of the entire company. 2) The reason a shipping company wants to list is ofcourse to raise money and it is not in its best interest to do so at a low valuation. 3) LookSmart shareholders get protection from dilution through capital raises.

Still, ehm I think caution is very healthy here but different opinions make markets I guess. I can imagine the OTC spin-off will probably get hammered but that does not mean the price it ends up at is equal intrinsic value. There are funds that need to get out and I think people in the States need to fill out paperwork to trade OTC? $1 as per my reasoning and view of the legacy business is low, $0.50 is extremely low.
    Apr 28, 2015. 04:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Need To Know About The LookSmart Merger Spin-Off [View article]
    As far as I know the administrative pressure is a lot less. I agree $2 was a bit much compared to the value the market ascribed to the stock pre-deal but ofcourse I think it was undervaluing the company to begin with :)
    Apr 27, 2015. 05:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Need To Know About The LookSmart Merger Spin-Off [View article]
    Hi Mukti, thanks for your comment. Costs associated with maintaining a NASDAQ listing are not limited to the fee for the listing itself ofcourse. I think it does matter as you know LOOK really needs to make the most of every dollar it has.

How do you get to $1?
    Apr 27, 2015. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aeropostale: It's Not Really A Turnaround, And It's Not Going To Work [View article]
    Hi Vince, so you are kind of advocating a short position for a couple of months? If and when liquidity concerns start to play up you are going to book solid profits and if these concerns do not play up (which you deem unlikely) you get out.
    I'm not immediately convinced there is a high probability that is how things will unfold but I have to doublecheck myself here, I could be biased because I am advocating the bull case. Great article anyway.
    Apr 27, 2015. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well done article and I get the concern with the bull case but I truly don't understand the short case. To quote you:

"Bulls will likely respond that this is a bit of an overwrought scenario; Aeropostale can manage its cash burn, work with its lenders, and extend its liquidity. That may be true - and is probably even the more likely scenario."

So by your own estimate it is more likely it is going to muddle through. If it doesn't you book a 100% win at BEST. If it muddles through... Sure your losses will be modest at first but it will be very tricky to determine where you need to get out. When its obviously clear sailing and the short case did not materialize by that time you have a multibagger against you.

To make sure you don't get ripped you would need to exit your short while there is still hope your liquidity crisis will materialize....

I think its a difficult position to take.
    Apr 25, 2015. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Key Takeaways From Google's Earnings Call [View article]
    Agree on the seasonal thing!
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Key Takeaways From Google's Earnings Call [View article]
    My thoughts exactly
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LookSmart: Clickable Is Gaining Traction But Overshadowed By Near Term Liquidity Risk [View article]
    new article out on $LOOK (embargoed for now), in my opinion it is basically a sale of the listing in exchange for ~4.5 million. There are some additonal pro and cons but the news represents roughly $0.80 in additional value if I understand it correctly.
    Apr 24, 2015. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I had no idea what was happening but the news is out:
    Apr 24, 2015. 04:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon.com: Here's How Much Drone Deliveries Would Cost Per Delivery [View article]
    A valuable second opinion on drone cost deliveries whether I agree or not
    Apr 23, 2015. 10:09 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Bubble [View instapost]
    Prada bought an 80% interest for $8 million!
    Apr 22, 2015. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Bubble [View instapost]
    I'll give a hint that is to low ;)
    Apr 22, 2015. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment