Brandon Hall

View Brandon Hall's Comments BY TICKER:

• Facebook Lockup Expiration: A Look At Other Recent Numbers [View article]
    Bob, that won't happen. I don't think you understand the basics of supply and demand.
    Aug 6, 2012. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Lowdown On Organovo Holdings [View article]
    This is not a pump piece. This is my personal opinion about the company. I took a look at both the positives and the negatives.

I am not invested in the company, have never invested in the company, and will not be buying any shares within the next 72 hours.
    Jul 23, 2012. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Dangers Of Reaching For Yield: Supervalu Gets Pummeled [View article]
    SVU announced they are looking for a buyer. What are the chances of this happening?
    Jul 17, 2012. 08:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Democratizing Creativity - 3D Printing With 3D Systems Corp [View article]
    3D has dramatically decreased the learning curve with their new printer the Cube. While you are right by saying people can buy and build the printers for a similar price, those printers are complicated to build, and the operate. The Cube has one button, and connects to your computer via Wi-Fi. You are also right by saying "entry into the market is low." I think that in the future this will change as more and more people adopt the technology. And as more people adopt the technology, it will in turn get better, including the "surface finish."

3D Systems is focusing on simplicity and people love simplicity. Look at how successful Apple's products have become. They are all very easy to learn how to use. I think this will play a part in DDD beating out its competitors.

Thank you for your comment.
    Jul 13, 2012. 09:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Democratizing Creativity - 3D Printing With 3D Systems Corp [View article]
    Thanks for your feedback
    Jul 13, 2012. 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Democratizing Creativity - 3D Printing With 3D Systems Corp [View article]
    Thanks for your comment!
    Jul 13, 2012. 09:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Democratizing Creativity - 3D Printing With 3D Systems Corp [View article]
    Dalton -

1) Mako had a poor business model, poor management, and a very slim market for their product, though they do have a good idea. As far a low point, I think this past Thursday was the low point if you are trying to "time" the market. As a long term investment I think you will do ok getting in at any price. Also if you do not feel like risking much, just invest 1-3% of your assets and see what happens.

2) DDD's YTD return is 125.56% while SSYS's YTD return is 55.84%. I personally believe that DDD has a better product lineup, and that SSYS has a better business model. I also think that people are really liking the idea of affordable personal 3D printers, hence the higher YTD return for DDD. I think that DDD needs to work on their management, and if you do a quick search you will find they have some disgruntled employees. As is disclosed, I am long DDD because I think they can appeal to a larger market than SSYS, but really both companies are great, innovative entities.
    Jul 13, 2012. 09:46 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Wells Fargo, Which Has 66% Upside Potential [View article]
    BoA has really hurt their brand.
    Jul 13, 2012. 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Lowdown On Organovo Holdings [View article]
    I would normally agree with you, however ONVO has a sound idea. It all depends on how well they are able to sell that idea.
    Jul 13, 2012. 07:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Lowdown On Organovo Holdings [View article]
    You are right! And remember that big negative is mainly due to the fact that they haven't really focused on selling rather they have focused on R&D
    Jul 12, 2012. 10:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Lowdown On Organovo Holdings [View article]
    Thank you guys for the comments. Yes I have to agree scientists make poor business people! And yes their financials are bad right now but just remember they are still in the development stage. If they succeed they will be as you said: "monumental."
    Jul 12, 2012. 10:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment